Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-27-2021, 07:10 PM  
Life is changing..

Let's talk about the Cleveland Browns

Week 1.

Chiefs vs Browns.

Talk about it here.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-07-2021, 02:06 PM   #781
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
All 3 beat out experienced NFL players for those starting alignments. So this isn’t a “necessity” situation as it might appear outside looking in.

The Chiefs signed Austin Blythe rather than re-signing Austin Reiter, who remains unsigned. This indicates Blythe > Reiter, and Humphrey beat Blythe for that starting role.

Trey Smith fell to the 6th because of his medical uncertainty but was regarded as a top 50 talent in the draft by many evaluators. Then he got to Chiefs training camp and shined. He was beating out former starting RG Laurent Duvarney-Tardiff before LDT was injured and also clearly beat out Austin Wylie (who started at LG in 2019 and was a starter in a few different roles in 2020).

Lucas Niang opted out of 2020 but beat out Mike Remmers, who was above-average at RT last year. Remmers missed some time with injury, which helped, but Niang performed at a high enough level to hang on to the spot.

And then they all played really well in the preseason.

So it’s a combination of preseason performance and the contextual situation which is driving the excitement and confidence in this unit.

This is a great post. If you are forced into HAVING to start rookies on the line due to lack of veteran leadership there, you are in trouble.

But if those "rookies" (we shouldn't even call Niang that) are so talented that they outperform quality veterans then this trouble turns into a huge amount of optimism.

But you Browns fans just keep ignoring that and saying starting rookies is trouble without actually reading
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 09-07-2021, 02:09 PM   #782
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWChubb83 View Post
Talking about the optimism for your offensive line. Not the team in general, but go ahead and take my post out of context.
Just saw that.

I think people would be pessimistic if we were returning our line from the Super Bowl.

If you look at it from that perspective, you can see the reason for the optimism.
SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.
Old 09-07-2021, 02:14 PM   #783
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupDock View Post
Just saw that.

I think people would be pessimistic if we were returning our line from the Super Bowl.

If you look at it from that perspective, you can see the reason for the optimism.
I know I would be. It would be like trying to get your franchise QB killed.
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-07-2021, 02:15 PM   #784
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Let's talk about the Cleveland Browns

Quote:
Right. So as Browns fan, I don’t think it is unreasonable to like our chances of creating pressure from our veteran D-line against those three rookies upfront. In fact, I think any rationale NFL fan would agree. Just trying to paint the picture of why Browns fans are more optimistic going into this years game.

Veteran line?

You’re pinning your hopes on Malik McDowell being a gem (no different than the Chiefs rookies) and JaDaveon Clowney actually doing something.

Myles Garrett is awesome. Malik Jackson is a veteran, but also JAG. Clowney hasn’t lived up to his name for a long time now. Andrew Billings … veteran JAG.

You seem to have missed the point of my post. This isn’t just a “they’re starting 3 rookies cuz they have to!” situation. They beat out experienced, quality guys for these slots and one of the best coaching staffs and OL coaches in the NFL is comfortable with them starting side-by-side (which indicates comfort with the rookies’ ability to handle “games”).
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-07-2021, 02:15 PM   #785
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi View Post
This is a great post. If you are forced into HAVING to start rookies on the line due to lack of veteran leadership there, you are in trouble.

But if those "rookies" (we shouldn't even call Niang that) are so talented that they outperform quality veterans then this trouble turns into a huge amount of optimism.

But you Browns fans just keep ignoring that and saying starting rookies is trouble without actually reading
That’s fair. I appreciate the reply to the post.
NWChubb83 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.NWChubb83 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.NWChubb83 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.NWChubb83 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.NWChubb83 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.NWChubb83 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 09-07-2021, 02:20 PM   #786
Rookie

Quote:
Veteran line?

You’re pinning your hopes on Malik McDowell being a gem (no different than the Chiefs rookies) and JaDaveon Clowney actually doing something.

Myles Garrett is awesome. Malik Jackson is a veteran, but also JAG. Clowney hasn’t lived up to his name for a long time now.
I’m not counting on Malik yet- the other guy has. I still like my chances of Clowney, Billings and Jackson vs guys who have NEVER PLAYED IN A NFL GAME. Surely, you see the rationale?

If Browns line gets dominated I’ll tip my cap. I’m sure your Oline will be infinitely better by end of year, but out of the gate I’ll take my chances.
NWChubb83 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.NWChubb83 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.NWChubb83 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.NWChubb83 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.NWChubb83 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.NWChubb83 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 09-07-2021, 02:22 PM   #787
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
I’m not counting on Malik yet- the other guy has. I still like my chances of Clowney, Billings and Jackson vs guys who have NEVER PLAYED IN A NFL GAME. Surely, you see the rationale?

If Browns line gets dominated I’ll tip my cap. I’m sure your Oline will be infinitely better by end of year, but out of the gate I’ll take my chances.

Just because they’re vets doesn’t mean they aren’t JAGS, man.

I get the optimism from a fan perspective but it’s not fair to say you don’t understand optimism from Chiefs fans about the young guys on the OL when you’re being just as optimistic about guys who really haven’t done much in recent years.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 02:25 PM   #788
MVP

We started geeking out when Trey Smith started pancaking dudes in camp, including Chris Jones who is probably the second best DL in the league.

Also consider:

Quote:
Orlando Brown is ready to prove himself as one of the best left tackles in the game. While Brown primarily played right tackle in Baltimore, he didn't allow a single sack or quarterback hit in 389 pass-blocking snaps at left tackle with the Baltimore Ravens last season filling in for Ronnie Stanley. Joe Thuney is one of the most durable offensive linemen in the game, playing the second-most snaps in the league over the last five years (5,474). He also allowed just three sacks in 1,897 pass-blocking snaps with the New England Patriots.

Rookie Creed Humphrey is expected to start at center. Humphrey didn't allow a sack in in his 39 career games at Oklahoma (1,230 snaps). Fellow rookie Trey Smith is expected to start at right guard, and he allowed only one sack in his final two seasons at Tennessee in over 2,500 snaps. Lucas Niang, a 2020 third-round pick who sat out the year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, is projected to start at right tackle. Niang didn't allow a sack during his final two seasons at TCU.
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 09-07-2021, 02:32 PM   #789
Rookie

Quote:
Just because they’re vets doesn’t mean they aren’t JAGS, man.

I get the optimism from a fan perspective but it’s not fair to say you don’t understand optimism from Chiefs fans about the young guys on the OL when you’re being just as optimistic about guys who really haven’t done much in recent years.
Point taken. Looking forward to the game. I’m sure Arrowhead will be insane Sunday. Can’t wait to see that environment especially after last season, even if it sucks for the Browns.
Old 09-07-2021, 02:36 PM   #790
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Speaking of which, is Mayfield still taking up residence at the stadium?
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-07-2021, 02:47 PM   #791
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptlyon View Post
Speaking of which, is Mayfield still taking up residence at the stadium?
yes you can look forward to baker on your TV every other commercial
eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 09-07-2021, 02:49 PM   #792
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastsidedawg View Post
i mean come on you can make this stuff up... yea they have the old KC running back who did all the bad stuff WHILE he was with the chiefs.

you have a guy named Tyreek Hill as well.. bunch of choirboys over there
So a guy who was with the chiefs abused a woman on camera we cut him and the feces signed him.

And you want to complain about a guy who uses commas in his texts?

There is a reason I use the euphemism "taking the Browns to the Superbowl" that is the only time it will ever happen. Then they get flushed away just like God intended.
Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 09-07-2021, 02:49 PM   #793
True Chiefs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastsidedawg View Post
yes you can look forward to baker on your TV every other commercial
I like his commercials. If football doesn’t work out he’s got something to fall back on.
LOCOChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LOCOChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LOCOChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LOCOChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LOCOChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LOCOChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LOCOChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LOCOChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LOCOChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LOCOChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.LOCOChief has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 02:50 PM   #794
Banned

Quote:
Like blind faith that Malik McDowell is a star in the making, right?
nope i trust me eyes... take one look Sunday and tell me Billings is better than McDowell.

its not close its like saying Nndi is better than chris jones.
eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 09-07-2021, 02:51 PM   #795
Banned!

Quote:
Really strange the optimism of KC fans for a team that is starting three players on the OL who have never taken a NFL snap. Is this all based on preseason results? Serious question.
Fine. Replace each with the quality vet they actually beat for the job. Does that make the line seem more formidable?
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.