Thoughts on first preseason game

What did you like and not like aside from the ST’s new kickoff

Like:
-Jaden Hicks is already the 2nd best safety on this team. He looks awesome
-Punt God is an upgrade
-Even after a few plays you could see Worthy’s speed press the defense
-Liked Nic Jones ball tracking ability outside. He’s better than I thought
-Run defense was very good
-Steele might have made the roster. He looks really good and needed on short situational downs
-tackling needs work but it was backups

Didn’t like:
-FAU is gonna be a rotational player on passing downs. Big improvement as a rusher, still got mauled on run plays
—We are going to miss Sneed. How much? That remains to be seen
-we’ll miss Gay’s speed. That was evident tonight
-Nourzad and Hanson have a long way to go. Rough night for them

anything else?
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:29 PM   #61
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danguardace View Post
Would happily roll into the season with Pacheco, Prince, Steele and LRZ as Running backs

Happily let CEH go but I know Reid will keep him.
Uh, LRZ is not NFL ready. He got thrown around like a rag doll by the 3rd team and he is still running tentatively. Not a huge knock, it always was going to be a tall order to go from Rugby to the NFL game. This isn't an American Rugby player who played high school and college football. He is learning EVERYTHING about the game...and it shows.
VAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:31 PM   #62
MVP

Yeah I still want them to get LRZ in space before the preseason is over just to see.

But I doubt he makes the 53
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old Today, 12:32 PM   #63
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
May have to go find a #2 cb

Maybe. Whatever Spags thinks, we'll do. Not remotely worried about the secondary at this point. Some of those completions yesterday were kind of lucky, or were just great efforts by the receivers.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:32 PM   #64
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimo View Post
Yeah I still want them to get LRZ in space before the preseason is over just to see.

But I doubt he makes the 53

Did he actually return a kick?
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:37 PM   #65
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAChief View Post
Uh, LRZ is not NFL ready. He got thrown around like a rag doll by the 3rd team and he is still running tentatively. Not a huge knock, it always was going to be a tall order to go from Rugby to the NFL game. This isn't an American Rugby player who played high school and college football. He is learning EVERYTHING about the game...and it shows.
He can kick, cover punts, return kick offs CEH can do none of that, let him learn the game while being special teams. Prince, Steele LRZ have far more upside than MEH who is on a 1 year deal. I'd rather develop these guys so they can contribute over the next few years rather than waste another year on Clyde offering nothing. Chiefs have got huge bills to pay with Bolton and the interior Oline situation.
Danguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old Today, 01:13 PM   #66
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coogs View Post
WR's on the first series.

Brown, Rice, Worthy on first play
Moore (I think), Rice, Worthy on second play
Moore, Worthy, Rice (I think) on third play
Moore, Rice, Worthy (I think) on 4th play
Moore and Rice only on 5th play
Moore, Rice, and Worthy on 6th and last play.
With Worthy only getting a drive + a play I think that solidifies him as a starter and either the 2nd or 3rd WR depending on Brown. I know Watson is hurt, but if they weren't planning on Worthy being a starter, then he'd be playing these games more. I seem to remember Rice getting quite a bit of snaps last year in the preseason.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old Today, 01:20 PM   #67
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
With Worthy only getting a drive + a play I think that solidifies him as a starter and either the 2nd or 3rd WR depending on Brown. I know Watson is hurt, but if they weren't planning on Worthy being a starter, then he'd be playing these games more. I seem to remember Rice getting quite a bit of snaps last year in the preseason.
I was thinking the same. I assume, and hope, Watson would have been in instead of Moore when Brown went out. But it appears Moore is in the conversation for the 5th spot. Hardman 6th. Then Ross 7th.

It will be interesting to see next week where Toney fits in this rotation provided he is healthy.
Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old Today, 01:43 PM   #68
Starter

-Ross did well
-Steele may carve out a role as the short yardage bruiser
-Always hard to judge D as Spags goes ultra vanilla in preseason and no exotic blitzes or sub packages
-The starting offensive lineup was fairly sharp
-Toub needs to get up to speed on kickoffs
-LRZ was solid, didn’t get a kick to return but was always able to beat the first defender and made no errors which is more than can be said of many much more experienced players.
-Oladokun looks good. Quite similar in style to Mahomes whilst obviously several levels below in ability. Will hopefully get to backup level next year as he can then operate with the same playbook if slightly dialled down
-Book was a horror show and made of hard to judge anyone else around him as their ability to shine was severely hampered.
Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Hayneplane must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old Today, 02:47 PM   #69
SuperBowl or bust

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
One thing that makes preseason tough to judge is that it seems like Reid’s teams play a level of depth below the opponent.

Like a lot of times, it feels like we’re playing second stringers against starters. Or third stringers against backups.

Maybe that’s just me.
I bet AR wants to see how they respond and match up. To evaluate if additional opportunities are warranted or not. Gives them valuable tape to review.
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.