Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Yesterday, 01:05 PM   #2
Wasted away again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni View Post
I don't think he's insulting the poster, but the state of the job environment in this country due to some decisions involving "outsiders "
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch View Post
That's supposed to be better? Coming in and bleating about how "dey tuk er JERBS!!!"?
He was making obvious veiled political statements and has been booted from the thread.
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 14 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:32 PM   #3
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
I’m sorry to hear about your 401k. I can’t imagine blowing through my entire nest egg in 10 month, but I understand everyone’s situation is differen.
During the pandemic when many people lost their jobs, it occurred more than you might think. In fact, the nest egg money in many cases just helped some people keep their heads above the quicksand.

And while the job market is better now, it doesn't mean that things have gotten better for many. Hydrae's situation is one that occurs all too frequently these days....and for no fault of their own.
Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old Yesterday, 04:19 PM   #4
Sexiest Athlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrae View Post
Thank you to everyone who has responded. I appreciate the thoughts and advice. I am not surprised at the temporary turn the thread took. This is CP after all!

In answer to some of the questions:

1. The 401k is dead at this point. That resource has sadly been used up.

2. I have always thought I would work until I was 70 to maximize my Social Security benefits. I did give in to reality a couple days ago and applied. If nothing else, the benefit is weighted to the last 5 years of employment and it appears likely that I will be earning significantly less the next few years. So yes, I am legally retired I suppose.

3. Why Oregon and now? I have worked remote tech support for several years and if I were to get a similar position my location would not really matter. If I need to have an onsite job, I would prefer it to be in our dream location where we were planning to be anyway. We are both from here and this is a returning home finally. Yes, I jumped off a cliff and the fall has been scary. Now it looks like the ground is coming fast and it scares the piss out of me.

On a more positive note, it looks like I will have an interview at Fred Meyer (think regional Walmart) this afternoon. I will ensure there are no communication failures this time even if it means I have to go to the store every hour.
Hydrae-

Best of luck on your interview with Fred Meyer tomorrow; you've got this! I don't know if you have ever considered this, but state and local governments always seem to be hiring, and the thing about government jobs is that they tend to have pretty decent benefits. I'm at that age (close to your age) where I really consider health care costs and benefits packages. Sorry you are going through this now, and I don't wish that type of stress on anybody.

Fat E
Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:01 AM   #5
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Thank you to everyone who has responded. I appreciate the thoughts and advice. I am not surprised at the temporary turn the thread took. This is CP after all!

In answer to some of the questions:

1. The 401k is dead at this point. That resource has sadly been used up.

2. I have always thought I would work until I was 70 to maximize my Social Security benefits. I did give in to reality a couple days ago and applied. If nothing else, the benefit is weighted to the last 5 years of employment and it appears likely that I will be earning significantly less the next few years. So yes, I am legally retired I suppose.

3. Why Oregon and now? I have worked remote tech support for several years and if I were to get a similar position my location would not really matter. If I need to have an onsite job, I would prefer it to be in our dream location where we were planning to be anyway. We are both from here and this is a returning home finally. Yes, I jumped off a cliff and the fall has been scary. Now it looks like the ground is coming fast and it scares the piss out of me.

On a more positive note, it looks like I will have an interview at Fred Meyer (think regional Walmart) this afternoon. I will ensure there are no communication failures this time even if it means I have to go to the store every hour.
Praying for you and that the interview lands you a job..
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 12:26 PM   #6
The man you could post like.

If you've already applied for Social Security may not want to go too crazy on the hours so you don't offset.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 12:33 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch View Post
If you've already applied for Social Security may not want to go too crazy on the hours so you don't offset.
For every 2 dollars above your benefit amount, they will reduce the benefit by $1. So you are only getting .50 for those dollars. But when you reach full retirement age (67 for me), they will increase your benefit to some extent which offsets of those reduction going forward. Learning that did make the decision a little easier.
Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:35 PM   #8

Quote:
For every 2 dollars above your benefit amount, they will reduce the benefit by $1. So you are only getting .50 for those dollars. But when you reach full retirement age (67 for me), they will increase your benefit to some extent which offsets of those reduction going forward. Learning that did make the decision a little easier.
Yep.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 12:44 PM   #9
New and Improved

Quote:
Pretty sure that's only on money you earn above $22,320.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:37 PM   #10
Veteran

Quote:
Also remember that if you get this job and lets say get promoted pretty fast you have 12 months to change your mind on starting SS. You will have to pay back what they have paid out BUT its like it never happened and you can wait till 70 if you want.
Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.
Thumbs Up 6 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:50 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balto View Post
Also remember that if you get this job and lets say get promoted pretty fast you have 12 months to change your mind on starting SS. You will have to pay back what they have paid out BUT its like it never happened and you can wait till 70 if you want.
Wow, I did not know I could back it out. That is good information, thanks!
Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:54 PM   #12
The Guy With The Goats

Quote:
Wow, I did not know I could back it out. That is good information, thanks!
Dunno how much you enjoy driving but most school bus barns across the US are hiring. It requires a class B license which... most school bus barns will help you get for free instead of having to pay for schooling.

From there, again... if you enjoy driving, you can pivot to driving things like cement trucks or chartered busses. I know, for a fact, that charter bus drivers can make ridiculous amounts of money.

/thinking out loud in case Fred Meyers doesn't pan out or you hate it...
Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old Yesterday, 12:28 PM   #13

For 2024 you should be good. $22,320 and up is where you start offsetting your Social Security benefits.
Old Yesterday, 12:45 PM   #14

Correct. For every $2 you earn above that 22,320 line, your benefit is offset by $1.
Old Yesterday, 12:48 PM   #15
Veteran

Don't do meth, kids.
ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Thumbs Up 6 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote