Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-20-2023, 11:49 PM   #7471
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
No need to trade up that high. If we had just moved up for Flowers or Addison this year we would be golden. This next draft is supposed to be deep at WR.
To be fair, Veach said he tried but no one would trade with him. Now if you want to bring up 2022 with Pickens and Skyy Moore, you have an excellent case.
TEX has disabled reputation
Old 11-20-2023, 11:49 PM   #7472
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
I was wrong about this group of WR.

Watson, Moore, MVS, Hardman, and Toney all have NFL ability in terms of their packages of speed, agility, and size. We’ve seen rare, isolated and sometimes unexpected moments of brilliance from all of them.

Collectively, their hands are well below NFL standards. And worst of all, the drops come in bunches.

But worst of all, they are football dumb. I’ve seen so many bad routes, miscommunications with Mahomes, not being able to track the ball, stopping their routes when they have beat their opponent, and losing concentration at critical moments. It just makes you shake your head. All of these contribute to the drops. But in many cases they just lack fundamental understanding about how to find open spaces, how to leverage physical talent to gain advantages over your opponent, how to help the QB, and where the ball is going to go. Football smarts and concentration to make catches are all learnable skills. They were all young enough to develop or had enough NFL success to expect more. But collectively they are colossally failing and not improving. WR by committee can work, but no one in this group seems to want to step up.

I hold hope for Rice, but he isn’t ready to take over games.
The Chiefs went into this season with a WR position 100% full of question marks.

That isn’t comparable to last year’s secondary where they at least had Sneed and Reid as established veterans… not to mention using a first round pick on McDuffie with a high ceiling.

A total epic fail by Veach/Andy with the WR position.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 11:50 PM   #7473
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
I don't think so. Kelce looks old this year, MVS sucks, Watson is incredibly inconsistent, Skyy Moore should be cut yesterday, Rice is good but not up-to-date on the offense and Toney and Hardman are the same guy: gadget players who arent true WR's.

This is a collective problem that isn't getting fixed this season. We need 2 new WR's at minimum next Spring
Yep. The wide receivers we have are role players. They should not all be on the same team together and expected to be core players.
TEX has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 11:50 PM   #7474
www.nfl-forecast.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
Reek doesn’t close his eyes, look away from the ball, and hope for the best. That’s what MVS did.
cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-20-2023, 11:50 PM   #7475
Veteran

I think there's some truth to the argument the system, for all its brilliance, asks too much of guys like this. They're not good enough to be "do it all" WRs. But honestly they just look bad now at everything.

The most damning thing for me is that MVS, Toney and Hardman all HAVE been better players than they're showing right now. Players are playing worse than their average, why?
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 11-20-2023, 11:51 PM   #7476
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
I don't think so. Kelce looks old this year, MVS sucks, Watson is incredibly inconsistent, Skyy Moore should be cut yesterday, Rice is good but not up-to-date on the offense and Toney and Hardman are the same guy: gadget players who arent true WR's.

This is a collective problem that isn't getting fixed this season. We need 2 new WR's at minimum next Spring
I've said that we need to add multiple WR's.

Sign a FA and draft a star player.

Next year has to be about giving Mahomes weapons again.

Defense can go cheap again as we spent so many draft picks there.
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-20-2023, 11:51 PM   #7477
Back-to-Back-to-Back.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH83 View Post
I think there's some truth to the argument the system, for all its brilliance, asks too much of guys like this. They're not good enough to be "do it all" WRs. But honestly they just look bad now at everything.

The most damning thing for me is that MVS, Toney and Hardman all HAVE been better players than they're showing right now. Players are playing worse than their average, why?
I agree with Hardman and MVS. But Toney has literally sucked his entire NFL life. With that said he at least has the athleticism and skills to possibly be better than far below avg someday.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-20-2023, 11:52 PM   #7478
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
I literally don’t care. Trade up for a top receiver in the draft. Whichever they like best, even if it’s Harrison. I’ll gladly lose a first and second, two firsts, whatever, for a life changing receiver.
It will have to be for a player and draft picks. Our first round pick every year is basically a 2nd round Bears pick. I'd rather just get a proven WR and pay the price.
Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.
Old 11-20-2023, 11:53 PM   #7479
Starter

So here we are.. I’m not going to rehash the obvious. The Chiefs receivers are the worst in the Mahomes era. I do have a question is there another NFL team that has worse WRs than the chiefs? I think there are serious contenders for the title.

Contenders:

Falcons and Giants..
M0j0 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 11-20-2023, 11:53 PM   #7480
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEX View Post
To be fair, Veach said he tried but no one would trade with him. Now if you want to bring up 2022 with Pickens and Skyy Moore, you have an excellent case.
They also don't draft guys later.

Lots of guys have gone later that are better than what we have.

Shakir for Buffalo would be the next guy after Rice in most fans minds if he was here.

We didn't draft Tyler Scott who can run as fast as MVS PLUS track the ball. And 10 million cheaper.

Sign Mooney in FA and draft another guy high.
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 11:54 PM   #7481
Everybody Lies.

It's just pretty depressing that we're wasting a season of having a top 5 defensive unit and one of the best QBs ever because we have a bunch of bumbling ****ing reeruns everywhere else on offense.
lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-20-2023, 11:55 PM   #7482
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0j0 View Post
So here we are.. I’m not going to rehash the obvious. The Chiefs receivers are the worst in the Mahomes era. I do have a question is there another NFL team that has worse WRs than the chiefs? I think there are serious contenders for the title.

Contenders:

Falcons and Giants..
The Falcons are way better at WR than us.

If Mahomes had Drake London and Kelce we would not have lost a game this year.
Old 11-20-2023, 11:56 PM   #7483
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
They also don't draft guys later.

Lots of guys have gone later that are better than what we have.

Shakir for Buffalo would be the next guy after Rice in most fans minds if he was here.

We didn't draft Tyler Scott who can run as fast as MVS PLUS track the ball. And 10 million cheaper.

Sign Mooney in FA and draft another guy high.
Tyler Scott has 10 catches for 81 yards.

We could REALLY use that right now!
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-20-2023, 11:56 PM   #7484
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
What I would have done is pay Smith AND Wylie and not pay Juwaan Taylor so much..which would mean just not signing him. I did like the idea of Taylor but absolutely not at the price tag we got him for when you can pay waaaaaay less for not much worse production and then spend elsewhere on a much needed skill position.

By the way...

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/andrew-wylie/12333

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/donovan-smith/9467

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/jawaan-taylor/41665
Taylor has been a gross overpay. I'm not sure the options were great, but his run blocking is horrible and his pass pro less than advertised.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 11-20-2023, 11:56 PM   #7485
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0j0 View Post

Contenders:

Falcons and Giants..
Falcons have Drake London.

Only the Giants are worse.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.