Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2023, 04:20 PM   #721
The man you could post like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar View Post
Why does Rice have a low ceiling?
He doesn't. But it's not bona fide #1. If he grows into a JJSS role where he can get close to 1k a year and be a reliable chain mover, which is where a lot of folks think he'll eventually end up, that's great, but that's more a good complementary #2 than a true #1 that can take over a game.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 04:22 PM   #722
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
It's kind of crazy.

I guess it's just that we haven't lost the first game since Mahomes, so everyone has lost all perspective.
Oh yeah there are definite perspective issues right now

Even elite teams shit the bed once in a while, those Jordan Bulls teams lost plenty of games... it happens
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 04:26 PM   #723
Andy Reid Supporter

One thing I noticed is that MVS was useless bc they kept 2 safeties deep to cut off the deep pass, particularly in the 2nd half.

That's fine. Patrick doesn't need a bonfire star receiver if he has a group that collectively isn't shit. The OL is good enough to afford that.

Toney was open several times bc Andy exploited zone coverage with his play calls. Hell he was wide ****ing open at the end when Andy called a beautiful play. Just catch the ball man and we win. ****
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2023, 04:33 PM   #724
Banned

Quote:
the OT's held up better than Mahomes appeared to expectl
Helps that one of them was false starting the entire game and lining up like a slot receiver.

Honestly, the Bills tackles should try that. Our RT sucks ass and could use any advantage he could get.
JustDíqLix < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.JustDíqLix < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.JustDíqLix < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.JustDíqLix < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.JustDíqLix < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.JustDíqLix < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.JustDíqLix < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.JustDíqLix < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.JustDíqLix < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.JustDíqLix < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.JustDíqLix < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 09-09-2023, 04:38 PM   #725
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Snatch View Post
He doesn't. But it's not bona fide #1. If he grows into a JJSS role where he can get close to 1k a year and be a reliable chain mover, which is where a lot of folks think he'll eventually end up, that's great, but that's more a good complementary #2 than a true #1 that can take over a game.
A bunch of hooey.

There's no such position as WR#1', it's fantasy football bullshit.

And this mythical beast capable of just dominating a game consistently is also a farce. There are maybe a handful of truly dominant receivers in football, and guess what? None are winning Super Bowls.

I think it's highly unlikely Veach strikes out on three swings and a lottery ticket. At least one of the guys is going to be really good.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2023, 04:40 PM   #726
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDiqLix View Post
Helps that one of them was false starting the entire game and lining up like a slot receiver.

Honestly, the Bills tackles should try that. Our RT sucks ass and could use any advantage he could get.
He's always done that. We bitched about it in the playoffs when he was with Jacksonville. Whatever. If they don't call it, they don't call it
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2023, 04:42 PM   #727
pie is never free

Quote:

Rodgers bout to make YOU guys look like the ones tripping acid
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2023, 04:46 PM   #728
MVP

Quote:
He's always done that. We bitched about it in the playoffs when he was with Jacksonville. Whatever. If they don't call it, they don't call it
I don’t remember NBC complaining about it during Jacksonville playoff game last season, but they were making a big deal about it on Thursday. It goes without saying that he now has a target on his back moving forward.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 09-09-2023, 05:01 PM   #729
In Search of a Life

Quote:
So...you feel like we should keep drafting guys like Rice? I agree.
Yes. Because worst best case you end up with two legit WR1s and one can be a WR2 or trade bait. I want our best assets to stockpile the top of our wr depth chart and value picks to line the bottom. Guys like Ritchie and Watson and Mvs are fine as value depth guys. I don’t care if we miss on big swings. But I don’t want our best assets used on low ceiling role players. If that’s the alternative to spending big bucks im fine with that. But you gotta hit on those picks.

That to me is a shift in mentality that I hope has started this season. And it’s one we will need more of as we reduce our reliance on kelce. And it’s probably one where, even if we need to give skyy time to grew, in hindsight we’d do that one a little differently. Soapbox, but I would’ve done this several years sooner too. Hell I would’ve taken a TE1 in this draft knowing that they can grow into the role as a valuable 12-13 personnel option.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2023, 05:05 PM   #730
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Yep. You do. You made it over 48 hours, even. LOL

All-22 is actually pretty encouraging, and I feel better knowing that my personal favorite Ross was getting loose. Rice shows promise. Toney's either going to implode right now and flame out, or we'll never see a game like that again.

I'm not sold on Ross. Denzel Ward shut him down completely a few weeks ago.

I know Ross won't face Denzel Ward every week, but it wasn't encouraging. We'll see how he does over the season.

Rice I think will work out. Maybe he won't be a superstar, but I think he'll be okay.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2023, 05:08 PM   #731
In Search of a Life

Quote:
A bunch of hooey.

There's no such position as WR#1', it's fantasy football bullshit.

And this mythical beast capable of just dominating a game consistently is also a farce. There are maybe a handful of truly dominant receivers in football, and guess what? None are winning Super Bowls.

I think it's highly unlikely Veach strikes out on three swings and a lottery ticket. At least one of the guys is going to be really good.
It’s not a myth. And I think it took one game for rashee, who isn’t even close to there yet, to prove the kind of primary option WR play we’ve been looking for. Not a scheme guy or a guy who plays off of kelce. Not a role player who either has size or speed, but not both. A legit reliable every down option who can deliver with reasonable consistency.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2023, 05:09 PM   #732
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post

I'm not sold on Ross. Denzel Ward shut him down completely a few weeks ago.

I know Ross won't face Denzel Ward every week, but it wasn't encouraging. We'll see how he does over the season.

Rice I think will work out. Maybe he won't be a superstar, but I think he'll be okay.
I got high hopes for Rice. I think he’ll be a solid contributor for years to come. Ross May end up being a role player, but teams need those too. I also think Toney bounces back — he catches any one of those passes and we likely win the game.

Moore I have no hopes for — he’s shown very little return over 21 games except a nice game against the chargers, one good punt return against Cincy, and catching a wide open TD in the Super Bowl. He just doesn’t look like much of an option but hope he proves me wrong.
RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 05:13 PM   #733
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Quote:

Your team quit a game to avoid playing in Cincy in the playoffs… don’t talk about cheating.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2023, 05:17 PM   #734
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM08 View Post
I don’t remember NBC complaining about it during Jacksonville playoff game last season, but they were making a big deal about it on Thursday. It goes without saying that he now has a target on his back moving forward.
Or moving backwards, you might say
Old 09-09-2023, 05:18 PM   #735
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
It’s not a myth. And I think it took one game for rashee, who isn’t even close to there yet, to prove the kind of primary option WR play we’ve been looking for. Not a scheme guy or a guy who plays off of kelce. Not a role player who either has size or speed, but not both. A legit reliable every down option who can deliver with reasonable consistency.
Dude, nobody is saying we should get a bunch of jags. Just stop.