Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2023, 06:10 PM   #6766
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramerica View Post
Ridley cost two picks and was traded for in Nov. 2022. I thought we were talking about the deadline this year. What was the asking price for Theilen? He just signed for 3 years/25 million in March. Not really something I'd expect from Veach for a 30 year old WR. Jarvis Landry is old, washed, and injured. I don't think any of those options, aside from maybe rolling the dice on Ridley a year ago, make any sense at all. I'm not saying the WR room is great but there weren't a lot of options that weren't old or overpriced out there.

I was thinking just any time before the deadline. My bad.

Thielen went for basically what NE gave JJSS, and Thielen is a far better WR than JJSS ever was.

Jarvis is another dependable possession WR. 4-time All-Pro and all that. Again, we didn't need excessive speed/quickness for the role, just a chain-mover that can get open quickly vs. either zone or man and reliably catches the damned ball. Jarvis may not have great speed, but he could do anything JJSS did last season for us at the same short- to intermediate-level, physically and mentally.

And what was the trade for Ridley? Something like a 4th and a 6th rounder? Maybe it was a 5th, i don't remember. I mean, really? Ridley is a legit WR, runs routes at a high level, some say he's one of the best route-runners out there, good hands, what's not to like? oh right, he doesn't run a 4.2sec.

And who cares if they're 30? We're talking about a year or two rental on a possession receiver, not a burner. No one was talking about giving Thielen/Jarvis a 3+ year deal back during the offseason.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2023, 06:13 PM   #6767
Veteran

did ya hear Reid's zommie today? He brought up KTs leg injury...I dont think he is right yet
poolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipoolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipoolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipoolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipoolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipoolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipoolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipoolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipoolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipoolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipoolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 11-13-2023, 06:15 PM   #6768
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
hopefully someone else with more info will chime in.

Adam Thielen wasn't very expensive, iirc.

Jarvis Landry is still out there waiting for someone to call.

Ridley went for a ham sandwich, i think.

those are the ones I know about, that would've definitely been able to succeed JJSS, and be more productive.
There is no one here who would’ve paid what Thielen is getting. Everyone thought he was washed and not worth what he got from them. You would’ve done 2yrs/18mm at the time?

Ridley was traded at the deadline last year. So we should’ve given up a 3rd for Toney and then another 3rd and 5th for Ridley at that point? Given clear character issues the guy had and the fact that we just acquired another WR? How are you even throwing him into this equation?

Landry is out there because Landry is Landry. So you think he has value but no team in the NFL has signed him and the Chiefs are the ones most offbase?
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2023, 06:16 PM   #6769
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
I remember specifically bringing up Thielen and being laughed out of the room. Everyone wanted to throw a bag of money at Hopkins or OBJ. I had no issue at all with a cheap vet. BEFORE THE SEASON. I fail to see how anyone is going to walk into an offense known for being difficult mid-season and be much help unless they come from the same system. Like a Hardman.

It appears that at the time, they thought James was perhaps an undervalued asset. Doesn't seem to have turned out that way.

Moore seems a lost cause. Who knows what the hell they're doing with Toney. Rice looks good. MOAR RICE.

It's weird, and I can't pretend to understand it. The usage, the snap counts, all of it. I know Andy knows what he's doing, but I'm pretty damned confused.

Yeah, I remember. I also thought Thielen was a decent band-aid option. Got the same response, iirc. Still getting it, despite the fact that he's having a career year in a shit offense with a shit QB. On pace for 140 rec/1300 yards/80 1st downs//8+ TDs. In CAR.

You and me both on that last line, bud. It's an absolute mystery. I always have faith in Andy, but unless these kids blossom into actual WRs over the next 5-7 weeks, I'm not impressed with how they decided to construct this room.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2023, 06:22 PM   #6770
MVP

Quote:
Yeah, I remember. I also thought Thielen was a decent band-aid option. Got the same response, iirc. Still getting it, despite the fact that he's having a career year in a shit offense with a shit QB. On pace for 140 rec/1300 yards/80 1st downs//8+ TDs. In CAR.

You and me both on that last line, bud. It's an absolute mystery. I always have faith in Andy, but unless these kids blossom into actual WRs over the next 5-7 weeks, I'm not impressed with how they decided to construct this room.
I haven't given up yet, and here's why-

Because a lot of it doesn't make sense. If they just sucked balls, that would be one thing.

Moore, okay, so far, looks like he sucks balls. Strike one.

But what the **** is with Toney? He sure looks like Toney to me, when they actually play him as, you know, a WR. Which is almost never. Grade: incomplete? What the ****?

Rice is looking good.

Watson is good for a big play here and there, but what the hell happened to MVS?

we're literally down one legged Juju from the group that won the SB.

This doesn't make sense.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2023, 06:29 PM   #6771
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
There is no one here who would’ve paid what Thielen is getting. Everyone thought he was washed and not worth what he got from them. You would’ve done 2yrs/18mm at the time?

Ridley was traded at the deadline last year. So we should’ve given up a 3rd for Toney and then another 3rd and 5th for Ridley at that point? Given clear character issues the guy had and the fact that we just acquired another WR? How are you even throwing him into this equation?

Landry is out there because Landry is Landry. So you think he has value but no team in the NFL has signed him and the Chiefs are the ones most offbase?

Ridley went for a 4th and a 6th I thought.

Maybe others thought a WR corps with MVS, Skyy, JW and Toney was the cat's ass, but I sure as hell didn't. And anyone that checked the metrics and the tape knew that as well.

Our WRs plateaued about Week 12 last season, and at best they were functional. They barely eked out 81 yards in the SB and a handful of 1st downs, fcs.

With a vet possession WR as the foundation. Without that guy, it's a pile of "what do we have here?"

So yeah, I'd have taken a real hard long look at Ridley, especially if the asking price was just a 4th and a 6th. Or a 4th and 5th. He'd basically be a perfect long-term fit in the role of possession WR that could take some of the load when Travis was being triple-teamed or not having his best game, or whatever.

And yeah, I would've given Thielen $8-$9 million/yr, because he's that good, and we had a real need. Excuse me, have a real need.

And wouldn't it be nice to have a guy that you could rely on to get open no matter the coverage on short-to-intermediate routes, excuse me, a WR that was as good at that as any in the league, with a nose for getting into the EZ, with reliable hands, as well as one of the most intelligent football players in the league? That's not worth $9mill? Yes? No? Maybe?
Old 11-13-2023, 06:31 PM   #6772
Generational Player

Rice got the most snaps last week but the offense only managed one more TD drive after the initial script of plays was dialed up.

So he got the spotlight and the offense managed another 2nd half goose egg.
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2023, 06:35 PM   #6773
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
I haven't given up yet, and here's why-

Because a lot of it doesn't make sense. If they just sucked balls, that would be one thing.

Moore, okay, so far, looks like he sucks balls. Strike one.

But what the **** is with Toney? He sure looks like Toney to me, when they actually play him as, you know, a WR. Which is almost never. Grade: incomplete? What the ****?

Rice is looking good.

Watson is good for a big play here and there, but what the hell happened to MVS?

we're literally down one legged Juju from the group that won the SB.

This doesn't make sense.

We should've ditched MVS and kept Justin. Look at their numbers. They're literally the same mfer, down to the number of catches, the routes they run and how often they're targeted. We're flushing $10 mill down the toilet this season for half the production.

Toney. I just don't have a freaking clue. I like him a lot, obviously. But it's not just me; all the analysts like him, and all are just as confused as we are about his usage. Maybe he really is dinged up, idk. If he isn't, the only thing left is he's only capable of running routes within 5 yards of the LoS. half of which have been behind the LoS. Okay, 'half' is probably hyperbole, but I know you get it.

But if that's all Toney is capable of, the Chiefs WR corps has a seriously big hole in it. That they chose not to fix prior to the deadline. That I don't understand.
Old 11-13-2023, 06:39 PM   #6774
Why so serious?

Quote:
Ridley went for a 4th and a 6th I thought.

So yeah, I'd have taken a real hard long look at Ridley, especially if the asking price was just a 4th and a 6th.

And yeah, I would've given Thielen $8-$9 million/yr, because he's that good, and we had a real need. Excuse me, have a real need.
Again, Ridley went for a 3 and a 5. Stop talking about anything else. That’s what the Panthers gave up. And to get him, we would’ve had to give up MORE than that because our picks are obviously well behind the Panthers.

As for Thielen, keep up with your revisionist history. Being open to kicking the tires on a 33yr old Thielen isn’t the same as giving the guy 2/18mm. The Panthers at the time obviously had to overpay to get him given that they were desperate to surround whoever was gonna be their QB pick with weapons after trading away DJ Moore.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2023, 06:45 PM   #6775
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
Rice got the most snaps last week but the offense only managed one more TD drive after the initial script of plays was dialed up.

So he got the spotlight and the offense managed another 2nd half goose egg.
They didn't target him one time in the 2nd half. That's the problem. They need to feed him the ball instead of throwing it to everyone else to "get them involved".
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2023, 06:59 PM   #6776
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
Again, Ridley went for a 3 and a 5. Stop talking about anything else. That’s what the Panthers gave up. And to get him, we would’ve had to give up MORE than that because our picks are obviously well behind the Panthers.

As for Thielen, keep up with your revisionist history. Being open to kicking the tires on a 33yr old Thielen isn’t the same as giving the guy 2/18mm. The Panthers at the time obviously had to overpay to get him given that they were desperate to surround whoever was gonna be their QB pick with weapons after trading away DJ Moore.

Fine, Ridley went for a 3rd and a 5th. Thx for clearing that up. Before you ask, yes, I would've made that trade.

What revisionist history? Thielen has always been good. Better than JuJu certainly. He owns a Passer Rating average of over 113.8 for every single season except one (91.5), and a success rate of over 56%. With a catch rate of over 69% for his career, with 4 seasons over 70%, including this one.

You really saying two years of that type of reliability and production wasn't ever worth $9 million/yr for a couple years?

And he's got 68 grabs right now, when every DC they play KNOWS he's getting the ball 7+ times a game, and they still can't stop him. He's literally one of the most reliable pass-catchers in the league since 2016.

Last edited by Megatron96; 11-13-2023 at 07:08 PM..
Old 11-13-2023, 07:06 PM   #6777
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
They didn't target him one time in the 2nd half. That's the problem. They need to feed him the ball instead of throwing it to everyone else to "get them involved".

Well, before it was snaps. Now that he has snaps he needs targets.

Honestly, I am tiring of the excuses game after game.
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2023, 07:08 PM   #6778
Generational Player

Quote:
What revisionist history? Thielen has always been good. Better than JuJu certainly. He owns a Passer Rating average of over 113.8 for every single season except one (91.5), and a success rate of over 56%. With a catch rate of over 69% for his career, with 4 seasons over 70%, including this one.

You really saying two years of that type of reliability and production wasn't ever worth $9 million/yr for a couple years?

And he's got 68 grabs right now, when every DC they play KNOWS he's getting the ball 7+ times a game, and they still can't stop him. He's literally one of the most reliable pass-catchers in the league since 2016.
Everyone that is not a Chief is washed, old, and sucks.

During Sunday even after OBJ caught the ball and accelerated by everyone on Cleveland's defense someone still insisted he was "washed".

Can we get some of our young guys to do that shit? Because washed seems pretty good these days.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2023, 07:10 PM   #6779
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post

The question that needs to be answered is "why didn't Rice get a target in the 2nd half?" What are the actual reasons? Did MIA change the coverage over him and cancel him out? It's not "Pat forgot about him," or "Pat doesn't trust him," right? Pat trusts Rice more than any other WR as far as i can tell. So what are the real reasons he wasn't targeted in the 2nd half?
Old 11-13-2023, 07:12 PM   #6780
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
Everyone that is not a Chief is washed, old, and sucks.

During Sunday even after OBJ caught the ball and accelerated by everyone on Cleveland's defense someone still insisted he was "washed".

Can we get some of our young guys to do that shit? Because washed seems pretty good these days.

Now that's funny. Going to borrow that one, if you don't mind.

Oh, and rep inbound.