Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2023, 02:14 PM   #6736
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
If they didn't make a move, it's for a reason. So they seem to think that's a good enough group.

Great. What’s the reason or reasons to think they’re good enough? I’m obviously not smart enough to figure that out myself, so please enlighten me.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2023, 02:18 PM   #6737
Please squeeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 View Post
Has he even been listed on weekly injury reports? I haven't paid close attention.
Yes he has been on the injury report every week with either Knee, Toe and ankle. Mostly Toe.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2023, 02:18 PM   #6738
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Great. What’s the reason or reasons to think they’re good enough? I’m obviously not smart enough to figure that out myself, so please enlighten me.
Andy and Veach seem to think they're good enough or the cost to acquire more wasn't worth the squeeze.

I dunno.

If it doesn't work out and they don't win a SB, I say we get them on the hot seat.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2023, 02:20 PM   #6739
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
1. Same guys but 1 (Juju) we're enough last year
2. Rice is a better version of Juju and I think that will show even more in the 2nd half of the year
3. Kelce, Rice and Pacheco are a great trio that can help Mahomes. Rest are good complimentary

And finally...feed the ****ing ball to Rashee Rice. The guy didn't get a target the entire 2nd half and it showed. He's WR1 and they need to start treating him like it.

Even Mahomes said in the post game Q&A that now Rice needs to get the ball deep. Stop spreading the ball to everybody and focus on your talent.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2023, 02:21 PM   #6740
Generational Player

If Mahomes had one vet WR that could get open and catch the ball he would already be on his way to his 3rd MVP.
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2023, 02:23 PM   #6741
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
His snaps have dropped significantly. When did he stub his toe?
He hasn't been on the injury report the last 2 weeks.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 11-13-2023, 02:25 PM   #6742
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
19 snaps total.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2023, 02:27 PM   #6743
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
2. Rice is a better version of Juju and I think that will show even more in the 2nd half of the year
3. Kelce, Rice and Pacheco are a great trio that can help Mahomes. Rest are good complimentary

And finally...feed the ****ing ball to Rashee Rice. The guy didn't get a target the entire 2nd half and it showed. He's WR1 and they need to start treating him like it.

Even Mahomes said in the post game Q&A that now Rice needs to get the ball deep. Stop spreading the ball to everybody and focus on your talent.
I think point 2 will happen but Rice is not a better WR than Juju was yet. Could it happen by the playoffs? Possibly.

It is also possible it won't be till next year.
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2023, 02:33 PM   #6744
Please squeeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
Against the Dolphins he had an ankle listed. Though he FP all week. Wasn't on the week before though. So I was wrong that he was on the report every week I guess I missed that one.

https://www.chiefs.com/team/injury-report/week/REG-9

Last edited by dirk digler; 11-13-2023 at 03:08 PM..
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2023, 02:53 PM   #6745
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:

1. The same WrR's have not stepped up in the absence of JuJu, and have regressed
2. JuJu was better. Rice can eventually be better than JuJu but he isn't right now.
3. Yes to all of #3. But when Kelce is removed from the offense, the offense stalls big time.

Yes, Rice needs to get the ball more.
TEX has disabled reputation
Old 11-13-2023, 02:58 PM   #6746
Veteran

It seems that every game has at least one or two plays where a WR makes an insane catch. i was just thinking about the last time a Chiefs WR made an insane catch. Other than Kelce, I just don't recall many. Maybe it's because Patrick doesn't like to throw those 50-50 balls or he's putting the ball in a place where the receiver doesn't have to be a gymnast to make the catch.

Just catch the damn ball, dudes!
crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-13-2023, 04:26 PM   #6747
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Andy and Veach seem to think they're good enough or the cost to acquire more wasn't worth the squeeze.

I dunno.

If it doesn't work out and they don't win a SB, I say we get them on the hot seat.

Lol, not asking for anyone to be on the hot seat (other than whoever told Andy/Veach that Skyy was a legit WR2 prospect). Pretty sure Andy and Veach have earned that little leeway and more.

I would just really like to know what it is that Andy/Veach (CPers) see in this crew. Other than Toney, and now Rice, this was never a talented room. That's the bit that puzzles me more than anything. When your second-most productive WR is Justin Watson, perennial Special Teams player and occasional WR, you obviously, CLEARLY, have a dearth of talent in the room. No NFL WR room should have Justin Watson as their WR2/3. It's ridiculous.

And why I asked that question, because I really honestly don't know what they were thinking. So I really was hoping you had some insight.

Thx for the non-idiotic response though. Appreciate it.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2023, 04:37 PM   #6748
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Lol, not asking for anyone to be on the hot seat (other than whoever told Andy/Veach that Skyy was a legit WR2 prospect). Pretty sure Andy and Veach have earned that little leeway and more.

I would just really like to know what it is that Andy/Veach (CPers) see in this crew. Other than Toney, and now Rice, this was never a talented room. That's the bit that puzzles me more than anything. When your second-most productive WR is Justin Watson, perennial Special Teams player and occasional WR, you obviously, CLEARLY, have a dearth of talent in the room. No NFL WR room should have Justin Watson as their WR2/3. It's ridiculous.

And why I asked that question, because I really honestly don't know what they were thinking. So I really was hoping you had some insight.

Thx for the non-idiotic response though. Appreciate it.
Here's the thing man, you guys keep harping on the WR room talent. They clearly know it's not a top of the league room. They went young, inexperienced draft picks there and are trying to develop them.

They obviously don't "want" it to be that way. They chose to value other aspects to build. You value a "top 5 WR room". They traded Tyreek because apparently they don't see the value there or figure they have the resources to do that as well as the other things they wanted to do.

The defense needed to be rebuilt after it cratered, when they pretty much did what everyone wants them to do with the WR room. They went and spent and bought pieces that were expensive, it worked, then it cratered. I'd guess they don't wanna do that again as it tends to happen (look at Buffalo this year) and decided to build it the long way.

They missed on Moore. Shit happens, they're not gonna hit every draft pick. They'll keep investing there, hell maybe they'll sign a FA.

Honestly, I'm not even on the side of the way they went. I'd have went and got someone. But I'm guessing they know that too and probably tried. In the end, paying their QB and such what they do, yeah, it's a big ask but he's just gotta carry alot.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2023, 04:40 PM   #6749
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:

1: Advanced metrics tell us that the WRs last season were just barely adequate, and in fact the offense required extraordinary help from Pat playing at God mode level for most of the year, as well as McKinnon going way above and beyond average, and Travis having a career year. Maybe not quite as important, but Mecole was our leading WR in terms of RZ TDs, and the leading scoring WR (receiving/rushing) overall. That in itself should've been a small red flag.

2: Rice is not yet at the same level as JJSS was last season. He may be more physically capable, but he certainly doesn't have the same level of experience/football IQ to go with it, yet. We'll check back on that in about two years.

3: Travis/Pacheco are having slightly down years from last season, as well as MVS. Not having terrible years, but they aren't quite as productive as last season. Call it within predictable variance. Which is something someone should've been accounting for.

And yeah, I'd like to see more targets for Rice. Goes without saying, really. If he's going to be our top WR, he should be getting more than 5-6 targets a game.

However, I'd also like to know if coverage explains any of why Rice only saw two targets in the last game. A few weeks ago, JT noted that Rice only beat man/press man twice all season before the game he analyzed. That was around Week 4 or 5, iirc. Rice beat man/press twice in that game JT analyzed, ftr. I would like to know if Rice is improving in that area of his game, and I would like to know if MIA put someone on him in the 2nd half. And how that worked out for Rice.
Old 11-13-2023, 04:46 PM   #6750
In Search of a Life

The NFL is all about value. I have to get the value of the amount I'm paying you, otherwise, I'm behind the 8 ball.

It's why draft picks are such valuable commodities, because of the cost/benefit situation.

Once you start paying big money for guys, the chances of them playing to that level are just not as high.

There's a reason the 2022 Chiefs were the first team to win a SB paying a QB 20% of the cap. It's really ****ing hard to do and we saw what it took him playing like for it to happen.

Is it unfair to ask the guy to be in "god mode" all the time for them to win? Sure. But that's what they're paying him for. When he doesn't do it, they just aren't gonna be at that level.