Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2023, 09:14 AM   #661
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Well, I mean the planning is already underway, they just had a bad game. Taylor is 25 and under a multi-year deal, and we went young at WR. I mean I don't really know what you're asking. The plan is to draft and develop the WR room. Seems pretty obvious.

If you want to second guess everything after one game that's your prerogative but it's not very smart.

Christian Watson looked awful early last season and then became a TD machine in Green Bay.

Other than the drops -and specifically the pick six gift, KC would have been good enough to beat a good opponent, with a lot of room to improve and you wouldn't be freaking out.
Wouldn't say it's second guessing, just curiosity as, with the best will in the world, you don't know any more than I do about their long-term planning on half of this. I'm not sure why a question is always treated like an accusation by some, or "freaking out".

I've no idea what their plans are at LT, TE or WR over the next few years. It'd be interesting to be a fly on the wall is all. Maybe it's trades, drafts, maybe it's developing guys in the building already that they rate.

Also it looks like I was wrong on Watson, we can add it to the list of WRs I've completely missed on predicting.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 09:17 AM   #662
SuperBowl or bust

With all that happened it’s quite remarkable we still only lost by 1 and should have won if it weren’t for multiple flukes.
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 09:18 AM   #663
Set it & forget it

redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.redfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2023, 09:23 AM   #664
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH83 View Post
Wouldn't say it's second guessing, just curiosity as, with the best will in the world, you don't know any more than I do about their long-term planning on half of this. I'm not sure why a question is always treated like an accusation by some, or "freaking out".

I've no idea what their plans are at LT, TE or WR over the next few years. It'd be interesting to be a fly on the wall is all. Maybe it's trades, drafts, maybe it's developing guys in the building already that they rate.

Also it looks like I was wrong on Watson, we can add it to the list of WRs I've completely missed on predicting.
Well, WR is a difficult position to project. Loads of first round guys flame out. Lots of top NFL WR's come from day two and three of the draft it's not always as simple as the fastest guy wins

It's clear that the team decided that now is the time to draft and develop WRs, while you still have Kelce being Kelce. The plan wasn't to start with no Kelce. Shit happens.

LT is a long term question. I'm sure there are contingency plans several rows deep, but you kinda have to wait and see who's available, who's affordable, and what the draft looks like in real time. Smith looked fine in week one. Mahomes kinda bailed early several times - I think he got used to shit OT play last year and his clock sped up.

But like I said, they're just out of synch. They'll be fine.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2023, 09:26 AM   #665
Space Cadet and Aczabel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Maybe we can coax Jerome Bettis out of retirement.
There you go
Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dave Lane is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2023, 09:30 AM   #666
Back-to-Back-to-Back.......

One thing I'm seeing when I'm watching more film on QB School is that the TE was pretty open. Not sure if Mahomes fully has the trust of the other TE's yet and went for the bigger play.

I think there are also some new concepts at least for the WRs and they just don't have the timing down yet.

In real time it felt like Smith played a fantastic game at tackle, and I believe he did in the first half but he whiffed on two big plays in the 2nd half.

Last edited by BWillie; 09-09-2023 at 09:36 AM..
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2023, 09:30 AM   #667
MVP

Thing is, Veach PLAYED wide receiver. I refuse to believe he just can't evaluate the position. He's taken three big swings and bought a lottery ticket. There's just no way he misses on all four.

Toney clearly wasn't ready to play. Moore, probably trying too hard, and Rice is a rookie but did some nice things in his package. I'm sure his package gets bigger each week.

And Ross caught his target and looked to have gotten open down field multiple times, so there's reason to be optimistic.

I think Pat had more time than he thought several times, and so we may see more down field stuff when he gets adjusted to the better OT play.

It'll be okay.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2023, 09:34 AM   #668
Going home eventually

I know this much. That shit game plan and wr play won't beat the Jags. They better do a shit ton better.
Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 09:36 AM   #669
Veteran

Quote:
Well, WR is a difficult position to project. Loads of first round guys flame out. Lots of top NFL WR's come from day two and three of the draft it's not always as simple as the fastest guy wins

It's clear that the team decided that now is the time to draft and develop WRs, while you still have Kelce being Kelce. The plan wasn't to start with no Kelce. Shit happens.

LT is a long term question. I'm sure there are contingency plans several rows deep, but you kinda have to wait and see who's available, who's affordable, and what the draft looks like in real time. Smith looked fine in week one. Mahomes kinda bailed early several times - I think he got used to shit OT play last year and his clock sped up.

But like I said, they're just out of synch. They'll be fine.
It'll be interesting to see how they're looking at the TE position over the next couple of drafts too and how it interacts with those WRs.

I think Mahomes is going to take time with both OTs. A lot of the time they're happy to be passive and kind of ride hits, wouldn't be surprised if that feels like a collapsing pocket to Mahomes when it's kind of not. OBJ was a good player, it's just when he lost it came fast and ugly. My issue was really just with expectations of dramatically better OT play this year. Yeah, Taylor is going to pass protect better than Wylie, but that's the upgrade. Run game and LT feels like a stretch on past performance.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 09-09-2023, 09:49 AM   #670
MVP

Quote:
Thing is, Veach PLAYED wide receiver. I refuse to believe he just can't evaluate the position. He's taken three big swings and bought a lottery ticket. There's just no way he misses on all four. .
Wait, only one out of four might hit now? I kept reading how with the infusion all the young talent this would be Pat's best group ever, so much so the roster wasn't big enough to retain all the talent. Take the league by storm. Man that preseason hype in here was...
jerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 09-09-2023, 09:54 AM   #671
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofa King View Post
They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
The all-22 doesn't lie.

MVS, Watson and Ross were open all game for deep routes. Many times they were downfield 20-30 yards and the defender was 5 yards behind and the gap was getting larger.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2023, 10:00 AM   #672
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH83 View Post
It'll be interesting to see how they're looking at the TE position over the next couple of drafts too and how it interacts with those WRs.
They need to get a year/date that Kelce sees himself playing too. But, he's the best ever so there is no replacing him.

Probably the best TE in a long time is coming out next year. But, he will probably go in the top ten. No way Veach spend that much to move up.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2023, 10:06 AM   #673
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryaldini View Post
Wait, only one out of four might hit now? I kept reading how with the infusion all the young talent this would be Pat's best group ever, so much so the roster wasn't big enough to retain all the talent. Take the league by storm. Man that preseason hype in here was...
Its one game for a bunch of young and/or new faces, there is still plenty of time for the hype to become reality
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 10:16 AM   #674
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
They’re the same WRs we had last year with the exception of losing JuJu and adding Rice, James, and Ross whom I’m sure you aren’t pointing fingers at.

Do you think the WRs from last year that you were okay with all just happened to regress?

And since you’re big on having a “veteran presence,” were you banging the table (and wrong) on that last season too?

Or is it more likely you’re just getting super reactionary based on a really bad week for that position group that can at least partially be forgiven by living in an ex-Kelce world?

Regress? I don't know. Only time will tell.

You keep going on about last year. I'm more concerned about this year.

You keep alluding to last season, and previously mentioned Juju. I'm taking it you are trying to make this a Juju vs. MVS thing with me.

But if you want to go there. Yes, Juju probably is the better vet presence in the locker room than MVS considering his past football history. The amount of roles and success he has had triumphs over anything MVS has accomplished individually. He is better suited to impose accountability than MVS.
Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 09-09-2023, 10:27 AM   #675
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryaldini View Post
That's not what I said, nor what I ever said.

I've said many times that if we hit one ONE, we're good. If we hit on two, we're in killer shape. If we hit on three, the rest of the NFL is ****ed.

Hell, I adopted Justyn Ross, nobody's more optimistic than me, but I think this front office, coaching staff, and Mahomes ought to give one reason to be very optimistic.

The Lions were a top 5 offense, and added Gibbs. Our defense, minus Jones and our big offseason acquisition Omenihu, held them to 14 points. There's a lot of reason to be optimistic.

The offense was just a little out of synch, we've seen it happen before, even with Tyreek. It's never a season long problem, they'll get it together.

Too many drops, but there were also guys open that Mahomes either didn't see or didn't think he had time enough to get to when he actually did. They'll get it ironed out.