Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-10-2023, 03:17 PM   #6646
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by wachashi View Post
'Unorthodox and ineffective'

Yeah - I'd say that about sums up how we've handled the WR corps this year.

Hopefully the bye will straighten some of that shit out. At some point we gotta pick our dance partners. This is untenable.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 03:18 PM   #6647
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
'Unorthodox and ineffective'

Yeah - I'd say that about sums up how we've handled the WR corps this year.

Hopefully the bye will straighten some of that shit out. At some point we gotta pick our dance partners. This is untenable.
Andy and/or Pat has to see this right?
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-10-2023, 03:27 PM   #6648
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Andy and/or Pat has to see this right?
I hate it, but leaning no.

Christ, we're 10 weeks in. It should have been noticed by now.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-10-2023, 03:31 PM   #6649
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 View Post
I hate it, but leaning no.

Christ, we're 10 weeks in. It should have been noticed by now.
I disagree.

They haven't done a 180, but Rice saw the most snaps out of the WRs the last 2 weeks, while Skyy saw a huge decrease last week.

To DJ's point, I think they've already shown signs that they're "picking their dance partners".
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-10-2023, 03:34 PM   #6650
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
I think skyy and mecole were drafted to play roles to play off other guys. Skyy was brought in to be a catch and run guy who could use his large hands to beat man coverage. It was a misread but that was the intent. I don't think even the biggest optimist saw him as a primary option.

I still see rashee as a change in mentality. Especially as we transition to a lesser Kelce we need more swiss army knives. It was mentioned before that Reid wants these WRs to play lots of roles but I think we're seeing these guys aren't adaptable enough to play outside their lane. For example, it's awesome to have mecole for specific type of plays where his burst and acceleration is unstoppable. But that has meant putting him in a lot of spots he wasn't built for. For today we can rely on Reid's wizardry and ask mahomes to shoulder a little more for a little bit longer. We will get it cleaned up. But next year I think we need to focus more on consistency.
I think Sky and Hardman were brought in to play the slot position. Hardeman in the panic on maybe losing Tyreke and Sky taking over for Hardeman who was on his way out.

I think they missed on Sky's athletic ability He just does not have an extra gear or quickness you need in the slot. Mecole does not have the ability to change speeds and get in and out of breaks or hands. He just has speed.

Rashee I think was drafted to play outside. He looks like he will be good but right now still struggling with getting separation vs. press man coverage. Which is our major problem on offense. We are good against zones and Patrick can break off a run every now and then vs man but overall no one is getting separation vs tight man coverage.
Shields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 11-10-2023, 03:35 PM   #6651
MVP

Quote:
I disagree.

They haven't done a 180, but Rice saw the most snaps out of the WRs the last 2 weeks, while Skyy saw a huge decrease last week.

To DJ's point, I think they've already shown signs that they're "picking their dance partners".
I guess until I see 2-3 guys getting 80-90% of the snaps and those guys only coming off the field for a breather, I'm gonna stick with them not noticing/caring.

They are still cycling in WAY too many guys, IMO.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-10-2023, 03:38 PM   #6652
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shields68 View Post
I think Sky and Hardman were brought in to play the slot position. Hardeman in the panic on maybe losing Tyreke and Sky taking over for Hardeman who was on his way out.

I think they missed on Sky's athletic ability He just does not have an extra gear or quickness you need in the slot. Mecole does not have the ability to change speeds and get in and out of breaks or hands. He just has speed.

Rashee I think was drafted to play outside. He looks like he will be good but right now still struggling with getting separation vs. press man coverage. Which is our major problem on offense. We are good against zones and Patrick can break off a run every now and then vs man but overall no one is getting separation vs tight man coverage.
Rashee has played mostly slot and Skyy has almost entirely played outside. Skyy needs more slot snaps, but the WR group is made up of a bunch of slots.
Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 11-10-2023, 03:39 PM   #6653
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpaint69 View Post
Rashee has played mostly slot and Skyy has almost entirely played outside. Skyy needs more slot snaps, but the WR group is made up of a bunch of slots.

Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 03:43 PM   #6654
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I guess until I see 2-3 guys getting 80-90% of the snaps and those guys only coming off the field for a breather, I'm gonna stick with them not noticing/caring.

They are still cycling in WAY too many guys, IMO.
I guess I just have more faith in Andy and Pat to see that something new and unprecedented could be big part of the problem when they've been self-scouting this week (and maybe even before).
Old 11-10-2023, 03:46 PM   #6655
MVP

Quote:
I guess I just have more faith in Andy and Pat to see that something new and unprecedented could be part of the problem when they've been self-scouting this week (and maybe even before).
It's not about faith. I guess I'm wondering why it would take 10 weeks to figure out?

The offense has been varying degrees of a mess all season, this isn't new.

Hell, some of *us* were mentioning the "rotation" early in the season.
Old 11-10-2023, 04:17 PM   #6656
Banned!

Quote:
Perhaps I'm reading that wrong, but if we had TWO receivers with that route participation we'd move from below average to above average? If that's the case, does it really matter that much?
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 04:25 PM   #6657
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
Perhaps I'm reading that wrong, but if we had TWO receivers with that route participation we'd move from below average to above average? If that's the case, does it really matter that much?
Guess it really depends on if the offense would improve by giving 1 or 2 guys pretty much all the snaps and then what 1 or 2 wr would be given the vast majority of the snaps and who sits the bench.

I mean most teams have a true 1 and some have a true 2 so it is easy to pencil them in for 80% of the snaps. At present seems like Rashee is the guy who everyone wants to go from 50% to 80%.
Shields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 11-10-2023, 04:26 PM   #6658
In Search of a Life

Quote:
It's not about faith. I guess I'm wondering why it would take 10 weeks to figure out?

The offense has been varying degrees of a mess all season, this isn't new.

Hell, some of *us* were mentioning the "rotation" early in the season.
I think it's more about them taking 10 weeks to find out who they want to bring to the dance more than anything.

I don't think it's a coincidence that they did this in a year where they threw numbers and young talent at the position.

I don't think it was ever a long term plan to keep doing it, but we shall see.
Old 11-10-2023, 04:26 PM   #6659
MVP

Quote:
I disagree.

They'll settle in after the bye. Reid likes to test some things during the regular season.
crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-10-2023, 04:32 PM   #6660
MVP

Quote:
Doesn't seem egregious. Only 45 means if we assume one per team there are several others in the same boat. Would be better to quote the max percentage. And without a number one again, not surprising.
jerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli