Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-10-2023, 01:09 PM   #6616
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
I'm sure you do, and I'm pretty sure MahomeMagic does too, I just know that dipshit King is 100% operating in hindsight.
I still think its funny that, despite not liking the pick - and being RIGHT about the reasons and who we should've taken - I'm still one of the few guys that's willing to defend that pick in hindsight.

Hardman kinda was who we thought he was.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-10-2023, 01:11 PM   #6617
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
You don't get to talk about who was a much better "prospect" when your entire opinion is based on everything you've seen after years in the pros.

This is very simple logic, but of course you don't get it.
Eh. If your big selling point is Mecoles speed, and Mclauren has essentially the same speed and offers a lot more you know...actual wide receiver skills, I don't think it's hindsight to say he's a better prospect.
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-10-2023, 01:12 PM   #6618
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I still think its funny that, despite not liking the pick - and being RIGHT about the reasons and who we should've taken - I'm still one of the few guys that's willing to defend that pick in hindsight.

Hardman kinda was who we thought he was.
And you at least can understand what their thought process was.

Then you have somebody like King who's like "but McLuarin is just SO much better and their 40 times are close, what could they have possibly been thinking?"
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-10-2023, 01:14 PM   #6619
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
Eh. If your big selling point is Mecoles speed, and Mclauren has essentially the same speed and offers a lot more you know...actual wide receiver skills, I don't think it's hindsight to say he's a better prospect.
Again, you are operating in hindsight, looking at measurables, when you have no clue how these guys were actually viewed coming out.

I will say it again, McLaurin was never seen as that type of deep threat. He looked much more like a 4.4 guy on tape. What McLaurin was was a more polished WR, with a higher floor.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-10-2023, 01:17 PM   #6620
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
You don't get to talk about who was a much better "prospect" when your entire opinion is based on everything you've seen after years in the pros.

This is very simple logic, but of course you don't get it.
I didn't say of course Mclauren would be better. I said he was a better prospect. Being a better prospect doesn't automatically mean you're going to be better in the league. Mecole could have ended up better and the prospect part still remains.

That's why it's weird how if the big reason to replace Tyreek with Mecole was the speed, and Mclauren has the same speed, why wouldn't the player who does more outside of that be the better prospect?
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-10-2023, 01:20 PM   #6621
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Again, you are operating in hindsight, looking at measurables, when you have no clue how these guys were actually viewed coming out.

I will say it again, McLaurin was never seen as that type of deep threat. He looked much more like a 4.4 guy on tape. What McLaurin was was a more polished WR, with a higher floor.
*Does quick Google search*

*Sees people describing Terry as a deep threat coming out of college*

*Chuckles*
Old 11-10-2023, 01:22 PM   #6622
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I didn't say of course Mclauren would be better. I said he was a better prospect. Being a better prospect doesn't automatically mean you're going to be better in the league. Mecole could have ended up better and the prospect part still remains.

That's why it's weird how if the big reason to replace Tyreek with Mecole was the speed, and Mclauren has the same speed, why wouldn't the player who does more outside of that be the better prospect?
That's exactly what I said you said, dipshit.

Again, you are saying this in hindsight. You don't get to operate solely in hindsight and talk about them as a "prospect". It doesn't work like that.

And I explained the difference between the 2 in the post above yours. McLaurin was not viewed as a guy who played like a. 4.35 guy. He still isn't. He plays like a 4.4 guy.

What he is/was is a more polished WR that had a higher floor coming out.

That still doesn't mean that he fits what the Chiefs specfically were looking for in terms of a deep threat. You'd know that if you knew anything about the "prospects".
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 01:26 PM   #6623
In Search of a Life

Quote:
*Does quick Google search*

*Sees people describing Terry as a deep threat coming out of college*

*Chuckles*
This is the problem with arguing with a ****ing moron that doesn't pay attention to the draft and then wants to talk about the draft and what we "should've" done in hindsight.

You aren't listening to a thing I'm saying. I said he played like a 4.4 guy. You can be a 4.4 guy and still win vertically on occasion.

But anybody telling you that he played like a 4.35 guy is full of ****ing shit. He still doesn't play like a guy that fast.

The 40 times are a lot closer than the tape. That's all I've been trying to explain to you.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 01:29 PM   #6624
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
You can't just compare one players strengths to another players weaknesses. Terry was only SLIGHTLY slower than Mecole on speed drills and better at everything else.

Other than the fact they're both fast, I don't know how Mecole was compared to Tyreek. Their change of direction, route running, IQ and overall feel for the game are vastly different.
He wasn't an immediate burst guy. He's also a long strider. Remember the Chiefs had the Tyreek tape unfold the night the draft started so they thought in real that Tyreek was done like the rest of the world.

Mecole was the closest thing to Tyreek. The straight line speed, the lateral ability, the quickness, the return abilities.

I hated that he didn't run routes well bc we saw that from another Bulldog WR in Chris Conley.

This isn't really that hard to explain
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-10-2023, 01:31 PM   #6625
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
This is the problem with arguing with a ****ing moron that doesn't pay attention to the draft and then wants to talk about the draft and what we "should've" done in hindsight.

You aren't listening to a thing I'm saying. I said he played like a 4.4 guy. You can be a 4.4 guy and still win vertically on occasion.

But anybody telling you that he played like a 4.35 guy is full of ****ing shit. He still doesn't play like a guy that fast.

The 40 times are a lot closer than the tape. That's all I've been trying to explain to you.
Being a deep threat has more variables than just pure speed. And those variables account for more than your 4.4/4.35 difference.

But hey, you're right. And all the other people who said he was a legitimate deep threat were wrong.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 01:32 PM   #6626
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic View Post
I never said he was JJSS.

I will say I do NOT understand why Reid/Nagy have Skyy line up wide and Rice in the slot.

Skyy Moore probably isn't even an NFL slot receiver, but he sure AF shouldn't be lining up wide.

Rice is taller & bigger, and has much better acceleration, and once he cleans up his route running, or cleans up his footwork a little, he should absolutely be out wide.
I've been saying the same. Skyy Moore is useless past 10 yards. Both the games we lost mahomes is trying to throw over a taller defender than skyy.
Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.Pinchshot is not part of the Right 53.
Old 11-10-2023, 01:32 PM   #6627
In Search of a Life

From nfl.com

Quote:
Has build-up speed, but lacks early acceleration

Lacks suddenness to separate from tight man
This is the difference between a 4.4 guy and mid to low 4.3 guy with quickness to boot. Nobody said he's slow. Nobody said he's completely useless as a deep threat.

But there was a difference between him and Hardman, and to just look at the 40 times is ignorant and lazy.
Old 11-10-2023, 01:33 PM   #6628
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Being a deep threat has more variables than just pure speed. And those variables account for more than your 4.4/4.35 difference.

But hey, you're right. And all the other people who said he was a legitimate deep threat were wrong.
The Chiefs always want a guy with that extra gear you ****ing doofus. It's really that simple, but even after it's a explained to you, you still don't understand it.
Old 11-10-2023, 01:35 PM   #6629
In Search of a Life

I think skyy and mecole were drafted to play roles to play off other guys. Skyy was brought in to be a catch and run guy who could use his large hands to beat man coverage. It was a misread but that was the intent. I don't think even the biggest optimist saw him as a primary option.

I still see rashee as a change in mentality. Especially as we transition to a lesser Kelce we need more swiss army knives. It was mentioned before that Reid wants these WRs to play lots of roles but I think we're seeing these guys aren't adaptable enough to play outside their lane. For example, it's awesome to have mecole for specific type of plays where his burst and acceleration is unstoppable. But that has meant putting him in a lot of spots he wasn't built for. For today we can rely on Reid's wizardry and ask mahomes to shoulder a little more for a little bit longer. We will get it cleaned up. But next year I think we need to focus more on consistency.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-10-2023, 01:37 PM   #6630
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
The Chiefs always want a guy with that extra gear you ****ing doofus. It's really that simple, but even after it's a explained to you, you still don't understand it.
I just said you're right bro. You should be celebrating.