Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2023, 05:20 AM   #631
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
The veteran presence is Travis Kelce. We all knew that.

You think we got a fully accurate evaluation of these receivers and what they’re capable of without Kelce on the field?

It’s not like they had ample time to change the gameplan around. It basically
felt like Gray instead of Kelce and keep the rest the same.

Definitely some cause for concern for obvious reasons, but I definitely wouldn’t be selling stock in Toney at these levels and I don’t think we got to truly gauge what Moore may be able to do without Kelce getting the attention he does.

Long season.
Travis Kelce is a TE. I am specifically talking about the WR's.

As I have said previously. We have 16 more games to figure out some of these issues. There is no guarantee they get figured out though. Do we have as many issues as we did week 1 going forward. Unlikely. But the early returns are concerning.
Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 09-09-2023, 05:29 AM   #632
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Ten Beers View Post
Kelce certainly changes the dynamics, but this guy was billed as a route runner so he should be able to get open more often than not, with or without Kelce

All the camp reviews were positively glowing, its just puzzling why that didn't translate to the field last night
It’s early but I don’t have much confidence he can ever be that guy. I think the only option is to have him play off of others. And it’s yet to be seen if he’s even elite in that area. I think expectation was that his hand size could help him break press and that his lack of polish on routes and instincts could be refined. But I’m not sure we’ve seen that progression. Rashee is much further along in week 1 than skyy is in year 2.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2023, 05:41 AM   #633
MVP

They're trying to draw someone out of retirement..3xx chess
Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 09-09-2023, 06:08 AM   #634
In Search of a Life

Quote:

You think we got a fully accurate evaluation of these receivers and what they’re capable of without Kelce on the field?

Definitely some cause for concern for obvious reasons, but I definitely wouldn’t be selling stock in Toney at these levels and I don’t think we got to truly gauge what Moore may be able to do without Kelce getting the attention he does.

Long season.
In a weird way I’m glad we got the “it’s a wonderful life” version of our offense without kelce. We have to start preparing our offense to thrive with or without kelce. On the one hand, it’s nice to know plugging him in fixes a lot of warts. On the other hand I don’t want to rely on guys whose entire productivity relies on kelce and mahomes’ greatness to open them up. So there’s optimism and concern at the same time. That’s the kind of mentality that allowed us to fall asleep on recognizing the limits of guys like hardman and drob.

I do think we’re young and can get better. Toney is better than this. Rice flashed potential. Ross flashed. Excited to see their journey. Skyy has to do more than feed off of kelce and if he doesnt, with 7 guys in the room it’s a little concerning if he ends up vulturing a lot of snaps.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 06:46 AM   #635
Starter

Quote:

Long season.
September is more of an extension of the preseason with how little starters play in those games. I don't think game one tells much of anything. By end of Sept/October teams know what they have and what they don't have.
GoForIt < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.GoForIt < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.GoForIt < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.GoForIt < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.GoForIt < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.GoForIt < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.GoForIt < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.GoForIt < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.GoForIt < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.GoForIt < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.GoForIt < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 09-09-2023, 06:55 AM   #636
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba View Post
Travis Kelce is a TE. I am specifically talking about the WR's.

As I have said previously. We have 16 more games to figure out some of these issues. There is no guarantee they get figured out though. Do we have as many issues as we did week 1 going forward. Unlikely. But the early returns are concerning.
The only WR we lost was JuJu.

Do you really think of Tiktok boy as a veteran presence? Moreso than MVS?
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2023, 07:06 AM   #637
Threepeat!

I am still sick to my stomach over the loss. I had such high expectations, even without Kelce and Jones. I guess my glass was unrealistically half-full when it came to the wide receiver group. I never expected that kind of performance from them. NFL games are hard to win despite what team you’re playing. I know that. You can’t judge the outcome of the season based on the opener. I know that. Upsets happen. I know that. But I just can’t shake the feeling that the Chiefs have an overall dire lack of talent at the offensive skill positions. Especially wide receiver. Hope I’m wrong.
T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2023, 07:09 AM   #638
MVP

Quote:
The only WR we lost was JuJu.

Do you really think of Tiktok boy as a veteran presence? Moreso than MVS?
What?

Did Juju build the roster this year?
Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 09-09-2023, 07:14 AM   #639
Threepeat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor View Post
Toney is gonna bounce back. He was open enough to get the looks. He just had the worst game of his life last night. Shit happens, he’ll be catching TDs and we’ll forgive him for that shitty performance. Literally he probably shouldn’t have even played after missing so much time this preseason. But no Kelce put us in a bind.
Forgive? Maybe. But never forget … It was an epic NFL fail from KT. Generational fail.
T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2023, 07:14 AM   #640
Why so serious?

Quote:
What?

Did Juju build the roster this year?
You just said the Chiefs have no veteran presence this year.

What presence did they have last year that allowed them to have the top offense in the league? Only person we lost was JuJu so you just think he was suuuuper important, no?
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2023, 07:25 AM   #641
MVP

Quote:
You just said the Chiefs have no veteran presence this year.

What presence did they have last year that allowed them to have the top offense in the league? Only person we lost was JuJu so you just think he was suuuuper important, no?
You seem to be on some weirdo fixation with Juju.

Doesn't have to be Juju. Could be another vet. There were other opportunities to fill that need this past off season. But if you really want to make this a MVS vs. Juju thing, by all means you do you. It's just weird at this point though.
Old 09-09-2023, 07:26 AM   #642
Why so serious?

Quote:
You seem to be on some weirdo fixation with Juju.

Doesn't have to be Juju. Could be another vet. There were other opportunities to fill that need this past off season. But if you really want to make this a MVS vs. Juju thing by all means you do you. It's just weird at this point though.
You’re not following. I’ll slow it down for you.

Were you disappointed with our offense last year?
Old 09-09-2023, 07:39 AM   #643
MVP

Quote:
You’re not following. I’ll slow it down for you.

Were you disappointed with our offense last year?
No.

Were you disappointed with the week 1 results from the WR's this year?
Old 09-09-2023, 07:46 AM   #644
Bolton gonna knock you out

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-post Tom View Post
Forgive? Maybe. But never forget … It was an epic NFL fail from KT. Generational fail.
That’s fine. But also don’t forget what he did to help us win a ring last year. Shit happens. Players have bad games. Lions had a great gameplan, and ours was kinda meh, because we lost Kelce 2 days before the game. WBF, and Toney WBF also.

We just hung a banner, as bad as it sucks to lose a game, this one is inconsequential. I’m well over it already. Andy and Pat will figure it out. And we’ll be back to a top offense by seasons end.
Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-09-2023, 07:56 AM   #645
Why so serious?

Quote:
No.

Were you disappointed with the week 1 results from the WR's this year?
They’re the same WRs we had last year with the exception of losing JuJu and adding Rice, James, and Ross whom I’m sure you aren’t pointing fingers at.

Do you think the WRs from last year that you were okay with all just happened to regress?

And since you’re big on having a “veteran presence,” were you banging the table (and wrong) on that last season too?

Or is it more likely you’re just getting super reactionary based on a really bad week for that position group that can at least partially be forgiven by living in an ex-Kelce world?