Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-07-2023, 03:59 PM   #6331
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Guys, I’m agreeing that Watson is open;’the drift doesn’t help, but at his break he’s definitely open. Not argument there.

I don’t see three other WRs open though. Gray is, if the protection holds up another second or so. And I don’t count the outlet; Pat almost never looks at the outlet anyway. And I don’t think anyone else counts the outlet either. Kurt Warner doesn’t for sure.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-07-2023, 03:59 PM   #6332
Please squeeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Yeah, the only real moment is when Justin 'cuts' inside. Except that he runs this curving break; it's not a crisp break at the top of the route. I mean, he's open technically for about 3/4 of a second, but nothing about that route gives Pat a clean look to throw at either, imo.

And I get that we aren't converting a lot of 3rd and 20s, just as I'm positive that Pat knows that as well. I'm sure he understands that 4th and 8 is still better than taking a sack.
He is open at the 4 sec mark if Watson stops but that wasn't the route he was running. Other than that throw it away or check it down.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-07-2023, 04:24 PM   #6333
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Guys, I’m agreeing that Watson is open;’the drift doesn’t help, but at his break he’s definitely open. Not argument there.

I don’t see three other WRs open though. Gray is, if the protection holds up another second or so. And I don’t count the outlet; Pat almost never looks at the outlet anyway. And I don’t think anyone else counts the outlet either. Kurt Warner doesn’t for sure.
But that's what 'throwing a guy open' means.

Put the ball in the air and he won't drift. He'll come back directly to the ball. you can see him turn, look for it, and then start to drift inside.

The issues is that Mahomes didn't seem inclined to attempt to throw him open. And on 3rd and 20, I just don't know what he thought he was going to get. It's as high a degree of difficulty play as you're going to get - having that kind of space/time for Watson was, frankly, something of a gift born of really good play design.

Reid/Nagy did their job. Watson did his up to the point of turning it into a bit of a scramble drill (by then I think Mahomes had essentially given up on running the play as designed anyway). The person who didn't was the guy holding the football.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2023, 04:35 PM   #6334
Please squeeze

Need more of this. Like alot more

dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-07-2023, 04:41 PM   #6335
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
Need more of this. Like alot more

And wherefore art thou, whip routes?

I mean that Tyreek Hill whip route was easy money. 7 yards as simple as breathing. We have that twice/gm if we want it. And by using it, we set up exactly that quick slant.

That's just right in Toney's wheelhouse and frankly he doesn't NEED to be in the slot to do them. Ideally he's not on the same side as Kelce because Kelce's going to draw attention that could gum some of that up. But you put him on the backside and you can run those plays even if he's split out wide.

Andy's too smart to not know this. I think he's sitting on it.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2023, 04:45 PM   #6336
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
And wherefore are thou, whip routes?

I mean that Tyreek Hill whip route was easy money. 7 yards as simple as breathing. We have that twice/gm if we want it. And by using it, we set up exactly that quick slant.

That's just right in Toney's wheelhouse and frankly he doesn't NEED to be in the slot to do them. Ideally he's not on the same side as Kelce because Kelce's going to draw attention that could gum some of that up. But you put him on the backside and you can run those plays even if he's split out wide.

Andy's too smart to not know this. I think he's sitting on it.

This would seem crazy for most other coaches but this is Reid. He is playing a game different than a Shanahan who mindlessly runs his stars into the wall 100 MPH in October.
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-07-2023, 04:45 PM   #6337
The man you could post like.

Reid sure is sitting on a lot at this point.....
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2023, 04:50 PM   #6338
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
It's just so out of character for the guy. He didn't have many of them last year.

It's not that it won't happen. Shit happens, it's a hard game.

But damn.
I figured he'd come out of it by now. It's really odd.
crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-07-2023, 05:08 PM   #6339
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
But that's what 'throwing a guy open' means.

Put the ball in the air and he won't drift. He'll come back directly to the ball. you can see him turn, look for it, and then start to drift inside.

The issues is that Mahomes didn't seem inclined to attempt to throw him open. And on 3rd and 20, I just don't know what he thought he was going to get. It's as high a degree of difficulty play as you're going to get - having that kind of space/time for Watson was, frankly, something of a gift born of really good play design.

Reid/Nagy did their job. Watson did his up to the point of turning it into a bit of a scramble drill (by then I think Mahomes had essentially given up on running the play as designed anyway). The person who didn't was the guy holding the football.

I'm not disagreeing with you. My only issue is I don't like the route; or maybe just how it was run. But I agree that not only was Watson open, but Pat should've also thrown it at Watson's break. If it was a timing route, 100%.

I do question (a little anyway) if it really was a timing route. If it was, well, Pat's thrown a million timing routes, so I'd expect he would've thrown the ball there. It's not like Pat's become Russell Wilson this season. So, I wonder if maybe it wasn't a timing route, but something else that Pat was expecting?

I guess it doesn't matter really. Regardless, it was the only option, so Mahomes should've taken it.

I missed the game and haven't seen a replay or even highlights, so my question is, how many of these types of mistakes did Pat really make in this game? considering the season he's having, I'm guessing he's making a few per game (maybe), but his stats/advanced metrics say he's not making a ton of them?
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-07-2023, 05:39 PM   #6340
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-07-2023, 05:50 PM   #6341
MVP

Quote:
I'm not disagreeing with you. My only issue is I don't like the route; or maybe just how it was run. But I agree that not only was Watson open, but Pat should've also thrown it at Watson's break. If it was a timing route, 100%.

I do question (a little anyway) if it really was a timing route. If it was, well, Pat's thrown a million timing routes, so I'd expect he would've thrown the ball there. It's not like Pat's become Russell Wilson this season. So, I wonder if maybe it wasn't a timing route, but something else that Pat was expecting?

I guess it doesn't matter really. Regardless, it was the only option, so Mahomes should've taken it.

I missed the game and haven't seen a replay or even highlights, so my question is, how many of these types of mistakes did Pat really make in this game? considering the season he's having, I'm guessing he's making a few per game (maybe), but his stats/advanced metrics say he's not making a ton of them?
Listen, it's not a TON. It's a few to a handful a game.

But that's literally the difference between being a top flight type offense and undefeated and a #15 type offense.

Add in a drop here and there. Add in a handful of not making the right adjustments to their routes according to the defense's coverage.

These are all correctable things, and for stretches they look like what we've come to expect Chiefs offenses to look like; and for stretches they look like "what the **** is THIS?"

A lot of new parts, lot of young players, lot of not quite clicking.

It's not as simple as THESE WR'S SUCK!
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-07-2023, 07:01 PM   #6342
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
I guess Mahomes has just lost the ability to play QB. Open from a fan perspective is open to interpretation. When are they open? Did they adjust their route as needed? Does the QB have an angle depending on where hes at in the pocket. Bottom line is our WRs are ****ing awful and that is almost the sole reason the offense has sputtered.
If the receivers are open, but they aren't actually where they are supposed to be, how can Mahomes trust that?

I have a feeling that he threw the ball to Moore several times in this situation last year, and ended up throwing picks because Moore didn't do what Mahomes thought he was going to, so Mahomes just stopped throwing to receivers who didn't do what they were supposed to.
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 11-07-2023, 07:16 PM   #6343
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch View Post
Reid sure is sitting on a lot at this point.....
Yeah, and he's load managing too
jerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 11-07-2023, 10:02 PM   #6344
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
Damn.

Tons of talent player with a five cent brain.
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-08-2023, 07:20 AM   #6345
In Search of a Life

Going into next offseason at WR though, I'm gonna guess they take a swing or two after this whole thing one way or another.

It probably will take trading and paying someone though. Aiyuk would be a choice but if I really wanted to make some waves I might call up the Cowboys about Ceedee
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.