Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Yesterday, 09:15 PM  
DeadPunisher

Who is the Chiefs #2 GOAT?

I saw a social media post from Fanduel that listed each teams second GOAT.

They listed Kelce as the Chiefs second GOAT.

But, is he? Like, my initial thought was DT, but that's probably just in my heart. Then I thought about TG, Will Shields, and even Joe Montana and Willie Roaf.

All of those players have legitimate arguments at being the GOATs at their respective positions at one point in time.

But, then I thought about Kelce's streak of thousand yard seasons, and his post season records, I think I agree that he is probably our number two GOAT.

So, is it Kelce, or someone else?

https://www.instagram.com/p/C-3VcD8P...9rMWY0dXFxMmh6
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old Today, 07:56 AM   #46
What's up braj?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjchieffan View Post
I'm surprised that nobody is making an argument for Len Dawson. Before this current era, I don't think that there would have been much argument against Dawson being the GOAT. Now nobody is even calling him number two. What a great time to be a Chiefs fan! I'm going to have to think about it. Don't forget, Len Dawson won 3 AFL championships. For now, I'm going to call Kelce and Dawson 2a and 2b.
The earth didn’t even exist when Dawson was playing
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:00 AM   #47
In Search of a Life

Kelce, not close, followed by Len Dawson, then DT for my top 4. That could change if we continue to win SB's. TG went to the Falcons, while I understand why, he gets the Neil Smith treatment from me. **** TG.
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:05 AM   #48
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz View Post
I think the thing that sours TG for me, on top of the being an asshole about autographs, is how quick he was to trash KC once he went to Atlanta. Maybe it was just the Chiefs organization, maybe it was just the city, I still hated how quickly he turned.

And then, as soon as Patrick got here and started winning, you suddenly see this dude on talk shows as a "former Chief", as if he represents them or some bullshit. Then he's making IG videos practicing in his backyard joking that he wants to come back. **** you TG, you little bandwagon jumping piece of shit.
This is just about the perfect summation of Tony Gonzalez.
RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.
Old Today, 08:07 AM   #49
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz View Post
I think the thing that sours TG for me, on top of the being an asshole about autographs, is how quick he was to trash KC once he went to Atlanta. Maybe it was just the Chiefs organization, maybe it was just the city, I still hated how quickly he turned.

And then, as soon as Patrick got here and started winning, you suddenly see this dude on talk shows as a "former Chief", as if he represents them or some bullshit. Then he's making IG videos practicing in his backyard joking that he wants to come back. **** you TG, you little bandwagon jumping piece of shit.
Kelce just means so much to the organization that I've thought many teams about his leaving, while we will still be a super bowl team without him, will leave a big void. Ill be sad when Chris jones moves on for the right reasons, I was disappointed to lose Gonzales from a performance standpoint, but it's not gonna sting as much as when kelce moves on.

And then there's mahomes who when he hangs it up hopefully 15 years from now will be the worst and long ass hangover
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:20 AM   #50
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
Kelce just means so much to the organization that I've thought many teams about his leaving, while we will still be a super bowl team without him, will leave a big void. Ill be sad when Chris jones moves on for the right reasons, I was disappointed to lose Gonzales from a performance standpoint, but it's not gonna sting as much as when kelce moves on.

And then there's mahomes who when he hangs it up hopefully 15 years from now will be the worst and long ass hangover
Luckily, unlike TG, both Kelce and Jones likely end up retiring as Chiefs.

I wasn't around for the Dawson-Bell-Buchanan,etc. era so I don't think I can adequately assess their impact for Mt. Rushmore status.

For me, it's gonna end up being 1.Mahomes 2. Kelce 3. DT 4. ?

I have a 4 way tie for #4 - Albert Lewis (favorite player when I was little kid), Shields (the perfect Chief in every way, on and off field), Derrick Johnson (suffered through lot of shitty Chiefs teams, HOFer in a different Chiefs era) and Chris Jones (whats not to love about Stone Cold?).

I would probably lean Shields, but I could be persuaded to change my mind.
TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:22 AM   #51
In Search of a Life

Quote:

Kelce will retire, not like Tony the Douchebag...
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:34 AM   #52
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin View Post
Luckily, unlike TG, both Kelce and Jones likely end up retiring as Chiefs.

I wasn't around for the Dawson-Bell-Buchanan,etc. era so I don't think I can adequately assess their impact for Mt. Rushmore status.

For me, it's gonna end up being 1.Mahomes 2. Kelce 3. DT 4. ?

I have a 4 way tie for #4 - Albert Lewis (favorite player when I was little kid), Shields (the perfect Chief in every way, on and off field), Derrick Johnson (suffered through lot of shitty Chiefs teams, HOFer in a different Chiefs era) and Chris Jones (whats not to love about Stone Cold?).

I would probably lean Shields, but I could be persuaded to change my mind.
Oh yeah, for sure. I should use the word "retire." These guys will eventually retire probably in a few years as chiefs. And I just think it has to factor into this discussion how much of a void it's going to leave with fans. Which is crazy because the team will still be awesome without them. But that is a void I never ever felt when we lost Tony G. I suspect eagles will feel it with Jason kelce too.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:51 AM   #53
Back-to-Back-to-Back.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
I was a teenager at the time. My dad and I got away from the other fans who were parked by the shuttle loading zones to hound players for autographs, but Tony decided to just walk across campus around the back. He was with a trainer. When I asked him to sign and he ignored me, I heard the trainer say, "Tony, remember what Lamar said about being nice to the fans..."

I had two hats. One for me, one for me cousins. He asked me which one to sign and I kind of panicked and said, "Uh... both?" He got pretty testy. "Which one, man?!" Until the trainer said again, "Tony..." and he reluctantly signed them both.

I told him thank you and DEFINITELY heard him under his breath, "Eh, go **** yourself, kid"
I was getting my GED at the time before I entered seminary school. My wife's boyfriend and I were at the signing at Diamond Joes on Buffet Night. Tony was there with Larry Johnson & Shannon Sharpe. When my wife was done with her dollar dance with him we asked for an autograph, he angrily said no as he pounded a piece of shrimp and downed it with his bloody mary. He said I'm too good to sign autographs, get LJ's. So we asked for LJ's autograph but he just went on some rant about a global conspiracy and Todd Haley playing golf. So we tried to get Shannon Sharpe's autograph, he was completely sober but we had no idea what he was saying through his lisp. Trust me it was really bad back then.

Clark Hunt was there wearing a tuxedo for some reason, he was just a young buck back then. We asked if he could help get Tony's trust so he would sign our basketball. He told Tony, remember what Lamar said on how to treat people but Tony shook his head and said "I don't owe the Clark's anything and by the way stop following me around nerd". Clark cried and started sucking his thumb. Tony felt so bad that he put his arm around my wife's boyfriend and said I'm really sorry I treated you like that. I'll sign your dumb ball and get you tickets for the next game. When we left we looked at the ball but it said "Go **** yourself" and had two ****ing Wizard tickets duct tape to it full of glitter.

I told myself I would never root for Tony Gonzalez ever again. I found out years later it was just Aaron Hernandez. I guess all mexicans really do look the same.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:07 AM   #54
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

I feel like we should divide the Chiefs up into two epochs and never mix them. The old classic guys like Willie Lanier and Len Dawson are up on Mount Olympus and they deserve to be. But 75 or 80 percent of Chiefs fans never saw them play, and most of those who did see them were children at the time who weren't really savvy about understanding the game. I feel like we shouldn't be trying to compare those guys with the modern-era guys, especially given the dynamic in Kansas City of having a Hall of Fame team followed by 40 years of wandering in the desert followed by another Hall of Fame team.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 11:08 AM   #55
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
I was a teenager at the time. My dad and I got away from the other fans who were parked by the shuttle loading zones to hound players for autographs, but Tony decided to just walk across campus around the back. He was with a trainer. When I asked him to sign and he ignored me, I heard the trainer say, "Tony, remember what Lamar said about being nice to the fans..."

I had two hats. One for me, one for me cousins. He asked me which one to sign and I kind of panicked and said, "Uh... both?" He got pretty testy. "Which one, man?!" Until the trainer said again, "Tony..." and he reluctantly signed them both.

I told him thank you and DEFINITELY heard him under his breath, "Eh, go **** yourself, kid"
Two autographs? You did kind of deserve it.

And the real treasure is not the autographs, but rather the story. So he gave you something memorable.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 11:27 AM   #56
Court Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Two autographs? You did kind of deserve it.

And the real treasure is not the autographs, but rather the story. So he gave you something memorable.
I gave TG zero Super Bowl rings. He still remembers it to this day.
Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:09 PM   #57
Voodoo Chile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
When we drafted Gonzalez I was a little kid waiting in line at Price Chopper for an autograph. He never showed up, I think they said he got lost, so instead Donnie Edward’s came and I got his autograph on my mini helmet. I still have that helmet which also has Grbac on it.
That’s called the Okoye.
JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JimNasium Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old Today, 12:23 PM   #58
Diablo Negro

Almost has to be Dawson but Kelce is a really strong candidate for #2.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:21 PM   #59
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah I'm going with kelce

Easy first ballot hall of famer
Insane amount of hardware
Perfect team player
Insane longevity and consistent
Great community guy and personality
Tremendous clutch performer

He's the whole package. The only thing holding him back is his position which is irrelevant when he's the GOAT at his position. He is an easy choice for #1 except that he trails the guy who will end up the GOAT in the entire sport
All of this. The guy is going to go into the hall as the GOAT at his position. It's not even close. If we didn't have Patrick, we'd all be watching because of Kelce.
rydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellirydogg58 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old Today, 01:32 PM   #60
MVP

It's either Kelce or Len Dawson. Kelce is a better player but Dawson played a more important position and was the face of the franchise longer.

Also, I was under the impression Bobby Bell and Willie Lanier are considered better all-time players than Derrick Thomas. The latter was an elite pass rusher but not as a complete as Bell/Lanier.
Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.