Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Today, 12:49 PM  
Veteran

I have cut the cord, How to watch the games.

I have cut the cord because only watch TV for the Chiefs. A long time ago my locals worked in the city. +25 years ago based upon litigation my locals are now Topeka, which is considered not to be KC market. I could though, through CBS NBC ABC, get the games unless they were on prime, peacock, NFL network. But again the only reason I sign up for cable was to watch the games.

Years ago I queried the CP about streaming. Most the comments were negative.

If the games are shown on prime/peacock/NFL network, in theory about 6 to 8 games you will need those services. In the future how many more alternate platforms will NFL choose.

Therefore I ask the CP how best to watch games? Without cable/DirecTV/dish network.

One answer I understand as possible, YouTube TV. I've not very much experience with that. Additionally I believe it costs around 80 or $90 a month. But again, I would only use it to watch the Chiefs.

A friend of mine offered an alternative called VONWIK. From what I understand, they allow 23,000 channels, possibly a Canadian company?, That would allow me to watch the games. This cost $15 a month. Again with 23,000 channels. Also you can't PAUSE/RECORD the game. Dunno. My friend is going to test it again this weekend.

He stated Sunday ticket will show all the games, but he found Chiefs games were blacked out. Don't know.

With the advent of newer and newer technology every year, is there some way to watch the games at a reasonable price. I don't watch TV except for the games.

What say you CP members as ideas?
Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old Today, 04:16 PM   #46
In Search of a Life

I’ve gotta drag out the hdmi antenna for preseason games I guess
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 04:20 PM   #47
Veteran

Quote:
32 years, thirty TWO years in tech and you can't figure out or understand how to watch NFL games. Your AOL friends would be disappointed that you can't ICON it.
Duh. My point. They keep adding additional platform that supersede networks.

?? Maybe it is rigged?? To watch all games in the future, it will cost you +$200/ month when you only want to watch ~3-4 months. The games.
Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old Today, 04:21 PM   #48
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
I'm trying to understand is there a single complete service to get every game, no blackouts from now until Superbowl?
Single service to get every game live legally?

But the NFL one has all the games after they finish?

I know for instance, that the Peacock game last year was shown on NFL network not too long after it finished up.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old Today, 04:33 PM   #49
Champion Golfer Of The Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holladay View Post
Duh. My point. They keep adding additional platform that supersede networks.

?? Maybe it is rigged?? To watch all games in the future, it will cost you +$200/ month when you only want to watch ~3-4 months. The games.
Yea, that's been coming for a while. And now it's here. I'm a little surprised with your location that you can't get WIBW or another CBS local.
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Old Today, 04:59 PM   #50
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjchieffan View Post
Interesting that Topeka doesn't play the games. My parents watch all of the games, including preseason, on Springfield, MO locals. I get all of the games, including the preseason games, in Rogers, AR.

Also, you probably just need a good antenna and amplifier attached to a pole on your house. My parents live 60 miles from Springfield and get great antenna reception.
Topeka does play every game possible.
Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old Today, 06:26 PM   #51
Veteran

Quote:
I'm a little surprised with your location that you can't get WIBW or another CBS local.
Quote:
Topeka does play every game possible.
Remember I cut the cord and a large antennae is out of the question. I am ~100 miles from Topeka and KC.
Old Today, 06:36 PM   #52
Champion Golfer Of The Year

Northwest?
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Old Today, 07:38 PM   #53
Veteran

Yes, Hiawatha
Old Today, 07:47 PM   #54
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
I didn’t know that. Even if you just do a screen share? Surely they can’t disable that.
I haven't tried a third party screen share app, but Google cast and Airplay won't let you cast with it for the live games. I've tried both my phone and my iPad last season.
CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old Today, 08:00 PM   #55
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holladay View Post
Yes, Hiawatha
You are 56 miles from Topeka and 73 miles from KC as the crow flies. I am 92 miles from Topeka as the crow flies, and can get WIBW on my open air antenna. It's 35 feet in the air and has a rotor and an amplifier but it comes in just fine.
Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old Today, 08:09 PM   #56
Forever Royal

I have cut the cord, How to watch the games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsLockKey View Post
I haven't tried a third party screen share app, but Google cast and Airplay won't let you cast with it for the live games. I've tried both my phone and my iPad last season.

The thing I was thinking of on my iPhone is screen mirroring, which is different than airplay. So that one is accessed from the phone, not through the app or web site you are using. It shows as an option when you just pull down from the top with two fingers and see things like your flashlight, adjust brightness, etc. I would guess that one works? Unless you tried it also?
mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:11 PM   #57
Veteran

Quote:
my open air antenna. It's 35 feet in the air and has a rotor and an amplifier but it comes in just fine.
That is my problem. I had that 25 years ago before Sat. I took it down 20 years ago and put on the TV tower a Sat for my business. I am not going to put up a new tower nor put on my roof again. Me thinks Rabbit Ears would work??