Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-27-2021, 07:10 PM  
Life is changing..

Let's talk about the Cleveland Browns

Week 1.

Chiefs vs Browns.

Talk about it here.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-04-2021, 11:21 AM   #526
Veteran

[QUOTE=Mav;15814587]Being down 24-0 and having Tyreke, and Kelce is a little different than having Jarvis Landry and Rashard Higgins as your 1, and 2 receivers. You’re acting like those things are equal. The Browns awful secondary, and lack of any speed at the receivers position were huge problems last year. The Chiefs in the playoffs gave zero respect to the Browns ability to get deep. I imagine week 1 with OBJ back, Schwartz and his 4.25 speed and the quickly developing DPJ that things will be a little different. Again, I do not expect to win. The Browns have not started 1-0 in almost 20 years. The Chiefs are the better team, Andy and Mahomes do not lose in September. But, people are going to find out that Baker is much more than Alex Smith who couldn’t carry Bakers jock on his best of days.[/QUOTE

What I’ve repeatedly have said is that Mayfield couldn’t deliver when the stakes were the highest.

Think about it: 8 mins left 4th quarter, have the defending Champs on the ropes in their house with all the momentum. If I had a guess, from a pure football perspective, this was probably the most important time in Baker’s life…a certainly the type of situation any kid who ever did anything competitively wants to be in. People dream of those situations and being the hero. Baker probably had those same dreams himself: leading his team to victory

And the result was he did jack squat with the most perfect of opportunities.

And to make it worse, a 34 year old backup QB did what Baker couldn’t do: make a clutch play with his legs to basically ice the game…

So, I’ll say it again: when your QB gets out-clutched by Chad freaking Henne, you have a problem
mililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 09-04-2021, 11:27 AM   #527
MVP

[QUOTE=mililo4cpa;15814651]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav View Post
Being down 24-0 and having Tyreke, and Kelce is a little different than having Jarvis Landry and Rashard Higgins as your 1, and 2 receivers. You’re acting like those things are equal. The Browns awful secondary, and lack of any speed at the receivers position were huge problems last year. The Chiefs in the playoffs gave zero respect to the Browns ability to get deep. I imagine week 1 with OBJ back, Schwartz and his 4.25 speed and the quickly developing DPJ that things will be a little different. Again, I do not expect to win. The Browns have not started 1-0 in almost 20 years. The Chiefs are the better team, Andy and Mahomes do not lose in September. But, people are going to find out that Baker is much more than Alex Smith who couldn’t carry Bakers jock on his best of days.[/QUOTE

What I’ve repeatedly have said is that Mayfield couldn’t deliver when the stakes were the highest.

Think about it: 8 mins left 4th quarter, have the defending Champs on the ropes in their house with all the momentum. If I had a guess, from a pure football perspective, this was probably the most important time in Baker’s life…a certainly the type of situation any kid who ever did anything competitively wants to be in. People dream of those situations and being the hero. Baker probably had those same dreams himself: leading his team to victory

And the result was he did jack squat with the most perfect of opportunities.

And to make it worse, a 34 year old backup QB did what Baker couldn’t do: make a clutch play with his legs to basically ice the game…

So, I’ll say it again: when your QB gets out-clutched by Chad freaking Henne, you have a problem
The Chiefs had 11 defenders on the field and they played great.

NFL Network will rebroadcast the game this week.

Why don't you watch it with somebody that knows something about football?
jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.jettio has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 09-04-2021, 11:37 AM   #528
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Cleveland's got a good squad.

People here just hate Mayfield for some reason. It's kind of pathological. I like the kid, personally.

I don't think they can beat a healthy KC, but I do expect them to be in a competition with Buffalo for second-best team in the AFC.

There's a tendency to oversimplify with some Chiefs fans these days. If he's not Mahomes, he sucks. If they're not as good as the Chiefs, they're pathetic. I'm a Chiefs fan, and I find it irritating. If Mahomes didn't exist, and we'd drafted Baker Mayfield, we'd be pretty excited. Of course, he does, and we didn't, and so the trash talking is what it is.

Barring a mass of injuries, I expect the AFC championship game will be in Arrowhead against either Cleveland or Buffalo.
If Baker had been selected by us, as the No.1 overall pick, I would actually be concerned if we had to dumb the gameplan down considerably for him in his 3rd year, in order to ensure we got to the playoffs, by reducing his input and relying on the best running game in the league.
milkshock is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutmilkshock is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutmilkshock is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutmilkshock is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutmilkshock is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutmilkshock is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutmilkshock is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutmilkshock is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutmilkshock is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutmilkshock is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 09-04-2021, 11:49 AM   #529
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkshock View Post
If Baker had been selected by us, as the No.1 overall pick, I would actually be concerned if we had to dumb the gameplan down considerably for him in his 3rd year, in order to ensure we got to the playoffs, by reducing his input and relying on the best running game in the league.
Context... if you couldn't see they started slow because they had no OTAs no training camp ect with a new offense.They grew more than any other team from week 1 to the end of the year.

If we see the same thing this year I would agree but from all reports this year that isn't the case.
eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 11:51 AM   #530
Veteran

[QUOTE=jettio;15814654]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa View Post

The Chiefs had 11 defenders on the field and they played great.

NFL Network will rebroadcast the game this week.

Why don't you watch it with somebody that knows something about football?
Interesting take. You claim I don’t know “something about football” then proceed to completely validate my point: Clutch performer don’t give a shit about how good the defense is playing….they rise above it, the conquer it, the use it as a platform for greatness. You think a Pat Mahomes or a Tom Brady give a shit how good the defense is playing? Hell no.

If you are implying that for Baker to be great, the opposing defense has to not play well is silly. The great players don’t need the other team to lay down for them to be great, the great players want the other team to play their best.
mililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 09-04-2021, 11:58 AM   #531
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolboy View Post
Clowney sucks.. What until he meets Joe and Trey!
Or Brown and Niang.
ThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 09-04-2021, 12:07 PM   #532
Forever Royal

Quote:
I don’t agree. You’re gonna see why this season.

Will they make a big jump and actually have a positive point differential?
mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-04-2021, 12:40 PM   #533
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastsidedawg View Post
Context... if you couldn't see they started slow because they had no OTAs no training camp ect with a new offense.They grew more than any other team from week 1 to the end of the year.

If we see the same thing this year I would agree but from all reports this year that isn't the case.
The team improved yes, Baker - not so much as far as I could see.
milkshock is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutmilkshock is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutmilkshock is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutmilkshock is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutmilkshock is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutmilkshock is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutmilkshock is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutmilkshock is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutmilkshock is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutmilkshock is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 09-04-2021, 12:47 PM   #534
Stay down bitch!

What’s the big deal, lots of superstar qbs get outdueled by Chad Henne in the postseason.
PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.PunkinDrublic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 01:42 PM   #535
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYC75 View Post
I think he was referring to the general consensus that this was more of a KU board than any other local college team.

Hmm, maybe it time for a poll to see. Could be a close one?
He's talking about football.

The number of people left who give a shit about KU football is probably right up there with active Charger fans.

I didn't even remember that Mayfield played for the Gooners. That's how much I care about Big 12 football.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-04-2021, 02:11 PM   #536
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
Will they make a big jump and actually have a positive point differential?
Hope so thay was due to some blow outs early in the season and. Bad defense that gave up 30+ points like 8 times last year.
eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 09-04-2021, 02:34 PM   #537
XBOX GT MAVS ACE

Quote:
Dumb down the gameplan? The Browns from week 7 on started receivers who both ran 4.64 40's which is slower than your Tight end Travis Kelce ran at 4.61. No one respected us getting over the top. And do not kid yourself. Backs like Chubb, and Henry are work horses who you utilize. Why are we criticizing the Browns for using the best set of backs in the league? I imagine what you are going to see this year is where the browns will pass a lot more, but they arent going to stop running the ball. The right side of their line Teller, and Conklin are ELITE run blockers, and the SCHEME is based on the run, and play action roll outs. You think because the 49ers drafted Trey Lance that all of a sudden when he starts they arent going to be based around the run? The scheme, IS THE SCHEME. Baker would do very well in Andy Reids system. Hes a gunslinger who loves to show off his canno
Mav is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mav is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mav is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mav is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mav is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mav is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mav is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mav is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mav is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mav is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mav is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-04-2021, 02:36 PM   #538
XBOX GT MAVS ACE

[QUOTE=mililo4cpa;15814680]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jettio View Post

Interesting take. You claim I don’t know “something about football” then proceed to completely validate my point: Clutch performer don’t give a shit about how good the defense is playing….they rise above it, the conquer it, the use it as a platform for greatness. You think a Pat Mahomes or a Tom Brady give a shit how good the defense is playing? Hell no.

If you are implying that for Baker to be great, the opposing defense has to not play well is silly. The great players don’t need the other team to lay down for them to be great, the great players want the other team to play their best.
Interesting point. I guess Mahomes sucks. He got bested by a great defense in the super bowl and didnt even score a touchdown.......
Mav is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mav is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mav is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mav is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mav is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mav is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mav is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mav is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mav is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mav is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mav is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-04-2021, 02:38 PM   #539
XBOX GT MAVS ACE

Quote:
The team improved yes, Baker - not so much as far as I could see.
Fun fact. From the bye week which happened to be week 8, till the end of the season Baker was the 3rd highest rated qb in the league behind Mahomes and Aaron Rodgers, and one of only 3 qbs to have qbr ratings above 80 6 times. Im not in anyway trying to pick fights but it sure seems that you are saying a lot of things without any facts what so ever....
Old 09-04-2021, 02:41 PM   #540
Journeyman

Let's talk about the Cleveland Browns

Quote:
Fun fact. From the bye week which happened to be week 8, till the end of the season Baker was the 3rd highest rated qb in the league behind Mahomes and Aaron Rodgers, and one of only 3 qbs to have qbr ratings above 80 6 times. Im not in anyway trying to pick fights but it sure seems that you are saying a lot of things without any facts what so ever....

3500 yards is sub par considering he played 16 games. Yes his passer rating was good I guess we can agree he played the role of game manager well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk