Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-25-2023, 01:31 PM   #4921
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 View Post
With Rice's snaps/targets getting ramped up, and the addition of Hardman - I'm very confident this thread is well on it's way to looking silly.

With that said, let me play Devil's Advocate to interrupt y'alls arguing:

Can we all agree that the passing offense *doesn't look right*?

Passes the stats test, but not the eye test?
I don't agree unless you're holding us to the standard of 2018-2020 when we were rocking Mahomes on a rookie contract and Tyreek Hill.

And that's not a reasonable standard to hold the offense to at this point.

The passing game looks damn sharp when Mahomes is throwing in rhythm. When he's off, it's off. And he's been off 2 or 3 times this year. Shit happens.

No, I don't think I can agree that the passing offense doesn't 'look right'.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 01:32 PM   #4922
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post

No you weren't. That was a reply to me. You quoted me.
because you took exception to what I responded to what o.city was saying.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-25-2023, 01:37 PM   #4923
In Search of a Life

Quote:
With Rice's snaps/targets getting ramped up, and the addition of Hardman - I'm very confident this thread is well on it's way to looking silly.

With that said, let me play Devil's Advocate to interrupt y'alls arguing:

Can we all agree that the passing offense *doesn't look right*?

Passes the stats test, but not the eye test?
I mean, that’s all I’m saying right now. I obviously have specific opinions but for the immediate future I’m optimistic and cheery about where we’ll be by seasons end. But we can be optimistic while recognizing that this pass offense has plenty of opportunity to improve and there are plenty of levels to improve without being some unstoppable juggernaut.

Most of us agree with what the issues are. Most of us are optimistic about the in-season solution. Feel like we’re all on the same page but it’s ok to say that where we’re going is different from where we’ve been
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-25-2023, 01:49 PM   #4924
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I don't agree unless you're holding us to the standard of 2018-2020 when we were rocking Mahomes on a rookie contract and Tyreek Hill.

The passing game looks damn sharp when Mahomes is throwing in rhythm. When he's off, it's off. And he's been off 2 or 3 times this year. Shit happens.

No, but I expect to average more than 20 PPG against the 17th, 24th, 30th and 31st passing defenses.

Ironically, we scored the most against the 17th, and the least against the 30th and 31st.

Last edited by OnTheWarpath15; 10-25-2023 at 01:58 PM..
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-25-2023, 02:04 PM   #4925
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post

I think it’s been an issue of rhythm and trust. I still don’t think mahomes trusts skyy, I don’t think Reid trusts Toney, and a year later Mahomes and Mvs just don’t get consistently on the same page. it’s not just running the best routes, it’s also less trust that they’ll make something of it as you’ve pointed out with skyy.

Mecole hasn’t even practiced with us and boom - instant trust. Rashee is our least experienced WRs and mahomes trusts him the most. Hell, even Ross gets targeted whenever he’s in the game.

The big evolution will be giving mahomes primary guys he can trust while relegating these sporadic targets more to contributing in spot situations. More rashee and mecole, more Watson when he’s back… that’s a big part to getting us consistently in rhythm. LAC first half is a promising start and for me was the first time we felt in the kind of consistent rhythm we’ve come to expect
Old 10-25-2023, 02:08 PM   #4926
In Search of a Life

Quote:
No, but I expect to average more than 20 PPG against the 17th, 24th, 30th and 31st passing defenses.

Ironically, we scored the most against the 17th, and the least against the 30th and 31st.
Points are going to be down a bit when you have a great defense and Andy taking his foot off the pedal.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-25-2023, 02:13 PM   #4927
MVP

Quote:
Points are going to be down a bit when you have a great defense and Andy taking his foot off the pedal.
If Andy is taking his "foot off the pedal" when his team gets to 18 points, he should have his head examined.

Personally, I don't think it's that at all - they have struggled to finish in several games - especially the ones against the poor pass defenses.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-25-2023, 02:15 PM   #4928
Generational Player

Quote:
Why couldn’t the offense do anything until the final few minutes in the 2nd half last week?

I assume we were trying to score when we only had a 1 score lead.
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-25-2023, 02:16 PM   #4929

Quote:

And yet statistically we still have among the more dangerous passing offenses in the league while we continue to attempt to re-tool it on the fly.

I expected to see Moore/Rice effectively replace JJSS and the offense be functionally very similar to last season. Kelce being injured and his recovery period, plus the fact that Moore wasn't the JJSS replacement but rather Rice had to be (thus slowing that transition) made for some very early headaches, but overall I think we're looking very much like I expected us to.

And the only areas where I've been truly surprised have been those times that it's Mahomes that is looking wonky.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-25-2023, 02:20 PM   #4930
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Yup Andy is notorious for taking his foot off the pedal when we have a sizeable lead.

16-0 vs Denver
17-0 vs NYJ

I think with an excellent defense Andy has less pressure. Hell everyone has less pressure. This isn't 2018 or 2019 where we felt like we had to score damn near every possession
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-25-2023, 02:21 PM   #4931
In Search of a Life

Quote:
If Andy is taking his "foot off the pedal" when his team gets to 18 points, he should have his head examined.

Personally, I don't think it's that at all - they have struggled to finish in several games - especially the ones against the poor pass defenses.
Yea, but like RunKC pointed out, those were still 2 score games late when the defense was at the time pitching a shut out.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-25-2023, 02:23 PM   #4932
I'll be back.

yeah...probably stupid but having a better defense worries me a bit for the postseason...i mean we all remember tennessee

and it's not like this offense can't disappear at times
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-25-2023, 02:27 PM   #4933

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
yeah...probably stupid but having a better defense worries me a bit for the postseason...i mean we all remember tennessee

and it's not like this offense can't disappear at times
Yes.

That is stupid.
Old 10-25-2023, 02:30 PM   #4934
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
Why couldn’t the offense do anything until the final few minutes in the 2nd half last week?

I assume we were trying to score when we only had a 1 score lead.
because the other guys get paid too?
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-25-2023, 02:34 PM   #4935
MVP

Quote:

WHEN you play someone matters as much as WHO you play.

We played the Lions without Kelce and Toney, who missed all of camp, had a historically bad game. And we lost by one point.

We also kneeled twice to run out the clock with first downs inside the five yard line because the game was won.

Raw stats with no context don't really tell the whole story.

This offense is growing, looking better every week.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.