Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-10-2022, 03:39 PM   #2
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
Oh my. Outside of Chiefs football, about all I watch are documentaries. My favorites are the history ones like Timeline. Might make me a nerd/dork, or whatever, but I love documentaries and especially ones about historical stuff.
The problem is that a lot of historical documentaries are full of white-washing and post-modern revisionism too. You literally can't escape it anymore.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 09:23 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
Serious question...

If depictions like this bother you so much, how in the world do you find ANYTHING to watch?

Not saying I agree with it but I've pretty much come to accept it because it's literally in EVERYTHING now, including commercials.

If you truly want to avoid all of it, there's pretty much nothing you can watch.
I'm watching movies by A24...their current HBO series Euphoria has a black woman as the lead and doesn't feel forced. They actually have a hermaphrodite character...and a multi-cultural cast. Deals with homosexual aspects in a realistic way...

It's only when it's obviously forced and out of context...that it becomes racism veiled as inclusion/woke.

Last edited by BlackOp; 02-10-2022 at 09:30 PM..
BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 03:54 PM   #4
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Just seems dumb. They're not going to top those movies. What's the ****ing point?
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-10-2022, 03:56 PM   #5
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Just seems dumb. They're not going to top those movies. What's the ****ing point?
$$$
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-10-2022, 03:57 PM   #6
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Bezo has $187 Billion and he is a fan?

He loses $1 billion on this, he shrugs. I still have $186 billion left.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-10-2022, 03:59 PM   #7
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Bezo has $100 Billion and he is a fan?
Millions will watch and they won't care if it's accurate, woke, stupid, brilliant, etc.

It's Middle Earth. It's like churning out Star Wars or Marvel shows. Not all of them are great but all of them are popular. It's a top tier franchise.
Old 02-10-2022, 04:06 PM   #8
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
Millions will watch and they won't care if it's accurate, woke, stupid, brilliant, etc.

It's Middle Earth. It's like churning out Star Wars or Marvel shows. Not all of them are great but all of them are popular. It's a top tier franchise.
Yup. Plus with not a ton of source material, they can be loose with the story. Look at the abomination that Peter Jackson put out known as the Hobbit trilogy. He's excellent and still put out that trash in spite of source material. I fully expect this series to be just as bad, yet just as popular.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 02-11-2022, 08:00 AM   #9
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
Yup. Plus with not a ton of source material, they can be loose with the story. Look at the abomination that Peter Jackson put out known as the Hobbit trilogy. He's excellent and still put out that trash in spite of source material. I fully expect this series to be just as bad, yet just as popular.
As I recall they forced Jackson's hand on that "trilogy". He wanted to make a single movie, and they told him it would be a "trilogy" with or without him. Hard to make chicken salad when the studio gives you a wagon load off chicken shit.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 02-10-2022, 09:55 PM   #10
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
I'm not especially optimistic either. But there's a lot you can do in series as far as world building and character development and story plots that aren't available even with a three or four part movie.

So I think the potential is there, but um, yea...
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 02-15-2022, 02:26 PM   #11
I'll be back.

Quote:
The Hobbit was fun. Bloated, but fun.

The more time we get to spend in Middle Earth, the better.

They're never going to top the original Star Wars trilogy, but I'm always thankful for more Star Wars stories.

Same here. Exploring the origins of Sauron? Epic.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-16-2022, 09:29 AM   #12
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
The Hobbit was fun. Bloated, but fun.

The more time we get to spend in Middle Earth, the better.

They're never going to top the original Star Wars trilogy, but I'm always thankful for more Star Wars stories.

Same here. Exploring the origins of Sauron? Epic.
My only complaint about that is that I wish they had started in the first age. There was some awesome and epic stuff that happened then.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 02-10-2022, 10:03 PM   #13
Most Valuable Villain

How dare this fantasy movie have castings I don’t like!?!?!

Oh shut the **** up with your woke bullshit. No one ****ing cares.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 10:49 PM   #14
MVP

They are going to ruin this with wokeness.
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-11-2022, 10:21 PM   #15
MVP

Go ahead and tell us about your black friend.
unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.