Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Yesterday, 04:27 PM  
I'll **** anything that moves!

Anyone Know Anything About Pittsburgh?

Heading to Pittsburgh next month when the Royals play the Pirates. Have always wanted to visit that ballpark so I’m taking the plunge.

I’ll arrive around noon that Friday, and I leave Sunday morning. Friday game is 6:40pm and the Saturday game is at 1:05pm. So we’ll have most of Saturday to do whatever after the game. Anyone got any rec’s for bars, restaurants, hotels or activities? Should I get a hotel near the ballpark? Anything helpful is appreciated!
GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old Yesterday, 08:26 PM   #31
Special Teams ACE!!!

Pittsburghese isn't English
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 08:58 PM   #32
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm View Post
Everyone mentions Primanti Bros. Even if it’s mediocre, I think I have to try it, if for nothing else, then to say I’ve tried it. But if there are better options, please fill me in. Having lived in NYC for 15+ years, I’m pretty sure I’ve had every great sandwich there is, but I’m always open to anything. I’m not picky, and mostly it’s just about fun and having a good time.
Dude, I lived in NYC for 17 years. 2003-2020. Crosby Connection. Original Sandwich Shoppe. Those were some proper sandwich places downtown.

Primanti Bros is a fine spot if you want the gimmicky heavy meat sandwich they're going to throw in front of you. There's nothing special or nuanced about it. If you're going for the tourist attraction, then absolutely go for it. You won't be wowed but you'll leave there satiated and feeling like you've checked something off the list. Nothing wrong with that - every experience doesn't need to be something magical. I wente ther after a Chiefs loss in December several years ago, drunk and whatever, and it was completely enjoyable if not very average.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 09:20 PM   #33
Veteran

I go there once a twice a year for work. My office is technically there though I work from home in KC.

Typically I stay in the Market Square area which is just across the river from the stadium and is a good place to stay. There’s a Primanti’s on the Square, but as has been said, it’s ultimately just a touristy sandwich place. I may have built my expectations too high as I’d seen it on some sandwiches you have to try before you die kind of show back about 15 years ago and had been wanting to try it ever since. Finally got to a few years ago, and it was fine. I haven’t made a point of visiting there my last couple trips if that’s any indicator.

If you like Thai, Nicky’s is solid and walkable if you are thinking about staying at the Renaissance.

Sounds like we’ll be just missing each other. I’ll be getting in the evening of the 15th. I wish I’d known the Royals were in town, I might’ve came a day early. Instead I set up my flight so I can watch the Chiefs play the Bengals from Midway in Chicago.
Third Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli