Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-12-2023, 02:32 PM   #2
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
This is Actually Happening.

People recount crazy experiences that they've had in their lives: I was a drug mule, I was held in an Iranian prison, my plane was hijacked, etc etc.

It can be very dark but also inspiring. And it helps to put life into context and recenter me sometimes.
TwistedChief be like, "It could be worse. I could be a drug mule imprisoned in Columbia and forced to dress like Cathie Lee Gifford and sell my anus for protection from my pimp named Juan Carlos La Verga Grande"
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2023, 02:44 PM   #3
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
TwistedChief be like, "It could be worse. I could be a drug mule imprisoned in Columbia and forced to dress like Cathie Lee Gifford and sell my anus for protection from my pimp named Juan Carlos La Verga Grande"
It helped me get over the Colts loss this year while a bunch of you bitches were falling all over yourselves trying to get Toub fired.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2023, 02:47 PM   #4
Starter

Hard to list them all but my favorites are:

Heavyweight - Nonfiction. The host tries to reconnect two people who havent spoken in a long time because of interesting circumstances. Extremely interesting and the host sprinkles in some brilliant deadpan humor.

In the scenes behind plain sight - Parody - Hosts are "humorists" which is similar to Nick Offerman's brand of comedy. Hard to explain but the show (hosted by Mike Danforth and Ian Chillag from NPR's "How to do everything") skewers the tropes of unprofessional and annoying podcasts. The premise is that the hosts are rewatching their sitcom from the early 2000s and talk about each episode. The sitcom did not exist. Seriously. Give one episode a listen and tell me its not funny.

Disgraceland - Nonfiction - Host tells the backstory of crazy musicians.

Honorable mentions:
People I mostly admire
Lex Fridman
Peter Attia
Tylerthigpen!1! is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutTylerthigpen!1! is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutTylerthigpen!1! is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutTylerthigpen!1! is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutTylerthigpen!1! is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutTylerthigpen!1! is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutTylerthigpen!1! is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutTylerthigpen!1! is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutTylerthigpen!1! is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutTylerthigpen!1! is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutTylerthigpen!1! is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 05-15-2023, 08:39 AM   #5
Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerthigpen!1! View Post

In the scenes behind plain sight - Parody - Hosts are "humorists" which is similar to Nick Offerman's brand of comedy. Hard to explain but the show (hosted by Mike Danforth and Ian Chillag from NPR's "How to do everything") skewers the tropes of unprofessional and annoying podcasts. The premise is that the hosts are rewatching their sitcom from the early 2000s and talk about each episode. The sitcom did not exist. Seriously. Give one episode a listen and tell me its not funny.

Thanks for putting me onto this one. Such a great premise and they play it so well. Gives you that awkward cringe you get watching Michael Scott do his thing (but you can't look away).
Talisman would the whole thing.Talisman would the whole thing.Talisman would the whole thing.Talisman would the whole thing.Talisman would the whole thing.Talisman would the whole thing.Talisman would the whole thing.Talisman would the whole thing.Talisman would the whole thing.Talisman would the whole thing.Talisman would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 02:48 PM   #6

Quote:

People recount crazy experiences that they've had in their lives: I was a drug mule, I was held in an Iranian prison, my plane was hijacked, etc etc.

It can be very dark but also inspiring. And it helps to put life into context and recenter me sometimes.
I'm intrigued by this one. I don't watch many of them, but at one point I remember deciding I liked movies/shows about prison because it looks so hellish and hopeless that my life by comparison seems awesome and I should be grateful.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 08:44 AM   #7
In Search of a Life

Quote:

I heard there's a new episode in June, Chiefsaholic is featured. The title is, "From Superfan to modern day Jesse James".
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2023, 02:30 PM   #8
MVP

Lex Friedman
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 05-12-2023, 03:12 PM   #9
Lurker

The Rewatchables is my favorite pod. It’s been mentioned already several times. I’ll listen to episodes even if I haven’t seen the movie if I enjoy listening to who’s on the episode. Bill, Sean and Chris are the holy trinity in that series, but I love when they get Rusillo or Kyle Brandt to throw some heat for a few movies here and there.
DanBecky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DanBecky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DanBecky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DanBecky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DanBecky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DanBecky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DanBecky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DanBecky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DanBecky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DanBecky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DanBecky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 05-12-2023, 03:27 PM   #10
Veteran

2 bears, 1 cave
Rogan
your moms house
honeydew
tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 05-12-2023, 03:41 PM   #11
Live free or die hard

Dan Carlin's "Wrath of Khans" series is simply awesome.

https://www.dancarlin.com/product/ha...-khans-series/
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2023, 04:25 PM   #12
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
A lot the ones I listen to have been mentioned.

History that Doesn't Suck is a pretty good one. Substantive enough to be worth listening but light enough in tone that it doesn't put you to sleep.

Shat the Movies is alright but they've hit a real patch of garbage movies of late.

Stuff You Should Know - listen to episodes where you DON'T know the subject matter extremely well. Topics where you do will probably annoy you.

Based on a True Story is good; takes a look at movies/shows and how they contrast to the real story.

Y'all probably know most of the sports ones. I do like The Toolshed; a little more under the radar podcast that focuses primarily on minor league baseball and some top prospects.
I couldn’t get into stuff you should know. But the rest seem right up my alley. I’ll check them out.

Quote:
Regarding Rewatchables - I'll give the first 10 minutes or so of a movie I haven't seen a listen. There's been more than a couple times it's convinced me to watch one. For instance, hadn't ever seen Chef but that podcast was so good that I kept listening.

Then I watched the movie and REALLY enjoyed it.
Chef is awesome. If you like the love of food vibe there is a Chef show on Netflix where Favreau and the consultant from the show go places and cook shit. It’s not structured. There is no arc but I couldn’t get enough of it. And it made me like Favreau even more

Quote:
Business Wars is good as well. Provides a several part history of various business rivalries. Netflix/Blockbuster, Coke/Pepsi, Nike/Adidas, Marvel/DC. There was a good one on the newspaper industry, airlines, video game consoles, McDonals/Burger King, the USFL, Ferrari/Lamborghini...

And there's a TON of content. I have no idea how they churn it out as frequently as they do but there are probably 300 episodes.

I'd find a topic in there you're interested in and give it a spin; it'll let you know if you want to keep listening anyway.
Also seems up my alley. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
Lex Friedman
I’ve watched a few of his podcasts on YouTube and his delivery is profoundly boring. But some of of the interviews are ****ing good.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2023, 04:37 PM   #13
Cynical Misanthrope

I listen to Divided Argument about Supreme Court opinions. Will Baude is pretty smart.

Martyr Made - already mentioned but really good

Legal Man - really paranoid but interesting perspective

Big Game Hunting, especially about African hunting. I really want to go some day

Various gun podcasts depending on subject. 2A scholar or anything with Dave Kopel is worth a listen. Armed Scholar and Reload are two that get a listen.

My wife and I listen to Stuff You Should Know when we are driving on vacation. I listen to that one on particular subjects though

If anybody likes true crime, listen to season one of Wondery’s Dr Death about the Texas neurosurgeon. I couldn’t stop listening.

I listened to one series from the LA Times about a lawyer charged with murder. Can’t remember the name but it was fascinating.

Institute for Justice has a good podcast depending on the subject.
frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-12-2023, 05:21 PM   #14
I'll be back.

THE SPOKEN PODCAST with LANCE TWIDWELL
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 06:44 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
THE SPOKEN PODCAST with LANCE TWIDWELL
I tried. I really did.
Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.