Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-05-2018, 05:38 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

Lord of the Rings - Rings of Power

Premieres Sept. 2nd

Last edited by BigRedChief; 07-23-2022 at 02:59 PM..
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-21-2022, 08:56 PM   #421
Ain't no relax!

I would consider myself a slightly above average Tolkien nerd. I suffered through the entire Silmarillion. Which had some really cool lore in parts, but was as exciting to read as a microwave owner's manual.

This show feels so non-Tolkien that it hurts. I mean, the scenery fits. The CGI is top notch. But poor old Tolkien would probably weep at this shit storyline were he alive to see it. Like somebody else said, this feels like the CW version of LOTR.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-22-2022, 07:17 AM   #422
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
this feels like the CW version of LOTR.
THIS is exactly what it feels like.
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-22-2022, 08:37 AM   #423
I'll be back.

badass show
for numenor!!!!!!!!

every scene with a dwarf is pure tolkien nerdgasm
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-22-2022, 08:47 AM   #424
In Search of a Life

Of course this pillowbiter loves the show
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-22-2022, 08:49 AM   #425
I'll be back.

i've never seen the orcs so scary, either

they did an amazing job
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-22-2022, 09:36 AM   #426
MVP

Spoiler!
TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 09:38 AM   #427
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
badass show
for numenor!!!!!!!!

every scene with a dwarf is pure tolkien nerdgasm
I don't mind it, im not a huge LOTR nerd though. I really enjoyed the first 3 movies. I read the hobbit and loved the books, didn't like the movies all that much though. I think with the budget they had it should be a lot better then it is though.
TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 09-22-2022, 09:39 AM   #428
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TambaBerry View Post
Spoiler!
YES!

Amazing stuff.

Cannot wait to see how the rift between Durin and his father leads to Sauron corrupting the dwarves.
Old 09-22-2022, 10:58 AM   #429
I'll be back.

Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 11:21 AM   #430
Perpetual Mediocrity

I mean, the show isn't good by any definition but it's still kind of enjoyable to watch. I'd been wanting to see Numenor on film since I read The Silmarillion 20+ years ago now and that didn't disappoint. The visuals in general haven't disappointed.

As far as plot and character development, though, they could have done so much better. From what I recollect reading Tolkien stuff all those years ago, there's a ton of interesting stuff to mine there in this world and they've only really touched the surface.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 09-22-2022, 12:35 PM   #431
Forever Royal

I liked the first trilogy and really didn’t like the Hobbit. That’s my entire exposure to this stuff. So I can’t possibly catch issues with lore or characters beyond what might be related to what’s already on screen. Though I do hate hearing when events or characters previously established are changed or altered.

A big issue I’ve noticed is that the series feels like it’s trying too hard to be epic. So many drawn out shots or grandiose music that isn’t necessary. And the poorly executed scenes can really take you out of it.
mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-22-2022, 12:54 PM   #432
MVP

SJW garbage.

Misusing another classic piece of literature.
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 01:08 PM   #433
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP View Post
SJW garbage.

Misusing another classic piece of literature.
nothing remotely sjw about it
Old 09-22-2022, 01:21 PM   #434
Immanentize The Eschaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by TambaBerry View Post
Spoiler!
Yeah. It was retconned into The Hobbit, apparently. It's mithril.
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-22-2022, 01:24 PM   #435
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
nothing remotely sjw about it
I wouldn't say "nothing".

They literally introduced the black elf in the most SJW way possible.

Aside from that scene, and the casting choices, then sure.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote