Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-13-2023, 01:31 PM   #4171
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
Who ****ing cares if the offense has hit its ceiling if you win a SB?

And who is say that Rice doesn’t continue to improve, the offense finds some rhythm, and we win a SB with the 10th ranked offense and 7th ranked defense?

You’re pigeon-holing what this team needs to be based on your narrow view of the WR room. There are plenty of ways for this team to succeed versus the 2018 squad you envy that couldn’t accomplish anything without Mahomes going nuclear.
So if we won before with an above average defense why do you care about making it top 5? You’re pigeon holing that this defense needs to be top 5 despite lack of evidence that this is a winning formula. I’m not saying that’s bad to have a top 5 defense, but since you’re throwing out hypothetical scenarios

That is just my personal preference. I want the best possible version of mahomes in the 4th quarter and I want the ball in his hands, not rely on the defense to make lots of stops. I trust Reid to over time consistently field a top offense more than I trust spags (not a knock on spags, it’s more a tip of the hat to Reid). So yeah I want the best possible offense and I think as good as we’ve been we can improve while still maintaining a really good defense.

I know you don’t agree and that’s ok. I would rather have the best version of offense out there and it’s less about lighting scoreboards up and more about knowing there are things we just can’t do without legit x/y’s.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-13-2023, 01:35 PM   #4172
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
So if we won before with an above average defense why do you care about making it top 5? You’re pigeon holing that this defense needs to be top 5 despite lack of evidence that this is a winning formula. I’m not saying that’s bad to have a top 5 defense, but since you’re throwing out hypothetical scenarios

That is just my personal preference. I want the best possible version of mahomes in the 4th quarter and I want the ball in his hands, not rely on the defense to make lots of stops. I trust Reid to over time consistently field a top offense more than I trust spags (not a knock on spags, it’s more a tip of the hat to Reid). So yeah I want the best possible offense and I think as good as we’ve been we can improve while still maintaining a really good defense.

I know you don’t agree and that’s ok. I would rather have the best version of offense out there and it’s less about lighting scoreboards up and more about knowing there are things we just can’t do without legit x/y’s.
Let's say that Rashee Rice does emerge in the next 6 weeks as the guy out of the jumbled mess at WR we have.

Are we also to assume it will be just as easy for him when he becomes the marked man besides Kelce?

That's why it is irresponsible to place our entire SB run on one rookie WR.

Just add another vet WR and give ourselves more room for error as well as patience.
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-13-2023, 01:42 PM   #4173
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
Let's say that Rashee Rice does emerge in the next 6 weeks as the guy out of the jumbled mess at WR we have.

Are we also to assume it will be just as easy for him when he becomes the marked man besides Kelce?

Just add another vet WR and give ourselves more room for error as well as patience.
I’m skeptical we’ll find a wr like that midseason. But I’m certainly not against the idea if a reasonable option becomes available.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-13-2023, 01:46 PM   #4174
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
Sure. I agree. I didn't say I knew those guys were sure things. Just think it's disingenuous acting like getting that type of player next to Tyreek would have meant sacrificing a good defense or O-line etc.
In free agency it would. And create holes you have to draft to fill.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-13-2023, 01:48 PM   #4175
MVP

Quote:

Like ****ing who? You guys keep on with this nonsense, but who? As if they would walk in knowing the offense.

And Hardman never did, so spare me that.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-13-2023, 01:49 PM   #4176
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Like ****ing who? You guys keep on with this nonsense, but who? As if they would walk in knowing the offense.

And Hardman never did, so spare me that.
Braxton Berrios!
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-13-2023, 01:50 PM   #4177
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post

There’s no part of me that’s saying we need to have a top-5 defense nor am I saying I have a very strong preference for whatever formula this team chooses to win with.

My only point all along is that we won a SB with the best offense in the league that isn’t meaningfully different from the one we have now. Are there differences? For sure. Is it possible the league has caught up to us? Also possible. The truth I’m sure lies somewhere in between.

But I was skeptical of the WR room last year and they produced that output. We’re relying upon younger players this year and the team is clearly still finding their way. I am more than fine if they are able to find someone to add to the room that Veach thinks is worth it. But we know he’s not going to panic or overpay because that’s just not his MO. And it shouldn’t be given the track record, the coach/QB combo, and the fact that there’s still a very good chance this offense by January will be far more in rhythm than it’s been thus far.

I just want us to win another SB. That’s all. I don’t care how Veach and Reid choose to attempt to do it.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-13-2023, 01:50 PM   #4178
Banned!

Quote:

Why "another"? We already HAVE vet WRs.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-13-2023, 01:52 PM   #4179
Banned!

Quote:
There’s no part of me that’s saying we need to have a top-5 defense nor am I saying I have a very strong preference for whatever formula this team chooses to win with.

My only point all along is that we won a SB with the best offense in the league that isn’t meaningfully different from the one we have now. Are there differences? For sure. Is it possible the league has caught up to us? Also possible. The truth I’m sure lies somewhere in between.

But I was skeptical of the WR room last year and they produced that output. We’re relying upon younger players this year and the team is clearly still finding their way. I am more than fine if they are able to find someone to add to the room that Veach thinks is worth it. But we know he’s not going to panic or overpay because that’s just not his MO. And it shouldn’t be given the track record, the coach/QB combo, and the fact that there’s still a very good chance this offense by January will be far more in rhythm than it’s been thus far.

I just want us to win another SB. That’s all. I don’t care how Veach and Reid choose to attempt to do it.
Two new tackles, a new OC, new faces/responsibilities for the WRs, AND the league has most certainly adjusted. It might take a minute.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 01:54 PM   #4180
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
Why "another"? We already HAVE vet WRs.
A vet that creates matchup problems.

We have zero of those.
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-13-2023, 01:54 PM   #4181
Forever Royal

Through five games the WR group had basically identical stats this season as last season. I’m confident they will keep improving provided Reid gives them the chance which I’m sure he will.
mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-13-2023, 01:56 PM   #4182
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Braxton Berrios!
Berrios > Sky Moore.

Difference is we are playing Moore a lot more than the Dolphins are playing Berrios who is a much better football player.

I wasn't pumped about the Moore pick because his ceiling looked like a Renfrow. Unfortunately he hasn't even touched that.
Old 10-13-2023, 01:58 PM   #4183
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
In free agency it would. And create holes you have to draft to fill.
We're not the most active team in free agency anyways. And you can always restructure deals as needed. Hell we just added 40mil to Pat's cap space over the next 4 years just to keep him happy so it's clearly not a limiter to our moves.

But what's done is done. We've moved on and already won a championship doing it this way. Still think we can win one this year. But our WRs will either need to improve big time over the season or we'll have to make a move before the trade deadline for a guy like Hollywood Brown or Hopkins. A guy who can come in and instantly be a starter along with Rice who is clearly starter material already.
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-13-2023, 02:01 PM   #4184
Why so serious?

Can you imagine pining for a guy who is in his 5th year in the league and has never had more than 450yds receiving? As the clear answer to our problems?
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-13-2023, 02:04 PM   #4185
Generational Player

Quote:
Can you imagine pining for a guy who is in his 5th year in the league and has never had more than 450yds receiving? As the clear answer to our problems?
Can you imagine not watching football games and judging talent only on stats you saw on a sheet?!'