Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-27-2017, 07:19 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****

IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!

Last edited by Dante84; 05-17-2017 at 09:40 AM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 05:01 PM   #40891
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
Eberflus got a whole ass makeover in prep for Caleb and Hard Knocks. Dude looks like a gayer Mike Martz

Reminds me of Cutler going from Denver to Chicago and went Vogue

Williams is a unique character with some obvious talent with talent around him, but man, he's likely going to have to endure a regime change
I'll ask you, because im bias in this but....Doesn't Caleb seem kinda....soft? He doesn't strike me as a leader of men.

Caleb may have some Mahomes in his game, but he's NOTHING like Mahomes the man.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 05:07 PM   #40892
You gotta kill a few people

I watched the first episode of Hard Knocks so I’m basically an expert on his psyche now.

I’d say he’s got a little edge to him. I see that mostly in his cocky demeanor.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 05:14 PM   #40893
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxSocks View Post
In all honesty, i'm being petty. But i don't care. Some college kid saying there's nothing Mahomes can do that he can't? Bitch please.

Kiss the ****ing ring.
We're in the era of pipe dreams and fantasies being the only acceptable mindset for athletes. It's unfortunate, because in the end I think it's pretty destructive.

John Harbaugh says absolutely silly ridiculous shit about Lamar Jackson and his aspirations and potential to be the best ever, and we're supposed to praise him because "What else is he supposed to say about his QB???"

If a player in the limelight doesn't explicitly say he thinks he can be better than the NFL's best, he's not confident and a loser.

Whatever happened to the boring ol' "One practice at a time, one day at a time, just keep improving" mindset that every athlete under the sun would spout? When did it turn into this nonsense?

I wouldn't be at all surprised if some douche on the Panthers were to say he thinks Bryce Young is the best QB in the NFL.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 05:24 PM   #40894
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxSocks View Post
I'll ask you, because im bias in this but....Doesn't Caleb seem kinda....soft? He doesn't strike me as a leader of men.

Caleb may have some Mahomes in his game, but he's NOTHING like Mahomes the man.
You know, I think he actually strives to be great, is competitive, and think he's willing to work towards it, but its going to come down to his ability to fail then adjust. His comments about PM is where he needs a coach to reign him in, hold him accountable, and harness his talents and personality...and the Bears most likely aren't it

They drafted Rome Odunze, have DJ Moore, Kmet as a legit TE, and Keenan Allen for at most 6-7 games before he gets hurt

So the opportunity is there and I believe he has it, but only in the right circumstance before his personality + losing becomes an issue and he gets coaches/GMs fired before fading out of the league

Andy could make this guy a killer though
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 05:24 PM   #40895
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
I don't get these people.

The irony is that Mahomes has more rings and SB MVPs than Rodgers and Stafford combined.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:45 PM   #40896
MVP

Staley Da Bear can wear pacifier pasties on his 00s
Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old Today, 06:03 PM   #40897
I'll be back.

we're in for some special vibes this year

Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 06:08 PM   #40898
YOU take YOUR seat

Quote:

in 5 years when we are talking about busts we're gonna be arguing if it's Jemarcus Russel, Ryan Leaf or Caleb bitch ass Williams!
Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 06:38 PM   #40899
Why so serious?

He’s wrong and it’s a stupid take. But in the clips I saw he doesn’t address Mahomes at all. He’s just acting fanboy about Stafford and then says he doesn’t think even 2 QBs are better than him. And then he follows that up with the view that Rodgers ranks first in his book.

I read it as 80% “these are the QBs I’ve watched during my formative years who influenced me most” and 20% “throwing shade at Mahomes.”

This is the opposite of how Mahomes has always carried himself. As I’ve mentioned before, he’s far, far more edgy and salty in person but would never in a million years put these hot takes out there in the world.

Caleb is definitely going about it a different way.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:00 PM   #40900
sorta mod-ish

Quote:

Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 07:04 PM   #40901
In Search of a Life

Caleb strikes me as a guy with lots of ability who teammates will never really love. So maybe the Rodgers comparison makes sense. because mahomes is an elite QB on his own physical ability. But it's the mental stuff that puts him in the GOAT conversation.

Unlike Stafford he finds ways to win games
Unlike Aaron, mahomes is an incredible leader who teammates love to play with. Actually Aaron is a better version of Stafford because super bowl aside, aaron has had a spotty playoff career
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 07:06 PM   #40902
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:

Mahomes is taking notes rookie.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 07:13 PM   #40903
World's Best Boss

Caleb has always had a chip on his shoulder when it’s come to Patrick. In college he was getting asked about his comparisons to Patrick so often that he snapped one day and said “the only difference between Mahomes and I is that I can throw the ball further.”

On one hand, I can empathize with how questions like this could get frustrating when you’re trying to blaze your own trail and it’s being assumed you’ve been influenced by someone who never influenced you.

On the other, Mahomes was compared to Favre quite often until his Brees/Brady esque 2022 season (Year 6 in the league), and never once took the “risk taking gunslinger” comparison as an insult and let his play rather than his words bury those comparisons (funnily enough, Josh Allen has always looked like a Favre with legs to me but rarely gets that comparison).

Caleb approached college with the same bravado and it made the haters extra delightful when he had high profile chokes against Tulane and other lesser teams. We’ll see if he shakes his college reputation like Mahomes did, because he’ll have to do it with stratospheric like expectations (because unlike Mahomes & Favre, he’s being compared to the best).
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 07:27 PM   #40904
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
Caleb has always had a chip on his shoulder when it’s come to Patrick. In college he was getting asked about his comparisons to Patrick so often that he snapped one day and said “the only difference between Mahomes and I is that I can throw the ball further.”

On one hand, I can empathize with how questions like this could get frustrating when you’re trying to blaze your own trail and it’s being assumed you’ve been influenced by someone who never influenced you.

On the other, Mahomes was compared to Favre quite often until his Brees/Brady esque 2022 season (Year 6 in the league), and never once took the “risk taking gunslinger” comparison as an insult and let his play rather than his words bury those comparisons (funnily enough, Josh Allen has always looked like a Favre with legs to me but rarely gets that comparison).

Caleb approached college with the same bravado and it made the haters extra delightful when he had high profile chokes against Tulane and other lesser teams. We’ll see if he shakes his college reputation like Mahomes did, because he’ll have to do it with stratospheric like expectations (because unlike Mahomes & Favre, he’s being compared to the best).
I think Mahomes always viewed it as an honor to be compared with Hall of Fame players. It is a pretty big compliment to have your arm talent compared to guys like Favre or Rodgers.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old Today, 07:27 PM   #40905
Veteran

Here's hoping Caleb has a Ryan Leaf type of meltdown.
RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.