Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-05-2018, 05:38 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

Lord of the Rings - Rings of Power

Premieres Sept. 2nd

Last edited by BigRedChief; 07-23-2022 at 02:59 PM..
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-12-2022, 11:19 AM   #376
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Better than the movie franchise so far.

Much like Star Wars, i'm not a huge fan boi of the LOTR franchise though ive seen all the movies multiple times.

But i am a fan boi of CGI/Fantasy/Sci-Fi etc.

And as such, im enjoying this series.

Matter of fact my wife caught some glimpses of it and i think their world creation has caught her interest. And she ****ing HATES LOTR movies. (why i have no idea. She loves high-fantasy. It's those ****ing hobbits i tell ya)
Erroneous!
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 01:42 PM   #377
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Erroneous!
Yeah, those movies are great. It's honestly not even fair to compare this show to those movies because it will almost certainly pale in comparison no matter what it accomplishes.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 09-13-2022, 07:05 AM   #378
11-5, baby

I’ll keep watching, but the dialog and costumes are ridiculous.
Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-13-2022, 09:56 AM   #379
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson View Post
I’ll keep watching, but the dialog and costumes are ridiculous.
You prefer something a bit more tropical?
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2022, 10:04 AM   #380
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
You prefer something a bit more tropical?
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-14-2022, 03:26 PM   #381
Beyond the Rapids

So, I'm interested in the concept and I don't know what to think; reviews all seem political.

Is it worth watching, or don't bother?
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-14-2022, 04:31 PM   #382
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razaele View Post
So, I'm interested in the concept and I don't know what to think; reviews all seem political.

Is it worth watching, or don't bother?
I would say if you liked the original LOTR, then they are worth watching. That said, 3 episodes in, they are underwhelming and fairly boring. A lot of these streaming series are falling into the trap of taking a 2 1/2 hour movie and stretching it out to 10 1-hour episodes, bloated with extra slow-moving background on every episode. So far I am not that impressed with it. But I am still hopeful that the action will pick up.
DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.
Old 09-14-2022, 05:52 PM   #383
In Search of a Life

Next episode will be very telling. There are only 8 episodes, and halfway through a season is where things should really start to pick up.

If episode 4 is as boring as the first 3, that probably means the payoff won't be there this season.

I will say, even though it wasn't necessarily good, episode 3 was at least the best one yet.
Old 09-14-2022, 11:24 PM   #384
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC_Chief View Post
LOTR: Discovery.

Amazon didn't just screw the pooch with this absolute nonsense, but they taped it to the floor, reamed it with a pineapple, filmed it, and dared you to dislike it. If you did/do, they instantly labeled you a nazi rayciss.

WE WUZ RANGS, YA'LL!

Might as well have had the CW vomit out this tripe.
If you enjoy it, cool, I guess. Just don't try telling Tolkien fans they have to like it. If you do, expect to be told in 50 different ways how you are a complete ****ing reerun with zero taste.

Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 07:15 AM   #385
Immanentize The Eschaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTwister View Post
I would say if you liked the original LOTR, then they are worth watching. That said, 3 episodes in, they are underwhelming and fairly boring. A lot of these streaming series are falling into the trap of taking a 2 1/2 hour movie and stretching it out to 10 1-hour episodes, bloated with extra slow-moving background on every episode. So far I am not that impressed with it. But I am still hopeful that the action will pick up.
This show does a lot of that. Brief shots of beautiful backgrounds are nice enough. But there are pauses with no one talking, with characters just standing around and reacting with facial expressions in situations where it isn't warranted. A lot of that in the snoozy shitfest that is the Harfoot section of the show.
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-15-2022, 07:38 AM   #386
MVP

1st episode in and I fell fast asleep.
Better then a gummy.
Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.Graystoke is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-15-2022, 11:42 AM   #387
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TambaBerry View Post
Wait meteor man is gandalf?
Who else could he be? Old guy with beard, has a special connection with hobbits, clearly a magic user.

Remember, of all "the Wise" in middle earth, Gandalf is the only one who thinks much of hobbits. They're clearly setting up the backstory for that attitude.
JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 09-15-2022, 12:50 PM   #388
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyV13 View Post
Who else could he be? Old guy with beard, has a special connection with hobbits, clearly a magic user.

Remember, of all "the Wise" in middle earth, Gandalf is the only one who thinks much of hobbits. They're clearly setting up the backstory for that attitude.
Could be Sauron. I've seen quite a few suggestions of that online.

Gandalf in the books wasn't supposed to be in Middle Earth till much later. But they could definitely be creating something new with Gandalf that wasn't in the books. Who knows.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-15-2022, 12:51 PM   #389
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TambaBerry View Post
Wait meteor man is gandalf?
Quote:

"I have seen shit that will turn you white"
Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-15-2022, 01:16 PM   #390
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Quote:

Wizard werent in middle earth yet
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.