Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-27-2021, 07:10 PM  
Life is changing..

Let's talk about the Cleveland Browns

Week 1.

Chiefs vs Browns.

Talk about it here.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-02-2021, 08:12 AM   #361
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Someone who always called your boi Alex Smith out for what he was. A chickenshit checkdown artist who was never going to carry a team in the playoffs.

Someone who always called you out as a team-hopping dork.

Someone who will always remind you that you're not liked or wanted around here after your years-long campaign to desperately defend your boi.

Die in an AIDS fire.
This. I just can't imagine being such a groupie for a player that you become a fan of whatever team he is on. It's just weird. Good thing this groupie only comes around now when KC plays Cleveland. He acts like he doesn't care, yet he is on this board. Not like someone followed him to whatever board he now hangs out at.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 09-02-2021, 08:13 AM   #362
XBOX GT MAVS ACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastsidedawg View Post
i mean your not wrong it will be interesting if the chiefs play as aggressive. Will they leave OBJ and Schwartz on an island with their CB's?
They won’t. We know that answer, and because of that Chubb is going to have more room to operate. The Chiefs will still win, but it won’t be nearly as lopsided as a lot of fans think. It’s fine. September games don’t mean shit. And I’ll say that even if the Browns won. We lost 38-6 last year to Baltimore and went 11-5.
Mav is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mav is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mav is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mav is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mav is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mav is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mav is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mav is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mav is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mav is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mav is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-02-2021, 08:14 AM   #363
MVP

**** the Browns, let's talk about ticket prices.

$260 face value for an upper level endzone seat?

I guess the AFCCG against NE will be the last game I attend at Arrowhead.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-02-2021, 08:17 AM   #364
XBOX GT MAVS ACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
This. I just can't imagine being such a groupie for a player that you become a fan of whatever team he is on. It's just weird. Good thing this groupie only comes around now when KC plays Cleveland. He acts like he doesn't care, yet he is on this board. Not like someone followed him to whatever board he now hangs out at.
That’s the beauty of it. I come around rarely, yet even when I come with respectful intent I can trigger so many who are irritated at the fact I liked a player. I still follow the Chiefs, I love what they have done. I’m at peace with myself and respect the many great posters here enough to only post here when necessary because even when I do post, on topic and appropriately, fine members such as yourself and Duncan attack unprovoked. I just laugh and move on my guy. You guys can stay mad. I’m really unbothered. Enjoy your week friend.
Mav is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mav is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mav is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mav is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mav is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mav is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mav is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mav is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mav is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mav is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mav is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-02-2021, 08:17 AM   #365
XBOX GT MAVS ACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 View Post

That’s wild.
Old 09-02-2021, 08:25 AM   #366
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by runyon27 View Post
Browns fan here. I read through this thread and found it quite interesting to say the least when it comes to an analysis of the Browns. First, I give the Browns about a 2% shot to win this game. The defense is overhauled and I think it needs playing time together to be at its best. I would rather have had this game in November or later to give the Browns a better shot.

The defense we trotted out in playoff game last yr wasn't good. Garrett wasn't even right, he was still recovering from the affects of his COVID stint and wasn't the same after coming back. He should be back to form for week 1.

The Browns secondary last yr was pretty bad. We had guys like Robert Jackson, Tavier Thomas, Andrew Sendejo, MJ Stewart, Kevin Johnson, and Karl Joseph starting at various times in the secondary last yr. It was pretty bad. All of those guys are gone except MJ. I suspect the secondary will be much better, even for week 1 because the talent level will be much better even if the chemistry won't be at its optimal. We will be playing the following guys week 1 most likely:

Greg Newsome - 1st Rd draft pick in this past draft
John Johnson - Safety from Rams last year
Troy Hill - slot corner from Rams
Denzel Ward- starter last year
Greedy Williams - Missed all last year due to shoulder injury
Grant Delpit - Missed all rookie yr last yr with ACL injury
Ronnie Harrison - Safety from Jaguars, played well last year for us.

The upgrade in talent will help, how much I can't say, but it cant be worse than Robert Jackson and Tavier Thomas and Andrew Sendejo.

The DL did go through changes. I do wish we had kept Shelden Richardson, he played well last yr. Ogunjobi did have flash plays but they were few and far between. I think the DT unit will be better with both Malik McDowell and Malik Jackson. The DE group I think depends on how well Clowney plays, if he can cause pressure I think he will get sacks with Myles helping him out. He wont be double teamed like he has been in the past. He needs to stay healthy though. Clowney has stated this is the best he has felt in a while, we haven't seen in play yet in the preseason so my expectations are tampered until I see how he plays.

As far as the offense goes, I think we are fine. OBJ whether he has chemistry or not will affect the Chiefs defense, they won't be able to be so tight on the WRs as they were in the playoffs due to the speed and ability of OBJ. We also added Anthony Schwartz from the draft who is just as fast as Hill, but no where near the WR as Hill, but his speed will help loosen up the defense.

I see alot of people ragging on Baker, even some saying he was a dink and dunker even though he was one of the best QBs in the league on deep passes last year. I think another year with the same coaching staff will elevate his game as he will understand the offense much better and be far more comfortable. You saw this in the 2nd half of the season where he was one of the top QBs in the league the 2nd half of the year.

In the end I expect the Chiefs to win and probably by double digits as I don't think the Browns defense will have gelled enough to cause problems from KC. I think our best hope to win is that the Chiefs offensive line with all its new players has issues that Garrett and Clowney can take advantage of.
I have no doubt that the Browns' D will be improved, but the Chiefs' O will also be much improved from what you faced in that game. Their OL was garbage and Edwards-Helaire was out. Every position on the OL is likely upgraded from that day, and two or three of them substantially.

In general, I wish the Browns luck and would actually prefer to see them have some success. That fanbase has been loyal to a franchise that's given them no reason to be. But it's annoying that the media and some fans have been so quick to anoint them contenders the past few years before they've accomplished anything. They did show signs of progressing at the end of last year, and made some upgrades in the offseason, but I'm still not sure they're on the level of the elite.
RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 09-02-2021, 08:31 AM   #367
Supporter

Quote:

Better experience at home in front of giant TV anyways. Cheaper booze and no bathroom lines.
penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.penguinz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 08:34 AM   #368
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:

Yeah, and that's down significantly from the $750/ticket a couple months ago (face value).

I paid less than that for both AFCCGs (before fees, anyway), and sat first row upper deck behind an end zone for the Titans.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 08:35 AM   #369
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinz View Post
Better experience at home in front of giant TV anyways. Cheaper booze and no bathroom lines.
Plastic flasks and hold it.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-02-2021, 08:36 AM   #370
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Yeah, and that's down significantly from the $750/ticket a couple months ago (face value).

I paid less than that for both AFCCGs (before fees, anyway), and sat first row upper deck behind an end zone for the Titans.
These ****ing clowns wanted $750 face value for a regular season game?

GTFOH

IIRC, Tiny E and I paid $500 face value to sit front row lower level for the AFCCG.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-02-2021, 08:36 AM   #371
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastsidedawg View Post
Attachment 123028

i just named like 10 things of the top of my head ... but for real what do people do in KC i have never been.

a browns tailgate in the muni lot is pretty epic
You realize that's a sad as **** tailgate experience compared to Arrowhead right?
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-02-2021, 08:39 AM   #372
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav View Post
That’s the beauty of it. I come around rarely, yet even when I come with respectful intent I can trigger so many who are irritated at the fact I liked a player. I still follow the Chiefs, I love what they have done. I’m at peace with myself and respect the many great posters here enough to only post here when necessary because even when I do post, on topic and appropriately, fine members such as yourself and Duncan attack unprovoked. I just laugh and move on my guy. You guys can stay mad. I’m really unbothered. Enjoy your week friend.
Funny thing about that. I only commented about you when you attacked Duncan (not like he needs me defending him, but still). Why would we be mad? We were an offside from being in three straight SBs. We have one SB title already, the best QB in football by a mile, the best HC and one of if not the best front offices in the league. The Chiefs are the model everyone wants to emulate from top down. Life is good for us. That's why outside of a few random posters we stay and discuss football here and don't run to other boards to talk smack.

You are not worth getting mad over. The only difference between you and any other opposing fan is that you have more of a history here because of your groupie like obsession with Alex Smith. But just like every other opposing fan, we just have to weather the storm of your posts until after the game and you vanish only to be replaced by fans of another team. We have seen this story time and again with Browns fans, Titans fans, 49er fans, Bills fans etc....
Old 09-02-2021, 08:40 AM   #373
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Tail gating at Arrowhead is far and away the best in the league, I'd argue the world.
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 08:40 AM   #374
Three-Pat

Quote:
These ****ing clowns wanted $750 face value for a regular season game?

GTFOH

IIRC, Tiny E and I paid $500 face value to sit front row lower level for the AFCCG.
That's ridiculous. They need to watch what they charge because at some point tickets are going to be too high for people to afford/be willing to pay.
Old 09-02-2021, 08:44 AM   #375
Consuming CP souls

Imagine bragging about Faker Mayday on a board of fans with Mahomes. It is literally unreal.
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.