Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-10-2023, 10:28 PM   #3586
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM08 View Post
Where are the chip-shot field goals? I gave you the comparison of the first 5 games of 2022 and 2023. The 2022 kneel-outs happened at mid-field...not easy range for any kicker. Even if you don't want to give KC a touchdown against the Jaguars, Mahomes was walking into the end zone against the Jets when he slid to the ground. That's undeniable.

Here's another factor. The opponents are scoring 9 points per game less against the Chiefs in 2023 compared to 2022 for the first 5 games. I tend to think Andy would amp up some things if he felt they needed to do it in a shootout scenario.
What is a chip shot TD?!

Anyway, we've beaten a dead horse here.

Give them points this year and not last year all you like.
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-10-2023, 10:29 PM   #3587
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
What is a chip shot TD?!

Mahomes slide against the Jets is the definition of it, lol
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 10:30 PM   #3588
MVP

Quote:
So you're assuming that near the goal line we make a TD and when in FG range we just miss the fg?

Plus this is just when we had the ball last. Plenty of other games we took the air out early.

Maybe consider what also is obvious watching-the offense not as good.
Mahomes could have walked one of those in (cost me money, the bastard) and it’s safe to say they’d have scored on the other. When’s the last time they failed to score with first and goal at the 1?
RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 10-10-2023, 10:33 PM   #3589
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar View Post
Mahomes could have walked one of those in (cost me money, the bastard) and it’s safe to say they’d have scored on the other. When’s the last time they failed to score with first and goal at the 1?
As I said, find potential points in only one year and ignore the other and you can make the stats look better.
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-10-2023, 10:34 PM   #3590
MVP

Quote:
Where are the chip-shot field goals? I gave you the comparison of the first 5 games of 2022 and 2023. The 2022 kneel-outs happened at mid-field...not easy range for any kicker. Even if you don't want to give KC a touchdown against the Jaguars, Mahomes was walking into the end zone against the Jets when he slid to the ground. That's undeniable.

Here's another factor. The opponents are scoring 9 points per game less against the Chiefs in 2023 compared to 2022 for the first 5 games. I tend to think Andy would amp up some things if he felt they needed to do it in a shootout scenario.
It’s no coincidence that we saw Mahomes’ and the offense’s numbers dip when the D improved in 2019.
RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 10-10-2023, 10:47 PM   #3591
MVP

Quote:
As I said, find potential points in only one year and ignore the other and you can make the stats look better.
5-game sample vs 17-game sample. The 5-game sample is drastically impacted by the kneel-outs at the goal line. They didn't have that scenario in 2022. I'm curious to see how the stats look by the end of the season. I tend to think they will not keep finishing games on the opponent's goal line, but who knows. Maybe it will just be part of their strategy now.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 10-10-2023, 10:50 PM   #3592
Generational Player

Quote:
5-game sample vs 17-game sample. The 5-game sample is drastically impacted by the kneel-outs at the goal line. They didn't have that scenario in 2022. I'm curious to see how the stats look by the end of the season. I tend to think they will not keep finishing games on the opponent's goal line, but who knows. Maybe it will just be part of their strategy now.
There were plenty of points that we could have scored in 2022 as well where we we content to run clock.

Again, you seem determined to only want to find points for 2023 but that's your right.
Old 10-10-2023, 10:56 PM   #3593
MVP

Quote:
There were plenty of points that we could have scored in 2022 as well where we we content to run clock.

Again, you seem determined to only want to find points for 2023 but that's your right.
You brought up points per play. I specifically compared the first 5 games in another post. They ran 25 plays to burn clock in those 2 kneel-out games this year. Last year through Week 5, they had 2 games where they kneeled out at mid-field and ran a combined 3 plays on those 2 games. 25 plays or 3 plays? Doesn't look like an apples to apples comparison.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 11:16 PM   #3594
MVP

Quote:
Getting just past midfield guarantees nothing. Also, there was at least one defensive score in the first five games last year. All things considered, the production was pretty similar at this point. Same number of punts (15) in about the same number of drives.

If last year’s team had this year’s defense, I doubt they score 40 vs the Cardinals and Bucs. Mahomes may have even been pulled in those games. And if this year’s team had last year’s defense, they probably drop 50 on the Bears.
Old 10-10-2023, 11:20 PM   #3595
Generational Player

Quote:
Getting just past midfield guarantees nothing. Also, there was at least one defensive score in the first five games last year. All things considered, the production was pretty similar at this point. Same number of punts (15) in about the same number of drives.

If last year’s team had this year’s defense, I doubt they score 40 vs the Cardinals and Bucs. Mahomes may have even been pulled in those games. And if this year’s team had last year’s defense, they probably drop 50 on the Bears.
Yes, if you only manufacture points for this year, sure.

Do you think Butker misses a field goal under 30 yards?

And the kneel downs was introduced as the standard. I can find plenty of games in 2022 where Mahomes and Reid were running out clock early in 2022.

You realize when we are run run run at the end of a game we aren't trying to score, right?
Old 10-11-2023, 03:51 AM   #3596
I love your mom

Quote:
It's also okay to have a little patience. When Reid says that he's working the young guys in slowly, he's not just talking out of his ass. It's pointless to judge this receiving corps at the beginning of the year. The best talents are probably the least experienced.

Tyreek Hill had 87 receiving yds after his first 5 games under Reid. But for some reason, we're expecting 100/game from Rice? The game that Justyn Ross just had (2 catches for 28) would have been Tyreek's best game 5 weeks into his career.

I guess I just don't see what people are freaking out about. KC is a few fluke plays from 5-0. Like Nick Wright said, they're treating games like practice and still winning. The passing game will obviously be smoother by the end of the year than it is now.
They have been doing this since the SB will in 2019 just sleepwalk and play pretty vanilla during the regular season , test things out, I remember saying how bored they looked like a few times in 2020
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 05:15 AM   #3597
MVP

Quote:
I don't really believe much in development at WR as in a player that has physical gifts learns to play the position in the NFL.

The only two cases I can think of are Steve Smith and Tyreek Hill as players that got significantly better in the NFL.

Usually if you draft a guy that has no craft, can't run routes-that player still sucks at it in the NFL.

When we drafted Hardman we passed on guys like McLaurin and Diontae Johnson.

Yes there is a a learning curve as to learning playbook, offense, adapting to NFL speed.

But McLaurin was running those crisp, precise routes at Ohio State while Hardman wasn't.
This is a completely wrong take.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 05:23 AM   #3598
MVP

Quote:
You would have to assume we never kneeled on a ball before this year, it's Andy Reid. We call the dogs off and always have.
Big difference between a kneeldown with first down inside the five and anywhere else if you're talking about scoring aptitude. We literally declined a minimum of six points. Over a five game sample size it's significant.

I don't know why you guys have to try so hard to cherry pick and exaggerate to try to make a point.

Literally nobody thinks the offense is humming along at the level we expect.

The only difference is that some of you are impatient and think it won't get better, and some of us are expecting it to improve a little every week. Which it is.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-11-2023, 05:29 AM   #3599
MVP

Quote:

This is an important point.

It's a team sport. This is a much better defense to start this year than any previous Mahomes year. And it's about to get a shot in the arm with Omenihu's return.

Maybe this offense finishes top five statistically instead of number one. But if the defense is top five too that's an awfully tough team to beat.
Old 10-11-2023, 06:22 AM   #3600
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
This is a completely wrong take.
It’s a little absolute but a lot of it makes sense. In the past we’ve tried to bring in pure athletes and hoped the fundamentals and instincts could be learned. Skyy wasn’t quite the same athlete but we thought he had the measurabkes to be a man beater. And that’s fine if you want to relegate them to a specific role. But hard to dispute that rashee and Ross (at least vs Minnesota) just flat out get open with the frequency other receivers don’t. And the biggest thing that stands out in how isn’t their raw physical talent, it’s their feel for the position.

It’s still smart to fill the back half of our wr depth with athletes and role players. But I think guys who flat out know how to play the position go a long way in this offense.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.