Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-27-2021, 07:10 PM  
Life is changing..

Let's talk about the Cleveland Browns

Week 1.

Chiefs vs Browns.

Talk about it here.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-01-2021, 07:12 PM   #331
Rookie

Browns fan here. I read through this thread and found it quite interesting to say the least when it comes to an analysis of the Browns. First, I give the Browns about a 2% shot to win this game. The defense is overhauled and I think it needs playing time together to be at its best. I would rather have had this game in November or later to give the Browns a better shot.

The defense we trotted out in playoff game last yr wasn't good. Garrett wasn't even right, he was still recovering from the affects of his COVID stint and wasn't the same after coming back. He should be back to form for week 1.

The Browns secondary last yr was pretty bad. We had guys like Robert Jackson, Tavier Thomas, Andrew Sendejo, MJ Stewart, Kevin Johnson, and Karl Joseph starting at various times in the secondary last yr. It was pretty bad. All of those guys are gone except MJ. I suspect the secondary will be much better, even for week 1 because the talent level will be much better even if the chemistry won't be at its optimal. We will be playing the following guys week 1 most likely:

Greg Newsome - 1st Rd draft pick in this past draft
John Johnson - Safety from Rams last year
Troy Hill - slot corner from Rams
Denzel Ward- starter last year
Greedy Williams - Missed all last year due to shoulder injury
Grant Delpit - Missed all rookie yr last yr with ACL injury
Ronnie Harrison - Safety from Jaguars, played well last year for us.

The upgrade in talent will help, how much I can't say, but it cant be worse than Robert Jackson and Tavier Thomas and Andrew Sendejo.

The DL did go through changes. I do wish we had kept Shelden Richardson, he played well last yr. Ogunjobi did have flash plays but they were few and far between. I think the DT unit will be better with both Malik McDowell and Malik Jackson. The DE group I think depends on how well Clowney plays, if he can cause pressure I think he will get sacks with Myles helping him out. He wont be double teamed like he has been in the past. He needs to stay healthy though. Clowney has stated this is the best he has felt in a while, we haven't seen in play yet in the preseason so my expectations are tampered until I see how he plays.

As far as the offense goes, I think we are fine. OBJ whether he has chemistry or not will affect the Chiefs defense, they won't be able to be so tight on the WRs as they were in the playoffs due to the speed and ability of OBJ. We also added Anthony Schwartz from the draft who is just as fast as Hill, but no where near the WR as Hill, but his speed will help loosen up the defense.

I see alot of people ragging on Baker, even some saying he was a dink and dunker even though he was one of the best QBs in the league on deep passes last year. I think another year with the same coaching staff will elevate his game as he will understand the offense much better and be far more comfortable. You saw this in the 2nd half of the season where he was one of the top QBs in the league the 2nd half of the year.

In the end I expect the Chiefs to win and probably by double digits as I don't think the Browns defense will have gelled enough to cause problems from KC. I think our best hope to win is that the Chiefs offensive line with all its new players has issues that Garrett and Clowney can take advantage of.
runyon27 is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Thumbs Up 6 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 08:14 PM   #332
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by runyon27 View Post
Browns fan here. I read through this thread and found it quite interesting to say the least when it comes to an analysis of the Browns. First, I give the Browns about a 2% shot to win this game. The defense is overhauled and I think it needs playing time together to be at its best. I would rather have had this game in November or later to give the Browns a better shot.

The defense we trotted out in playoff game last yr wasn't good. Garrett wasn't even right, he was still recovering from the affects of his COVID stint and wasn't the same after coming back. He should be back to form for week 1.

The Browns secondary last yr was pretty bad. We had guys like Robert Jackson, Tavier Thomas, Andrew Sendejo, MJ Stewart, Kevin Johnson, and Karl Joseph starting at various times in the secondary last yr. It was pretty bad. All of those guys are gone except MJ. I suspect the secondary will be much better, even for week 1 because the talent level will be much better even if the chemistry won't be at its optimal. We will be playing the following guys week 1 most likely:

The upgrade in talent will help, how much I can't say, but it cant be worse than Robert Jackson and Tavier Thomas and Andrew Sendejo.

The DL did go through changes. I do wish we had kept Shelden Richardson, he played well last yr. Ogunjobi did have flash plays but they were few and far between. I think the DT unit will be better with both Malik McDowell and Malik Jackson. The DE group I think depends on how well Clowney plays, if he can cause pressure I think he will get sacks with Myles helping him out. He wont be double teamed like he has been in the past. He needs to stay healthy though. Clowney has stated this is the best he has felt in a while, we haven't seen in play yet in the preseason so my expectations are tampered until I see how he plays.

As far as the offense goes, I think we are fine. OBJ whether he has chemistry or not will affect the Chiefs defense, they won't be able to be so tight on the WRs as they were in the playoffs due to the speed and ability of OBJ. We also added Anthony Schwartz from the draft who is just as fast as Hill, but no where near the WR as Hill, but his speed will help loosen up the defense.

I see alot of people ragging on Baker, even some saying he was a dink and dunker even though he was one of the best QBs in the league on deep passes last year. I think another year with the same coaching staff will elevate his game as he will understand the offense much better and be far more comfortable. You saw this in the 2nd half of the season where he was one of the top QBs in the league the 2nd half of the year.

In the end I expect the Chiefs to win and probably by double digits as I don't think the Browns defense will have gelled enough to cause problems from KC. I think our best hope to win is that the Chiefs offensive line with all its new players has issues that Garrett and Clowney can take advantage of.
Still a below average defense and Baker sucks so...
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-01-2021, 08:22 PM   #333
MVP

Baker was conceived in the endzone
Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 09-01-2021, 08:28 PM   #334
MVP

Browns have no chance. That is all.
ThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 09-01-2021, 08:50 PM   #335
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastsidedawg View Post
i would normally say no ... but i actually watched him in the preseason i think he is the highest graded defensive player by PFF in the whole NFL.

dude was embarrassing guys
We should introduce you to KnowMo.....
mililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 09-01-2021, 09:24 PM   #336
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by runyon27 View Post

Here's my problem with Baker Mayfield:

In the five years that Alex Smith was the QB in Kansas City, he threw for 17,608 yards in 76 games, and average of ~231 per game (Baker averages 222 for his career in Cleveland).....anyways, that won us exactly ONE playoff game in five years.

Now, fast forward to last year's playoff game Chiefs v. Browns. Pat Mahomes goes out at 7:44 left in the 3rd quarter, and the game is finished by Chad Henne. at that point, the score was 19 - 10, but the Chiefs kicked a field goal to make it 22 - 10 with 4:24 remaining. Cleveland scores a TD on their next drive, which goes into the 4th, 11:07 remaining. Next, Henne tosses an Interception, and with exactly 8 minutes remaining, Cleveland gets the ball off the turnover.....

At this point, they have all the momentum, just got a big turnover, and plenty of time to drive down the field and take control of the game.....with more than enough time to not have to change their offense at all.

And what do the Browns do? They proceed to go 12 yards on 7 plays, eating up 3:51 off the clock....and they had to covert a 4th and 1 to even do that. In the process, Mayfield completed a 4 yard pass, a 5 yard pass, and a 2 yard pass....in the most critical of times, Mayfield failed....sorry to be so blunt.

Now to wrap this all up: Baker Mayfield may be all that you say he is....I'm sure you've watched him way more than I have.....but show me one "clutch" play where Baker carried the team on his shoulders....because he sure as heck couldn't do it when the lights were the brightest and everything was on the line.

As of right now, he's Alex Smith without the ball security: He needs a ton of help to win. Every year with Alex, it was "need better receivers" or "look at our Defense", and every year it was the same.....couldn't win the big game, couldn't elevate the team.

Keep in mind, the Alex years were behind Matt Freaking Cassel....who might single handedly be the worst QB I've seen start for any extended period of time. Alex was light years better than Cassel, still wasn't good enough, no differently than Baker is light years ahead of the crap the Browns have trotted out there over the years.

But at the end of the day, beat frigging Chad Henne for crying out loud when you have everything going in your favor....but Baker didn't, and I don't think he really can, because that's not something that can be taught.

And that is my problem with Baker Mayfield, and hence the Browns in general....
mililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 09:51 PM   #337
Sandbox: Leander Lasercats

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC_Chief View Post
Chris Jones is going to strike fear into the hearts of the Cleveland offense. That dude is so disruptive, and now with him attacking from the edge, then sliding into the middle on 3rd down, he is going to wear out their OTs and OGs. The Browns are going to have to double and triple-team him, and keep chipping with backs. That will free up Reed, Nnadi, and Clark to beat their man in 1:1 blocking. That pressure will screw up timing and lead to mistakes for our secondary to capitalize upon. Add additional pressure thanks to our offense going down the field for TDs on a recurring basis. Ugly. It is going to be ugly
Ugly? Sounds beautiful to me!
Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Hydrae has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 09-01-2021, 11:59 PM   #338
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Thought this was an interesting take:

"Mike Greenberg with a word for Baker Mayfield doubters"
blob:https://www.youtube.com/4239355...9-65d89e9db7ff
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-02-2021, 01:41 AM   #339
Inmem 2.0

Not many teams will even have a chance against us with a HOF QB behind a line that's going to rival Vermiel eras
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-02-2021, 05:30 AM   #340
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa View Post
We should introduce you to KnowMo.....
i think malik mcdowell is going to introduce creed humphrey to his own ass

eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 09-02-2021, 05:36 AM   #341
Banned

Attachment 123028
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar View Post
So it's the lake that makes Cleveland superior? Other than that, it seems like KC with less impressive architecture.

Big game at Arrowhead>>>>anything to do in Cleveland
i just named like 10 things of the top of my head ... but for real what do people do in KC i have never been.

a browns tailgate in the muni lot is pretty epic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	72+-+Muni+Lot+Madness+Browns+Tailgate_f (1).jpg
Views:	66
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	123029  

Last edited by eastsidedawg; 09-02-2021 at 05:42 AM..
eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 09-02-2021, 06:36 AM   #342
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Quote:
Attachment 123028

i just named like 10 things of the top of my head ... but for real what do people do in KC i have never been.

a browns tailgate in the muni lot is pretty epic

Arrowhead Tailgate is legendary. I'm sure tailgating in Cleveland is...nice...
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 06:54 AM   #343
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
i think malik mcdowell is going to introduce creed humphrey to his own ass

Yeah, I’m sure the guy who has held his own against Chris Jones and Jarran Reed throughout training camp in 1x1s is going to get his ass kicked by a guy who has never done anything in he NFL.

Nice highlight, though. Did that guy even make the team?
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-02-2021, 07:25 AM   #344
Choco Favre

Humphrey is the size of a LT and he’s an absolute wall. He’s done really well in camp vs proven guys like Jarran Reed and Chris Jones.

So has Trey Lance.

Edit*. Duncan beat me to the punch
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-02-2021, 07:34 AM   #345
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
Not many teams will even have a chance against us with a HOF QB behind a line that's going to rival Vermiel eras
That's a stretch
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.