Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-06-2023, 03:26 PM   #3046
Why so serious?

I’m fine being a strong contender for the Super Bowl every year rather than going for the jugular and being a super strong contender one year and then quite a bit less strong contender the next 2-3 years because of it. Especially after having just won the Super Bowl the prior year being every bit the same level of “strong but not super strong” contender.

But that’s just me. And Brett Veach. But not MahomesMagic.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 03:27 PM   #3047
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
That's what I was saying.
Then you shouldn't also say "it's not about beating the Bears and the Jets..." like you're concerned whether the Chiefs can even beat playoff teams.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-06-2023, 03:28 PM   #3048
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
You say that, but you also say this:

You don't even sound confident that the Chiefs can beat playoff teams, but you think they're a SB favorite?

Not my fault that you're talking out of both sides of your mouth.

I'm really not. The Chiefs are a SB contender but they are going to try to scrape by when they could roll people is my belief.

People want to save money for 2-3 years from now because our Defense is finally top 5ish looking. I want that ring now.

No guarantee Jones is back next year, or Sneed. Let's add a veteran WR or two and ensure the repeat.
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-06-2023, 03:32 PM   #3049
Banned!

Quote:
I'm really not. The Chiefs are a SB contender but they are going to try to scrape by when they could roll people is my belief.

People want to save money for 2-3 years from now because our Defense is finally top 5ish looking. I want that ring now.

No guarantee Jones is back next year, or Sneed. Let's add a veteran WR or two and ensure the repeat.
You think a vet WR to two ENSURES a repeat?
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-06-2023, 03:40 PM   #3050
In Search of a Life

Quote:

If it truly "ensured" a repeat, I don't think Veach would hesitate to make that move.

I'm not for or against making a move just yet. Feel like we need to see if there's growth over the next few weeks, if so how much, and go from there.

Last edited by staylor26; 10-06-2023 at 03:47 PM..
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-06-2023, 03:40 PM   #3051
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
You think a vet WR to two ENSURES a repeat?
Within reason, sure.

Obviously if Mahomes, Jones, or Kelce goes down that's different but assuming general good health, yes.
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-06-2023, 03:42 PM   #3052
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
It's so odd to me how Chiefs fans a so highly skeptical of this team despite all of the success over the last few years, but they're incapable of doing it with other teams.

You don't think there are Bills fans shitting their pants that they just lost White and their 1st round pick from last year at the position has been a healthy scratch all season?

How do you think Dolphins fans feel after seeing their defense get destroyed yet again? That team is a mess, and all their hopes and dreams rest on the health of a young QB who has proven he can't stay healthy.

The Jags? Total disaster right now offensively. They added Ridley; and somehow got worse. Lawrence is not playing well, and their defense has been playing above their talent level to start the season. They should be thriving.

The Ravens are playing good football, but we all know what happens to Lamar when playoff time comes and he has to do it agaisnt the best defenses in the AFC. Nothing has really changed there to make me think it's different this year.

Then you look at the NFC. The Eagles defense is nowhere near as good as it was last year. That same Washington offense that struggled against the awful Bears D last night dropped 30 on the Eagles Sunday. Their offense hasn't been as dominant this year either. Like last year, they're benefiting from playing in the weak NFC so far.

The 49ers are the only team that looks like they should maybe be favored agaisnt us a neutral field, and I'm not convinced they should after the best down we put on them last year with a similar group of WRs.
I think Buffalo fans are riding high at the moment. 3 straight dominant wins. But they’re a bipolar group, which makes sense. The Buffalo team itself is bipolar, as shown in that dumpster fire loss to the Jets a few weeks ago.

How about the Bengals? Pretty huge mess there. Not only are they struggling on the field, they have to worry about their injured QB turning into damaged goods over the long haul. The Chiefs’ struggles on offense look like chump change next to the dumpster fire in Cincy.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 10-06-2023, 03:45 PM   #3053
SuperBowl or bust

I have no interest in being the Matt Stafford Rams Super Bowl team when we are looking like the 80s/90s 49ers dynasty with a wide open 10 year window.
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 03:49 PM   #3054
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
I have no interest in being the Matt Stafford Rams Super Bowl team when we are looking like the 80s/90s 49ers dynasty with a wide open 10 year window.
So we can't even add one WR because we are MORTGAGING our FUTURE!!!!!

I don't want so spend Prime Mahomes being the Green Bay Packers.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 04:05 PM   #3055
Banned!

Quote:

I assume you were also against "scraping by" on the defensive side last season, given that we decided against acquiring expensive veterans on the back end in favor of rookies?
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-06-2023, 04:15 PM   #3056
Generational Player

Quote:
I assume you were also against "scraping by" on the defensive side last season, given that we decided against acquiring expensive veterans on the back end in favor of rookies?
Yes, and if we stay in great health and everyone else implodes like last year we will win again.

Counting on that is not how I would play it.

Buffalo D collapsing and Cincinnati line all out.

I’m happy it happened but don’t depend on it, imo.

Going cheap on D last year means we have to play Skyy Moore and Noah Gray?!

I disagree.
Old 10-06-2023, 04:19 PM   #3057
MVP

Quote:
Yes, and if we stay in great health and everyone else implodes like last year we will win again.

KC lost their receiving group in the Cincy game. And had a QB with a bad leg. We see what’s happening with Cincy’s offense right now. Gives some perspective on what KC pulled off despite injuries last year.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 10-06-2023, 04:21 PM   #3058
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM08 View Post
KC lost their receiving group in the Cincy game. And had a QB with a bad leg. We see what’s happening with Cincy’s offense right now. Gives some perspective on what KC pulled off despite injuries last year.
Yes, and Cinci having no line kept us in the game till the end.

Injuries happen and are expected.

If Kelce goes down we're dead.

Zero chance based on what else we have in house.

We add another vet WR maybe we get by another team that took an injury in the AFC Championship game again.
Old 10-06-2023, 04:22 PM   #3059
Banned!

Quote:

Going cheap on D last year means we have to play Skyy Moore and Noah Gray?!

I disagree.
Honestly, every bit of that, including KC losing most of its receivers against the Gals is precisely why you might not want to put all of your eggs in a single receiver basket.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 04:24 PM   #3060
Generational Player

Quote:
Honestly, every bit of that, including KC losing most of its receivers against the Gals is precisely why you might not want to put all of your eggs in a single receiver basket.
We aren't even close to "putting all eggs in a basket" on WR's..

That's really silly. If we lose players we don't need other players. If we had not added Juju and Toney we don't win the SB last year.