Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-06-2023, 08:48 AM   #3001
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
A couple months ago was a couple months ago.

Maybe they just don't want Hardman back - which seems odd given that they clearly intended to make him a focal point of the offense in 2022 before he got hurt - but 'a couple months ago' they thought Skyy Moore was going to be able to step up and mitigate the loss of JJSS.

He hasn't been able to. It appears he WON'T be able to.

So set what happened in the summer aside. Hardman's one of the few guys out there who might be available, who fits under the cap and can IMMEDIATELY step into the system with a complete understanding of how it works.

Why WOULDN'T they be interested in him?
TEX has disabled reputation
Old 10-06-2023, 09:21 AM   #3002
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief View Post
Like I said, I'm willing to give it a few more weeks, but if we don't see some progress we absolutely have to bring in reinforcements at the trade deadline, and he seems like the most logical choice.

I'm still not ready to give up on these guys, but man I need to see more in a hurry.
In the 3 weeks before the deadline, the Bengals could find themselves 2-5 (W vs Arizona, Ls to Seattle and SF...with the way Burrow has played, there is no guarantee W at Arizona). If you are Cincy, and don't believe you can sign Higgins in the offseason, do you consider trading him to a main rival in KC? You get a high pick (what would be the trade compensation), or do you just let him walk w/ the possibility he signs with KC anyway?
Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.
Old 10-06-2023, 09:24 AM   #3003
__

I like some of the suggestions here.

I'd absolutely do a low-round pick swap for Mecole Hardman. This team doesn't have a Z right now.

I'd also drop a pick for Kyle Pitts. The Chiefs can absolutely use him in ways that will elongate Kelce's career and allow Pitts to emerge into a Pro Bowler.

I'd make the pick a conditional, personally.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-06-2023, 09:31 AM   #3004
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
I like some of the suggestions here.

I'd absolutely do a low-round pick swap for Mecole Hardman. This team doesn't have a Z right now.

I'd also drop a pick for Kyle Pitts. The Chiefs can absolutely use him in ways that will elongate Kelce's career and allow Pitts to emerge into a Pro Bowler.

I'd make the pick a conditional, personally.
Am I the only one that thinks that this ship, if it ever existed, might have sailed?

Kelce has aged extraordinarily well. And even with that, has shown clear signs of physical decline over the last 2 seasons.

I don't think there's any real 'prolonging' of Kelce's career at this point. I mean you could argue that holistically we can improve the offense by sidelining him a bit and in so doing bring more weapons at/near the prime of their career into play. But I don't think that's likely to make him appreciably more effective for a longer period of time.

I've kinda gotten to 'smoke 'em if you got 'em' with Travis Kelce. There's only so much you can do to 'preserve' a 6'5'' guy who plays football and depends on fluidity and agility to excel. Time is unbeaten and untied.

I just don't think prolonging his effectiveness is really an option at this point - if it ever truly was. It's mostly a question at this point of finding ways to win as Kelce declines rather than trying to find ways to win that prevent that decline. It's a question of mitigation rather than avoidance.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 09:33 AM   #3005
__

Quote:
Am I the only one that thinks that this ship, if it ever existed, might have sailed?

Kelce has aged extraordinarily well. And even with that, has shown clear signs of physical decline over the last 2 seasons.

I don't think there's any real 'prolonging' of Kelce's career at this point. I mean you could argue that holistically we can improve the offense by sidelining him a bit and in so doing bring more weapons at/near the prime of their career into play. But I don't think that's likely to make him appreciably more effective for a longer period of time.

I've kinda gotten to 'smoke 'em if you got 'em' with Travis Kelce. There's only so much you can do to 'preserve' a 6'5'' guy who plays football and depends on fluidity and agility to excel. Time is unbeaten and untied.

I just don't think prolonging his effectiveness is really an option at this point - if it ever truly was. It's mostly a question at this point of finding ways to win as Kelce declines.
Perhaps you're right.

What I will say: I think there's a "late stage Jason Witten" stage that Kelce can occupy on this team. But his days as a top end #1 option are probably over.

Another reason why an investment in Pitts would make a ton of sense.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-06-2023, 09:35 AM   #3006
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:

I just don't think prolonging his effectiveness is really an option at this point - if it ever truly was. It's mostly a question at this point of finding ways to win as Kelce declines rather than trying to find ways to win that prevent that decline. It's a question of mitigation rather than avoidance.
Antonio Gates was still really good at 34, 35 and 36. He aged incredibly well.

Hoping we can get that from Kelce
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-06-2023, 09:37 AM   #3007
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
Perhaps you're right.

What I will say: I think there's a "late stage Jason Witten" stage that Kelce can occupy on this team. But his days as a top end #1 option are probably over.

Another reason why an investment in Pitts would make a ton of sense.
I don't know that I disagree with you. I'm just saying that the 'late stage Jason Witten' era was inevitable. We weren't gonna continue to get 'peak Travis Kelce' no matter what we did.

So if adding weapons allows us to ease gracefully into that era, it's more an issue of mitigating the effects of that decline than trying to take steps to ensure it doesn't happen.

Probably semantics more than anything, but it's an argument that I've seen with some regularity over the last couple years and I don't think it's necessarily an accurate way of viewing things.

Moving from an offense that wins WITH Kelce rather than THROUGH Kelce should be (and almost certainly has been) the end goal. Trying to take steps to ensure that we can continue to win THROUGH him was just never feasible.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-06-2023, 09:50 AM   #3008
MVP

Quote:
I don't know that I disagree with you. I'm just saying that the 'late stage Jason Witten' era was inevitable. We weren't gonna continue to get 'peak Travis Kelce' no matter what we did.

So if adding weapons allows us to ease gracefully into that era, it's more an issue of mitigating the effects of that decline than trying to take steps to ensure it doesn't happen.

Probably semantics more than anything, but it's an argument that I've seen with some regularity over the last couple years and I don't think it's necessarily an accurate way of viewing things.

Moving from an offense that wins WITH Kelce rather than THROUGH Kelce should be (and almost certainly has been) the end goal. Trying to take steps to ensure that we can continue to win THROUGH him was just never feasible.
Yeah, people talk about it like it's the battery in your phone, and if we just don't use him, you can conserve battery life.

That's not really how human beings work.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-06-2023, 10:00 AM   #3009
Constable of Untruths

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
I don't know about giving up a first for Pitts, but his production is being significantly impacted by the shitty QB play of Desmond Ridder.
I saw Tony Gonzalez have a 1,000 yd. season receiving with Tyler Thigpen thowing him the ball. Are you telling me that Ridder is worse than Thigpen? Pitts is a good player, but anyone suggesting KC gives up a first and maybe another conditional pick for Pitts need their head examined.
LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-06-2023, 10:10 AM   #3010
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
I saw Tony Gonzalez have a 1,000 yd. season receiving with Tyler Thigpen thowing him the ball. Are you telling me that Ridder is worse than Thigpen? Pitts is a good player, but anyone suggesting KC gives up a first and maybe another conditional pick for Pitts need their head examined.
Right now yes Ridder is worse than Thigpen.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-06-2023, 10:19 AM   #3011
Constable of Untruths

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
Right now yes Ridder is worse than Thigpen.
No he's not. He had one horrible game against Jacksonville. Don't let your recency bias blur your vision on his play.

Pitts is a good, sometimes great TE. He is not worth anything close to a first round pick. A 2nd round pick is borderline too high for him based on his actual production and not what someone thinks he can be.
LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 10:38 AM   #3012
sorta mod-ish

Our 12 formation would be a nightmare for opposing DC's with Pitts in here.

But if we're talking about giving up high picks for players, I'd send a 2nd and a 5th to Washington for McLaurin right now. No, I don't know how I'd finagle the cap, but I would to get him in here (provided he's actually available, which I'm sure he's not).
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-06-2023, 10:56 AM   #3013
Veteran

List of Chiefs with 1,000+ receiving yard seasons under Andy Reid:

1. Kelce ('16, '17, '18, '19, '20, '21, '22)
2. Hill ('17, '18, '20, '21)
3. Maclin ('15)

Honorable Mention:
JuJu Smith-Schuster - 933 yards in '22
wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 11:00 AM   #3014
Veteran

Falcons get:
1st round pick
5th round pick
MVS

Chiefs get:
Grady Jarrett
Kyle Pitts

Yes I know another MVS trade BUT to make this happen Veach has to include MVS's contract to make this work with cap space. If Veach can get it done without MVS's contract that is fine too.

While still good Grady Jarrett is 30 and not at Chris Jones level but still a very good starter in the NFL. He is under contract until 2025 with only hitting the cap for about $16M a year. HE can lineup next to Jones this year and then Veach looks to tag/trade or let Jones walk after this year. Veach would be saving about $16M going with Jarrett over Jones. I agree Pitts is not being used in Atlanta and will get his best shot and becoming elite next to Kelce and then taking over for Kelce in years to come. Reid would love this!

The idea would be to get this trade done, strengthen the O and D for a Super Bowl run THIS YEAR and then a must tag/trade Jones in the offseason to recoup that 1st and 5th we sent for Jarrett and Pitts.
Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 11:38 AM   #3015
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balto View Post
Falcons get:
1st round pick
5th round pick
MVS

Chiefs get:
Grady Jarrett
Kyle Pitts

Yes I know another MVS trade BUT to make this happen Veach has to include MVS's contract to make this work with cap space. If Veach can get it done without MVS's contract that is fine too.

While still good Grady Jarrett is 30 and not at Chris Jones level but still a very good starter in the NFL. He is under contract until 2025 with only hitting the cap for about $16M a year. HE can lineup next to Jones this year and then Veach looks to tag/trade or let Jones walk after this year. Veach would be saving about $16M going with Jarrett over Jones. I agree Pitts is not being used in Atlanta and will get his best shot and becoming elite next to Kelce and then taking over for Kelce in years to come. Reid would love this!

The idea would be to get this trade done, strengthen the O and D for a Super Bowl run THIS YEAR and then a must tag/trade Jones in the offseason to recoup that 1st and 5th we sent for Jarrett and Pitts.
We give up a first, a wr with value and a freebie 5th for no reason. We get back an aging player and a never was.

It would take you 1 offseason to destroy a dynasty with how bad your trades always are.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.