Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Today, 07:47 AM  
"I'm with you fellers"

Debit card issue

So I had to get a new debit card. It works about half the time. Say declined the other half. Lots of money in the account. Credit union says nothing is wrong. I end up having to use my backup credit card instead. Any of you ever had this issue?
Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.Mr. Wizard would the whole thing.
Old Today, 08:41 AM   #16
TACO SALAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimNasium View Post
Jungle Law.
Yup, wife is cheating on him. Debit card never lies. Sorry, Mr. W
ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:41 AM   #17
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Nah, mine was declining. Got a replacement, and no issues since.
The card readers that did this to me would beep multiple times and Chip Malfunction would appear or Card Reader Error.

Never heard a decline since that would mean card was read.

Strange.....
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:48 AM   #18
bite me

There's also a chance the machine reading the card is bad. I shop at my local Wal-Mart for most of my groceries. There are two machines in the store that will not accept my card but the others will. Just yesterday I wasn't thinking and used one of the machines that won't accept it. The lady that helped me was astounded when I just switched to the machine next to mine and my card worked perfectly.
old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.old_geezer has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:04 AM   #19
Born to Ride

My PSA advice, never ever use a debit card except to take cash from an ATM.
Our number got stolen in a Home Depot hack several years ago. Someone used that number to make about $1600 dollars worth of purchases. That's money right out of.your checking account. Fortunately for.us we had more than enough in the account to cover other bills. But if you don't it will create a whole other set of issues.

Sure the bank is required to replace your stolen funds but it is not instantaneous. With a credit card that's the card issuers money and it's their problem.
2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.2bikemike is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:06 AM   #20
What's up braj?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
Security blocks.

Wells Fargo does it to me when I make an unusual and large purchase. Have to call to lift.
Damn how awkward is it calling Wells Fargo every time you buy a hooker
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:10 AM   #21
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard View Post
So I had to get a new debit card. It works about half the time. Say declined the other half. Lots of money in the account. Credit union says nothing is wrong. I end up having to use my backup credit card instead. Any of you ever had this issue?
I still have a debit card but I've changed over to using a Delta American Express card. I've already have enough points to fly a round trip to Europe first class.

Of course the drawback is if you don't pay the balance every month, you'll pay 29.99% interest. As long as you have sufficient cash flow, its a great deal.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:43 AM   #22
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard View Post
Your card is working fine for me. But I mostly make small purchases that you won't notice.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:46 AM   #23
Thread I will end you.......

Use the credit card for all you purchases, pay the card off monthly... win win...
digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.digger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:52 AM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Your card is working fine for me. But I mostly make small purchases that you won't notice.
10 dollars here and twenty dollars there, people don't pay attention to those charges.

I did have someone write a check for over 4,600 dollars a couple weeks ago.

My bank caught it thankfully. I wonder how they get your checking numbers anyway?
neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old Today, 09:54 AM   #25
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by digger View Post
Use the credit card for all you purchases, pay the card off monthly... win win...
I was surprised how fast the points pile up if you use it to pay for your every day purchases.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:04 AM   #26
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bikemike View Post
My PSA advice, never ever use a debit card except to take cash from an ATM.
Our number got stolen in a Home Depot hack several years ago. Someone used that number to make about $1600 dollars worth of purchases. That's money right out of.your checking account. Fortunately for.us we had more than enough in the account to cover other bills. But if you don't it will create a whole other set of issues.

Sure the bank is required to replace your stolen funds but it is not instantaneous. With a credit card that's the card issuers money and it's their problem.
Yeah, I've had a Chase credit card for several years and they're amazing... one morning got an alert about a big purchase at Best Buy that I didn't make, and they close the card and sent a new one, no questions asked. Hell, I put 50% down on a new HVAC and the damn company went out of business before the install... and I got my money back from Chase faster than the contractor's association. Even if I didn't get reward points, I'd use a credit card just for that convenience (and maybe one day they'll figure it the **** out and go MFA or something).

I just wouldn't have the same faith in a bank, and like you said, the money is just gone at that moment.

I also have a separate money market account tied to my checking, so I only keep enough to pay the bills and smaller purchases in the checking account... and then I can transfer from money market instantly online if needed. That's at least one way to 'hide' money in case your debit info gets stolen.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:22 AM   #27
Spiraling down the Drain

Get a new card.
BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackHelicopters is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 11:42 AM   #28
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
No, that reads as CHIP MALFUNCTION.

If you have a card that is used alot, the chip gets worn down and dirty. The card reader doesn't get full info.

A decline is a money or security issue.
Not always.....I had a debit card that would always decline at Walmart but it would work everywhere else..

Sometimes it is the merchant issue.
Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old Today, 11:46 AM   #29
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by digger View Post
That's what I do for the most part now...I just use my debit card at Walmart occasionally so that it doesn't get locked for lack of use.
Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old Today, 12:09 PM   #30
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi View Post
Damn how awkward is it calling Wells Fargo every time you buy a hooker
Can you come up with anything other than that?
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.