Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-04-2023, 06:22 PM   #2866
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz View Post
That was mostly preseason hype. Its week 4 and reality has set in for most of us.

I get it. I've been pretty mum about that so far, I think. Just had to say something this one time since that guy in particular said some dipstick shit at me specifically.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-04-2023, 06:43 PM   #2867
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Thru 4 games this year we've thrown for 1024 yards

Thru 4 games last year we had thrown for 1071 yards.

I'd say we're probably gonna be ok.
1071 yards at .12 points per passing yard thru 4 game.

1024 yards at .098 points per passing yard.

Comparing yards year over year is a worthless. Yards mean nothing.

If people would put aside their need to justify their belief in Skyy Moore, or their need to "be right" about a player, or maybe in this case multiple players, they could admit that the wide receiver have performed very poorly so far.

I, like a lot of people on this board, have watched a lot of Chiefs football in my life, and regardless of stats, PFF, whatever, and I think this is possibly the worst performance by receivers since the magical Alex Smith season where he didn't throw a TD pass to a wide receiver all year.

And, I am sure we have had rosters that had worse receivers on paper, but I cannot remember the receivers poor performance as a group sticking out this much.

I was watching some Joe Montana highlights, and I watched Birden and Willie Davis make a bunch of great catches, and I was thinking they might be WR1 and WR2 on this team, and they from the Marty era.
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 06:47 PM   #2868
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic View Post

If people would put aside their need to justify their belief in Skyy Moore, or their need to "be right" about a player, or maybe in this case multiple players, they could admit that the wide receiver have performed very poorly so far.

I, like a lot of people on this board, have watched a lot of Chiefs football in my life, and regardless of stats, PFF, whatever, and I think this is possibly the worst performance by receivers since the magical Alex Smith season where he didn't throw a TD pass to a wide receiver all year.

And, I am sure we have had rosters that had worse receivers on paper, but I cannot remember the receivers poor performance as a group sticking out this much.

I was watching some Joe Montana highlights, and I watched Birden and Willie Davis make a bunch of great catches, and I was thinking they might be WR1 and WR2 on this team, and they from the Marty era.

Lol, loved JJ Birden. Dude could make an acrobatic catch. if he had to do an aerial somersault and catch the ball while upside down, he was your man.

JJ and Willie D. would both start for this team.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-04-2023, 06:48 PM   #2869
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:

Yes, the emperor has no clothes.
TEX has disabled reputation
Old 10-04-2023, 07:27 PM   #2870
MVP

Nobody was more on board with the plan than me, but I think a lot of people were expecting too much too early. Kelce's missing the first game wasn't helpful, either. Or Toney missing the entire preseason.

That being said, we're getting into the part of the season where we should see someone start to emerge. Rice has shown a little bit. Moore has been disappointing. Maybe it's time to give Ross some rope and decrease Moore's snaps.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-04-2023, 07:28 PM   #2871
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybec 4 View Post
Where do I go to find this "Nickel Night"? I would be interested in participating.
There are two things you never buy on sale.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-04-2023, 07:40 PM   #2872
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
I don’t think mecole solves our biggest issue. He does some things we want to do but just a little better. I don’t see why these guys couldn’t fill the juju role, they’d be dirt cheap (half a season) with no long term obligation and they’d pick up the offense quickly.
The only real benefit to hardman in my mind is you can have him run motions and leave toney standing on the outside hopefully forcing a one on one match up through motion.
Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.Dunerdr is too fat/Omaha.
Old 10-04-2023, 07:56 PM   #2873
In Search of a Life

Quote:

2022 Chiefs: 3-1

2023 Chiefs: 3-1

Comparing points year over year is worthless. Points mean nothing. It's about wins and losses!

See how easy it is to ignore whatever doesn't fit your narrative?
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 08:04 PM   #2874
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post

Comparing points year over year is worthless. Points mean nothing. It's about wins and losses!

Do you REALLY think we're good at WR? I certainly don't think that you do.
TEX has disabled reputation
Old 10-04-2023, 08:10 PM   #2875
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEX View Post
Do you REALLY think we're good at WR? I certainly don't think that you do.
How the **** did you get that from anything I've said?

It's a comparison to last year's group, which wasn't great either.

The difference? Youth. Upside. Room for growth.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 08:38 PM   #2876
MVP

Quote:

Did you actually expect this WR room to be excellent from day 1? Because I don't think anyone else did. I know Reid didn't. He specifically said that he's bringing Rice and Ross along slowly and it's going to be a process. The idea is to be good enough to win while they learn. And if not for some flukery, they'd be sitting at 4-0 right now. I'd say the plan is working so far.

Rice looks promising, but no rookie WR is a superstar from day 1 in Reid's offense. Check out Tyreek Hill's stats in his first four games as a Chief. Less than half as many receiving yds as Rice. Did you write him off as a bum at that point too?

I'd say the only WR who's been really disappointing, based on reasonable expectations for the first month, is Moore. He should be more of a consistent threat by now. But even he's had two fairly good games out of four.

Toney's been a disappointment, but that's mostly injury-related. MVS is a solid #3 type WR, and Watson is a solid #4/5.

All they need is one WR to emerge as a consistent threat, and that's probably going to be Rice. Sooner than later.
RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 08:43 PM   #2877
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar View Post
I'd say the only WR who's been really disappointing, based on reasonable expectations for the first month, is Moore. He should be more of a consistent threat by now. But even he's had two fairly good games out of four.

Yeah, but he was blanked in the other two games.
Old 10-04-2023, 08:48 PM   #2878
MVP

Quote:

What about your need to be a negative Nancy?

We're less than a quarter in to the season.

Nobody should have been of the mind that this bunch of young receivers were just going to light it up day one.

I didn't think that.

Hell, Andy's still figuring out what they each do best. I think that's one of Andy's strengths; figuring out how to utilize guys' abilities and minimize their weaknesses.

What we're looking at these first four games won't be what we're looking at in week 17, I'd just about guarantee it.

I don't think anyone would say what we've seen so far is good enough.

The difference is, some people assume that's all we're going to get.

I don't. I seriously doubt Veach and Andy took three big swings and a lottery ticket and struck out on all of them.
Old 10-04-2023, 08:51 PM   #2879
Rufus Dawes Jr.

I thought our WRs sucked last year too. Just saying.

We lack a true #1 wr threat. That’s all. I think this team is full of potential #2 and #3 receivers. Go shopping at the Broncos fire sale and get me some Jerry Jeudy and we would be set.
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 09:02 PM   #2880
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post

You actually make my point. Yards mean nothing. Points mean nothing. Wins and losses are all that matters.

However, regardless of the win total, this year's receivers are not performing very well.

Just because Mahomes, and just because Andy Reid, are not reasons to neglect the wide receiver position, and this roster sure feels like it was neglected.

I would LOVE to be wrong about Moore. I want him to become a stud. But man, 24 games and he still looks lost. There was a play a couple of games ago where Moore caught a pass in the soft spot of the zone. The pass was behind him, and some people said it was a bad pass. Watching the All-22 show that Moore did not read the soft spot and sit down, he was actually crossing Mahomes' face and noticed Pat threw the ball, so he reached back and caught it.

He didn't recognize the open space, he was just running and made a good catch. Both Tyreek or JuJu would have sat down in the soft spot.

If he still can't recognize how to play against zone, and he is still struggling with running the correct route, after 24 games, 2 training camps, and one off-season program with Mahomes, he isn't going to learn.

In the same way it became obvious that Hardman was never going to be able to run a full route tree, it's becoming apparent that Moore is never going to be what people want him to be.
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.