Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-04-2023, 02:02 PM   #2836
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
No one's making any rash decisions. Veach isn't going to go full-dipstick desperation mode and sign Dez Bryant.

We're running with these guys. And I won't be surprised if Veach doesn't sign any WR before/at the trade deadline.

Someone in the WR room has to step up and start playing big boy football. Over the next four-five weeks Andy will do his thing and figure out who that guy is.

And whoever it is, he doesn't have to be Davante Adams. he just has to be able to play WR at a competent level regardless of coverage. And catch the ball. That's it, as long as Travis gets back to his normal self.
Yeah I wouldn’t put it past him. Veach has been masterful at pulling off deals midseason.

2019 - Suggs/pennel/wisnewski
2021 - Melvin Ingram
2022 - Brandon Williams/Toney

Even with the logjam at WR it wouldn’t shock me if we don’t have a value WR or TE move up our sleeves. I don’t think a blockbuster move is in the cards
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-04-2023, 02:08 PM   #2837
Veteran

I haven't read this whole thread, but I would just say that some of the blame for the lack of WR playmaking is on the playcalling. Just my 2 cents but it would seem that we need to call shorter,quicker routes and more running to pull the safeties in.

From what I've been able to see, teams are playing safeties deep on us and we seem to be running right for them.

Just wonder if some of the sloppy look is Nagy getting used to the personnel
tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 10-04-2023, 02:09 PM   #2838
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
Yeah I wouldn’t put it past him. Veach has been masterful at pulling off deals midseason.

2021 - Melvin Ingram

Even with the logjam at WR it wouldn’t shock me if we don’t have a value WR or TE move up our sleeves. I don’t think a blockbuster move is in the cards

Yes, Veach has been pretty solid finding good players before the deadline. Just not WRs. And good WRs are typically expensive and hard to find, so not his fault really.

I mean, if he pulls it off, fantastic. We could use all the help we can get at the position. I just wonder what it’ll take, and guessing the price will be high.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-04-2023, 02:26 PM   #2839
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Yes, Veach has been pretty solid finding good players before the deadline. Just not WRs. And good WRs are typically expensive and hard to find, so not his fault really.

I mean, if he pulls it off, fantastic. We could use all the help we can get at the position. I just wonder what it’ll take, and guessing the price will be high.
I'd like for them to maybe take a look around at some RB's that might be on the block, or long term, maybe there's a potential swap for a T that we liked coming out that hasn't fit in well.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-04-2023, 02:32 PM   #2840
In Search of a Life

Quote:

Eh, I don’t think we’ve had the red hot urgency. Trying out guys like kelvin benjamin and Gordon were just taking a shot at players to see if they had anything left in the tank. Last year we needed Toney and I’d say we got what we needed out of him. He influenced enough games to have made the trade very impactful
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-04-2023, 02:33 PM   #2841
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic View Post
MVS is the smallest 6'4" guy ever.
I have nothing further to add to this discussion other than to say that I am shocked that you are correct. MVS is 6’4”. I never knew that. I legitimately thought he was like 6’2”.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 02:45 PM   #2842
In Search of a Life

Not to derail since I know acquisition discussions have been made ad nauseum. But I haven’t discussed cheap guys who would be immediately available. I was bummed Corey Davis retired because I thought he would’ve been perfect as a bandaid. Why wouldn’t we at least kick the tires on Jarvis Landry or (just throwing out there….) Sammy Watkins if the goal is just to squeeze out as many reps out of him until the rest of the room is comfortable.

Not saying im in love with the idea but having just a stable Wr on a 1 year contract doesn’t sound like the worst idea
Old 10-04-2023, 02:46 PM   #2843
In Search of a Life

Not worth the money.

Go with what you've got over that.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-04-2023, 02:48 PM   #2844
In Search of a Life

I'd send the Jets a 6th for Hardman before I did any of that.
Old 10-04-2023, 02:51 PM   #2845
Hockey Town

Man some of the tape out there...if you put MVS and Watson out there together that just...doesn't work.

They are both slow burn long threat guys so no CB is scared of them at all, especially against the Jets.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 02:56 PM   #2846
MVP

Quote:

2021 - Melvin Ingram

Josh Gordon, Shady and Le'Veon Bell
nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.
Old 10-04-2023, 03:19 PM   #2847
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
I'd send the Jets a 6th for Hardman before I did any of that.
I don’t think mecole solves our biggest issue. He does some things we want to do but just a little better. I don’t see why these guys couldn’t fill the juju role, they’d be dirt cheap (half a season) with no long term obligation and they’d pick up the offense quickly.
Old 10-04-2023, 03:21 PM   #2848
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by nychief View Post
Josh Gordon, Shady and Le'Veon Bell
Yeah, you’re gonna make some mistakes buying other peoples scraps. It costed us nothing and Andy is good about moving on if it doesn’t work out
Old 10-04-2023, 03:45 PM   #2849
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I don’t think mecole solves our biggest issue. He does some things we want to do but just a little better. I don’t see why these guys couldn’t fill the juju role, they’d be dirt cheap (half a season) with no long term obligation and they’d pick up the offense quickly.
I'm not trying to fill the biggest issue. I'm trying to fill a need with a guy that knows the offense and can be productive in a role and be a gadget we don't have.
Old 10-04-2023, 03:51 PM   #2850
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Eh, I don’t think we’ve had the red hot urgency. Trying out guys like kelvin benjamin and Gordon were just taking a shot at players to see if they had anything left in the tank. Last year we needed Toney and I’d say we got what we needed out of him. He influenced enough games to have made the trade very impactful

Oh, I'm not denigrating Veach about the choices he's made at WR at all. Just pointing out that he hasn't really made any game-changing moves at the position historically, and that part of the reason for that is probably just how difficult it really is to find a good WR at the right price in general. I mean, if it was easy, you'd have to think we'd have a solid FA WR on the team by now.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.