Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-27-2021, 07:10 PM  
Life is changing..

Let's talk about the Cleveland Browns

Week 1.

Chiefs vs Browns.

Talk about it here.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-30-2021, 03:44 PM   #241
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
Tampa didn’t figure out some magical game plan. They pressured Mahomes at the highest rate in Super Bowl history. I know opposing fans don’t understand this but there is no game plan to win. There is only pressuring consistently with four d linemen for a full four quarters. That’s it. If you don’t pressure with four for a full quarters you give up 21 points in seven minutes and lose the Super Bowl like the 49ers did.
Yep, it's tough to play QB when under constant duress. Tom Brady knows. The Giants did it to him twice.
ThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThyKingdomCome15 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 08-30-2021, 03:55 PM   #242
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
I've seen the "3 rookies" thing a couple different places, and I get it from the outside looking in. That's usually not great. But the thing they're missing is that we have proven veteran options at all 3 positions. The rookies aren't playing because we have no other choice, they're playing because they're too good to sit.
The NFL world is gonna learn about Humphrey and Trey Smith REAL quick. This is a strong AF O-Line.
Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 08-30-2021, 04:04 PM   #243
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
@ "The bucs exposed a few things".

They didn't expose a goddamn thing.
they exposed our third string offensive line.

not 'lineman'. But the whole ****ing line.

Which we spent the offseason insuring that would never ****ing happen again.

But **** it, let them dream.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-30-2021, 04:06 PM   #244
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz View Post
The NFL world is gonna learn about Humphrey and Trey Smith REAL quick. This is a strong AF O-Line.
i mean can we see them against some #1's with a real scheme against them first before anointing some rookie O lineman
eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 04:10 PM   #245
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastsidedawg View Post
i mean can we see them against some #1's with a real scheme against them first before anointing some rookie O lineman
I'm down. As long as you come back here once the game is over.
Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 08-30-2021, 04:22 PM   #246
Bolton gonna knock you out

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollChiefsRoll View Post
The Browns’ uniform is the color of puke and shit, and their logo is literally just a dookie-colored helmet. The perfect emblem of Cleveland.

Their throwback helmets are fire tho, lmao.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 04:29 PM   #247
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
I think the Brown/Speed Rusher thing is a real thing.

I'm just not sure yet how it'll manifest in terms of pressure/sacks because Mahomes.

But yes, when the edge rusher goes wide and fast, he seems to have some trouble.
Could be for sure.....but I've watched every individual starting O-lineman on every individual play for each of the three games....

Let's just say there is very little weakness across the board. In all actuality, Smith is the one that has to hold his blocks a little bit longer, but he's such a bad ass that even with that, he's pretty freaking good.

I know it's only preseason, so I'll pump the brakes a little bit, but there is a lot to be excited about with this group....
mililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellimililo4cpa 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 04:32 PM   #248
The man you could post like.

Quote:
Genuine question for the Browns fans here. What's the consensus about Mayfield getting a market value contract that's pays him 40+ million AAV?
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-30-2021, 04:40 PM   #249
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor View Post
Their throwback helmets are fire tho, lmao.

actually the throwback helmets are white ...i think they are going to be used this year.
eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.eastsidedawg < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 08-30-2021, 04:51 PM   #250
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superturtle View Post
Genuine question for the Browns fans here. What's the consensus about Mayfield getting a market value contract that's pays him 40+ million AAV?
i mean its going to be the market value for a QB coming off of the rookie deal. once the TV money comes into the Cap its going to be 50+ mil per year for a QB.

i suppose for me it doesnt matter to me browns fans have faith in Andrew Berry as the GM that it will be structured so it wont hinder the browns cap situation.

he got nick chubb to take a team friendly deal. i think his strategy is to sign the players that they really need Garett, Chubb, Ward and whatever money is left go to baker and be like this is what we can pay if not draft a qb and franchise him until said QB is ready.
Old 08-30-2021, 04:55 PM   #251
Bolton gonna knock you out

Quote:
actually the throwback helmets are white ...i think they are going to be used this year.

Oh yeah, they’re sweet.

Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 04:57 PM   #252
The man you could post like.

Chubb signed a market value deal for RBs. Half a million AAV under Henry.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-30-2021, 08:02 PM   #253
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Welcome. Don't troll and you'll get along fine (other than being told to drink bleach and die in an AIDS fire, but that's how we show affection around here).

The Chiefs' OL is massively improved on the interior from last season, even when fully healthy, has a basic wash at LT, and is downgraded at RT if you compare to healthy Mitchell Schwartz (who never really showed up last season) and upgraded if you compare to Mike Remmers (who is on the roster and now a backup).

One thing that is overlooked in this is that the Chiefs' interior weakness was in run-blocking, and that created an opportunity for defenses. If you could rush 4 and stop the run and generate pressure against that unit, you could find success in slowing the Chiefs' O down.

With the upgrades at LG (massive upgrade in both phases), C (massive run blocking upgrade, no downgrade in pass blocking), and RG (just an enormous, enormous upgrade in run blocking and likely one in pass blocking, too), teams that try to rush four, drop 7 AND drop 2 safeties extremely deep are going to find themselves punished much more by the Chiefs running game because that personnel is just better situated to do that.

The Chiefs were also not very athletic on the interior and could not run the screen game very effectively. To the point that Reid just stopped trying very much. That's a big part of the O that will be back.

The upgrades at TE also will make a difference. The Chiefs have a much better unit there and will be able to run a lot more 2 TE and 3 TE sets, which will improve their red zone offense and also let them do creative things with moving the pocket.

As for the defensive line, Jones has been phenomenal at DE or DT and looks primed for an enormous year. Yes, the Chiefs DL is better with Jones at LE and Jarran Reed playing DT. Reed obviously isn't as good as Jones, but he's much better at DT than the best LE option the Chiefs had last year was at LE.

All in all, yes, Tampa did have a good gameplan. It also had a wealth of factors working in its favor to "play up" that game plan.

1) The Chiefs OL was: A LT who is now their reserve RT; a LG who is now a reserve C, if he makes the team; a C who PFF loved but is currently UNSIGNED by any NFL team; a RG who is now retired and planning to become a minister; a RT who is now a reserve RG, if he even makes the team. Literally, the 3 guys that are returning from that unit are the #6, 8 and 9 playes on the two deep come week 1.

2) Mahomes had turf toe and couldn't move as well as normal

3) The Tampa DL is one of the 2-3 most talented units in the NFL

4) The Tampa LB duo of David and White is fantastic.

Teams that think that situation is replicable are dreaming. The Chiefs upgraded personnel specifically to adjust to that approach to defending them.

The Browns made nice upgrades across the board on D. The addition of speed and secondary players will help them a lot. But you can't say the Chiefs OL is going to need time to gel (as many have) while also assuming the Browns D will hit the ground running.

The Chiefs also improved. They're going to be better at OL than what you saw in the playoffs (even in Game 1). They're going to be better on the DL than what you saw in the playoffs. They're going to be better at LB than what you saw in the playoffs. They're going to be better at TE. They'll be better at QB than what you saw for almost all of the second half.

The Chiefs have lost two actual games they tried to win since the first week of November, 2019. In one, they had 17 points taken off the board by questionable whistles and lost by a single score to a hated rival that based its entire season on the game. The other was the Super Bowl, with some extreme circumstances (and that, despite alll those, was just a couple of fairly routine plays away from making it much more of a game than it ended up being - Hill TD that was but not challenged, the ball that hit Williams in the facemask in the end zone).

KC has been to 3 straight AFC title games and 2 straight Super Bowls. And people are surprised fans here are confident?

The Browns are a good team and have a chance to upset KC, sure. But nobody here is going to cower about it.
Let's not forget, had Dee Ford lined up onside KC would have gone to three straight SBs with the possibility of being 2-1. The LOL GOAT LOL threw the game ending INT that was called back because of an offsides. It's not like KC was a plucky team happy to be there, but overwhelmed by a superior team. They had the game won.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 08-30-2021, 08:54 PM   #254
Gonna go back in time....

It's going to come down to how well we stop the run. Keeping Mahomes clean and getting nasty up front to take Garrett out of the game.
bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.
Old 08-30-2021, 09:12 PM   #255
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bringbackmarty View Post
It's going to come down to how well we stop the run. Keeping Mahomes clean and getting nasty up front to take Garrett out of the game.
Honestly I think KC will contain him pretty well. Reason for this is I expect him to line up opposite Niang (that's definitely what I would do). I would expect Andy and Bienemy would plan for that and provide him some help which should slow him down. The key will be for the rest of our line to contain their Dline.
tredadda has disabled reputation