Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-05-2024, 02:46 PM  
Veteran

Aiyuk to the Steelers?

Seems to be a lot of buzz around the Steelers finalizing a trade for Aiyuk.

Last edited by SHOWTIME; 08-05-2024 at 02:52 PM..
SHOWTIME has disabled reputation
Old Yesterday, 04:06 PM   #241
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
If Aiyuk gets 30 more targets last season - still puts him outside the top 15 but more inline with what a lot of 'premier' WRs get - that would bring up him to 131 targets . At his catch rate, it adds 22 catches to his ledger. That then yields an additional 400 receiving yards based on his average Yards/Reception.

Suddenly the dude has 97 catches for 1,750 yards.

That's CeeDee Lamb's production on forty fewer targets.

There just weren't many guys as efficient as Brandon Aiyuk last season. Nico Collins as there. Cooper was close. Had Justin Jefferson stayed healthy he probably would've been.

I mean there's just nothing not to like about the kid under the hood. He doesn't have blazing deep speed but apart from that, he was a genuine stud last year.

Aiyuk’s Passer Rating when targeted the last three seasons: 118.5 (2021),116 (2022), 124.0 (2023).
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 04:10 PM   #242
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Neither was, say, Andre Johnson.

Andre was 27 and in his 6th season when he finally had a year that was better than what Aiyuk did last season. And it took a TON of volume to get there.

Now I agree with you that a dynamic game-breaker has more value merely by virtue of having home run ball ability. That said, Aiyuk's ADOT was 14.3 - that is way the hell down there. I'm betting that's top 5 for anyone with 100 targets. He was no pure underneath player - he was getting a lot of balls on intermediate and deep plays last season.

Great Catch rate, super low drop rate, elite yards per route run (over 3 is top shelf shit). I mean by virtually any measure he was a damn stud last season.

This is a guy that got fewer targets than Jordan Addison, Tyler Lockett, Chris Godwin, Adam Thielen, Keenan Allen and a bunch of other dudes he was better than last season.

I wouldn't sleep on him. He's a lot better than you're giving him credit for, IMO. He's easily a top 10 WR and arguably belongs in the top 5. He was really really REALLY good.
Quote:
If Aiyuk gets 30 more targets last season - still puts him outside the top 15 but more inline with what a lot of 'premier' WRs get - that would bring up him to 131 targets . At his catch rate, it adds 22 catches to his ledger. That then yields an additional 400 receiving yards based on his average Yards/Reception.

Suddenly the dude has 97 catches for 1,750 yards.

That's CeeDee Lamb's production on forty fewer targets.

There just weren't many guys as efficient as Brandon Aiyuk last season. Nico Collins as there. Cooper was close. Had Justin Jefferson stayed healthy he probably would've been.

I mean there's just nothing not to like about the kid under the hood. He doesn't have blazing deep speed but apart from that, he was a genuine stud last year.
Fiiiiiiiiiiiine.....

ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 04:15 PM   #243
Choco Favre

Quote:
Neither was, say, Andre Johnson.

Andre was 27 and in his 6th season when he finally had a year that was better than what Aiyuk did last season. And it took a TON of volume to get there.

Now I agree with you that a dynamic game-breaker has more value merely by virtue of having home run ball ability. That said, Aiyuk's ADOT was 14.3 - that is way the hell down there. I'm betting that's top 5 for anyone with 100 targets. He was no pure underneath player - he was getting a lot of balls on intermediate and deep plays last season.

Great Catch rate, super low drop rate, elite yards per route run (over 3 is top shelf shit). I mean by virtually any measure he was a damn stud last season.

This is a guy that got fewer targets than Jordan Addison, Tyler Lockett, Chris Godwin, Adam Thielen, Keenan Allen and a bunch of other dudes he was better than last season.

I wouldn't sleep on him. He's a lot better than you're giving him credit for, IMO. He's easily a top 10 WR and arguably belongs in the top 5. He was really really REALLY good.
Andre Johnson played with David Carr though, who was pretty terrible, then later Matt Schaub.

I don't think anyone knows how good Brock Purdy is, he could be franchise or he could be just a game manager but he's good in Shanahan's offense. I'd take him over Carr or Schaub.
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:18 PM   #244
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Matt Schaub was a really solid pure passer when he had time and targets. He’s actually pretty close to Purdy, IMO.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 06:45 PM   #245
BIG ME

In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 07:05 PM   #246
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by In58men View Post
Have a long-time work associate whose kid is a college QB and has gone to a lot of these NFL sponsored camps and knows some players around the league (through another venture). Have heard that the SF coaches and the SF front-office aren't on the same page. Receivers get traded (or drafted) to SF and wind up dealing with coaches that publicly despise them and act petty (Shannahan and his shills)...Now that Kyle won the power struggle and the lead guy for their front-office is out it's his show in SF. I personally think he gets humbled and drummed out of SF in three years (or less). Kyle Shannahan has no clue how to evaluate talent and hasn't worked his way up the ranks like his Dad.
seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old Yesterday, 07:13 PM   #247
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by In58men View Post
Kadarius Toney FTW!
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:25 PM   #248
In Search of a Life

It's weird how Aiyuk and Rice are almost identical in terms of size/measurables and yet Rice is a YAC machine like Deebo.

The thing is, I think Rice can be a much better route runner than Deebo, even though I don't think he will ever quite separate like Aiyuk.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 10:15 PM   #249
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
It's weird how Aiyuk and Rice are almost identical in terms of size/measurables and yet Rice is a YAC machine like Deebo.

The thing is, I think Rice can be a much better route runner than Deebo, even though I don't think he will ever quite separate like Aiyuk.
Just give it time.

We used him in a very niche role last season. I think going forward he'll be used more like we used Sammy when he was healthy.

And while I think there may need to be some additional polishing of his technique (primarily footwork from what I can see), I think he'll eventually be an above average separator.

A guy that can pull away from angles like he can with the ball in his hands can absolutely get separation out of a break. It's not like he's a long-strider that's easy to read.

He has good compact strides and fast feet. I'd be surprised if he can't become more and more dangerous in the intermediate parts of the field. And sooner or later they WILL unleash him downfield where he can use that body control to simply take balls away like Higgins does.

I still maintain that he has genuinely elite body control. We just didn't see it put to use a lot last season. But when you remember stuff like that back shoulder catch he made against the Raiders (I think) deep in our own territory - that's the kind of stuff you have to be a bit special to do well.

And he is.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 07:45 AM   #250
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
Kadarius Toney FTW!
I say we trade Kadarius Toney and Skyy Moore to Pittsburgh for 2 cheeseburgers and a ham sandwich.

Pittsburgh can then package them to SF in a 2 receivers for one swap?
Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old Today, 08:33 AM   #251
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosbonian View Post
I say we trade Kadarius Toney and Skyy Moore to Pittsburgh for 2 cheeseburgers and a ham sandwich.

Pittsburgh can then package them to SF in a 2 receivers for one swap?
I’d trade Skyy for Pickens straight up…..
PatMahomesIsGod is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.PatMahomesIsGod is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.PatMahomesIsGod is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.PatMahomesIsGod is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old Today, 02:42 PM   #252
Andy Reid Supporter

So he’s staying huh? This is what sucks about being a reporter. Rickey absolutely had the Steelers stuff right, but shit changed at the last minute and if he stays the trolls will say Rickey sucks and never knew anything

RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 02:57 PM   #253
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
So he’s staying huh? This is what sucks about being a reporter. Rickey absolutely had the Steelers stuff right, but shit changed at the last minute and if he stays the trolls will say Rickey sucks and never knew anything

So then they gonna get out of Deebo's deal?

The 49ers have so many issues with money at this point.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 04:20 PM   #254
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
So then they gonna get out of Deebo's deal?

The 49ers have so many issues with money at this point.
Just play the void year game like the Eagles have done with all of their contracts.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.