Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-02-2023, 09:37 AM   #2431
__

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Rice got more targets than any WR last night. Again he played about half the snaps and he's showing real improvement. Give him time and by December he'll be a viable WR that will take over for Skyy. He'll be already is taking over Sky's role bc even though he doesn't have as many snaps as Skyy, he's getting the targets.

Toney is still in preseason mode. It's like people keep forgetting the guy had surgery and didn't go to camp. He only got 24% of the snaps last night and it was noticeable when he was in. That too will get better.

The real problem is at RB and TE. McKinnon is getting older and it's showing. We need to work hard to find his replacement next Spring bc his age is starting to show and Clyde just ****ing sucks.

We need a TE guys. I like Noah Gray but he just isn't enough. Last night was a good example of how having another talented TE to pair with Kelce could really **** over defenses, but when Kelce is not on the field we don't see much from Gray.

I feel really good about Rice and Toney will still be cheap next year. Not saying we shouldn't invest in a WR but to me the top priorities need to be RB and TE
This is all reasonable.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-02-2023, 09:39 AM   #2432
__

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
The difference between me and you is that I get more shit right than wrong.

You're just flat out wrong the majority of the time.

And I'm sorry, but it's especially reeruned to come away from one practice and say Trent McDuffie, a guy who came out the draft as ready as they come, "wasn't ready", and anybody who questioned it must be wrong because they didn't attend a TC practice like you!
I think we've litigated and re-litigated what was in effect a conversation over a training camp practice from two years ago.

The difference between us is that I'm comfortable with the dexterity of drawing a conclusion off what I'm seeing and not built-in narratives, and then changing my mind as the facts on the ground change. I'm also comfortable with multiple things being true.

I also don't shower the forum with toxicity. So, really, there's several differences.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 09:40 AM   #2433
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
People speculating about which of our receivers might be the best isn't the same thing as going to a training camp practice and thinking your negative evaluation from 200 feet away of a 1st round pick is a real thing.

Sorry, bro, but the guy is a top-5-ish corner in the league less than 400 days later.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-02-2023, 09:42 AM   #2434
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I think we've litigated and re-litigated what was in effect a conversation over a training camp practice from two years ago.

The difference between us is that I'm comfortable with the dexterity of drawing a conclusion off what I'm seeing and not built-in narratives, and then changing my mind as the facts on the ground change.

I also don't shower the forum with toxicity. So, really, that's two differences.
Complete and utter bullshit.

I didn't just argue for McDuffie with you because of "built-in-narratvies".

I drafted him in the CP draft for a reason. He was one of my favorite prospects based solely on what I saw. I don't base my takes on anything other than what I'm seeing.

You just can't accept that fact that your eye for talent is shit, and somebody like me clowned you on McDuffie without having to go scout a TC practice.

I tried to tell you then that your take was completely ridiculous, and you sounded like a guy who watched zero college tape, but you were way too arrogant to listen.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-02-2023, 09:42 AM   #2435
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
So yeah, Skyy Moore is the exact reason you don't take "smart WRs who may be less athletic" early in the draft.

Even if they hit, the upside isn't any different than what you get out of some shit bird 7th round UDFA pick up.

No, you keep taking good players who test well. IF you want elite testers, you're either paying alot for one or you're taking one in the first.
Skyy may be smart but he doesn’t have a feel for the position or the instincts.

Rashee is much more athletic than skyy but where he’s succeeding early where skyy isn’t is the route running and the little adjustments he makes to find a spot to sit in. Those are the kind of things juju did last year even without much athleticism. And I just don’t see skyy doing that. It’s not because he’s dumb, he just doesn’t seem to have a feel for the position. Mecole didn’t either.

Ultimately rashee is also way more athletic with better size than skyy too. But in terms of early successes so much of it is feel.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-02-2023, 09:43 AM   #2436
__

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razaele View Post
https://www.pro-football-reference.c...nap-counts.htm

Going back to this, here's the number of snaps / targets / receptions so far:

MVS 175 / 9 / 6
Moore 175 / 15 / 7
Watson 124 / 13 / 8
Rice 103 / 19 / 13
Toney 54 / 13 / 9
Ross 48 / 2 / 1
James 26 / 3 / 1

Clearly, one of these guys is making more out of his snaps than the others.

Play design and game flow affects this of course, and we know the plan (wise or unwise) was to bank on Toney being our #1 and that is affecting things.

But Rice clearly is making more of the opportunities he's getting than the others are.
MVS target rate is 5% lol
Moore's is 8.6%
Watson is 10.5%
Rice's is 18%
Roney's is 24%

Ross is 4%, James' is 11%
Old 10-02-2023, 09:44 AM   #2437
__

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
People speculating about which of our receivers might be the best isn't the same thing as going to a training camp practice and thinking your negative evaluation from 200 feet away of a 1st round pick is a real thing.
I don't see the difference. Might you explain it?
Old 10-02-2023, 09:45 AM   #2438
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Rice got more targets than any WR last night. Again he played about half the snaps and he's showing real improvement. Give him time and by December he'll be a viable WR that will take over for Skyy. He'll be already is taking over Sky's role bc even though he doesn't have as many snaps as Skyy, he's getting the targets.

Toney is still in preseason mode. It's like people keep forgetting the guy had surgery and didn't go to camp. He only got 24% of the snaps last night and it was noticeable when he was in. That too will get better.

The real problem is at RB and TE. McKinnon is getting older and it's showing. We need to work hard to find his replacement next Spring bc his age is starting to show and Clyde just ****ing sucks.

We need a TE guys. I like Noah Gray but he just isn't enough. Last night was a good example of how having another talented TE to pair with Kelce could really **** over defenses, but when Kelce is not on the field we don't see much from Gray.

I feel really good about Rice and Toney will still be cheap next year. Not saying we shouldn't invest in a WR but to me the top priorities need to be RB and TE
I like Gray alot, but we could use some more athleticism maybe at TE.

There's a really athletic TE in Atlanta that screams "Brett Veach reclaim me".
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-02-2023, 09:46 AM   #2439
The man you could post like.

Whoever pointed out that Direckshun has effectively become Baby Lee lite hit the nail on the ****ing head.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-02-2023, 09:46 AM   #2440
__

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Complete and utter bullshit.

I didn't just argue for McDuffie with you because of "built-in-narratvies".

I drafted him in the CP draft for a reason. He was one of my favorite prospects based one what I saw. I don't base my takes on anything other than what I'm seeing.

You just can't accept that fact that your eye for talent is shit, and somebody like me clowned you on McDuffie without having to go scout a TC practice.

I tried to tell you then that your take was completely ridiculous, and you sounded like a huh who watched zero college tape, but you were way too arrogant to listen.
I would appreciate you not telling me what I think or feel.

I too liked McDuffie's game and rendered him a 1st round talent in the draft, but I recognized weaknesses in his Washington tape that were totally exposed in the practice I saw. I posted to the forum, as I am wont to do, and expressed concern about that.

Once he bounced back from injury and played three really great games, my concerns dissipated.

That's not exactly the same as whatever behavior above you're ascribing to me. But have it your way. I'm sure we'll have this conversation again in like two months, as often as you like to talk about it.

Want to guess how much time I spend stewing over your hot takes that didn't come to fruition?

Guess how many seconds a year I spend thinking about them.
Old 10-02-2023, 09:46 AM   #2441
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
Skyy may be smart but he doesn’t have a feel for the position or the instincts.

Rashee is much more athletic than skyy but where he’s succeeding early where skyy isn’t is the route running and the little adjustments he makes to find a spot to sit in. Those are the kind of things juju did last year even without much athleticism. And I just don’t see skyy doing that. It’s not because he’s dumb, he just doesn’t seem to have a feel for the position. Mecole didn’t either.

Ultimately rashee is also way more athletic with better size than skyy too. But in terms of early successes so much of it is feel.
Skyy was supposed to be that is what I'm saying. He's not, hasn't ever been.

He didn't test well, but had good short area quickness. He doesn't know how to play WR because he played it at a small school in DIV2 where it wasn't required.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-02-2023, 09:48 AM   #2442
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Snatch View Post
Whoever pointed out that Direckshun has effectively become Baby Lee lite hit the nail on the ****ing head.
Your grotesque renderings of language are unfulfilling as a poster. Be better.
Old 10-02-2023, 09:49 AM   #2443
__

Quote:
It's honestly not a bad comparison, we both speak/post similarly. Our political views are polar opposites, but this isn't the forum for that.

I will say that I struggle to understand him half the time. He almost speaks like a post of mine that got translated into Arabic and then translated back into English.
Old 10-02-2023, 09:49 AM   #2444
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I would appreciate you not telling me what I think or feel.

I too liked McDuffie's game and rendered him a 1st round talent in the draft, but I recognized weaknesses in his Washington tape that were totally exposed in the practice I saw. I posted to the forum, as I am wont to do, and expressed concern about that.

Once he bounced back from injury and played three really great games, my concerns dissipated.

That's not exactly the same as whatever behavior above you're ascribing to me. But have it your way. I'm sure we'll have this conversation again in like two months, as often as you like to talk about it.

Want to guess how much time I spend stewing over your hot takes that didn't come to fruition?

Guess how many seconds a year I spend thinking about them.
Saying McDuffie "wasn't ready" based on a single TC practice is one of the worst CP takes of the last 5 years, and no amount of you dancing around how bad of a take it was will change it.

And you were SO sure of yourself. Nobody that didn't attend a TC practice was even allowed to argue otherwise because YOU saw what you needed to see.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-02-2023, 09:52 AM   #2445
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Dude is so ****ing full if himself it is unbelievable.