Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-28-2023, 06:41 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****The Rashee Rice Thread*****

More to come!

Last edited by Dante84; 05-01-2023 at 11:09 PM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2023, 07:45 PM   #226
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1020 View Post
Dont know shit about shit when it comes to a single player in the draft, but from the breakdown of struggling with drops and even in these highlight clips like half of the catches arent clean, is this guy going to be able to handle a Mahomes fastball?
He worked out with him...so my guess would be yes.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 07:46 PM   #227
For The Glory Of The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC_Chief View Post
Sure, but come on, this is over the top. If Rice's comps are these guys... OPY & HOF calibre, why in the hell did he fall that far? I mean damn, this kid is already our best receiver since Hill and hasn't even suited up yet. I sure HOPE he can be that guy, but this reaction screams hyperbole.

JuJu comps makes sense. JuJu++, even better (not outside of possiblity). ROD ****ing SMITH level? Jefferson & Hopkins level?! Damn. So why'd he not go top 10? Top 20? If he IS that guy, cast the statue of Bunt Varch N O W.
You should have just stopped after agreeing with my post.

Really, who exactly should we be comparing players to if not well known NFL players?

This is exactly how everyone helps others understand what type of player you have. Nobody is crowning our new draft pick they are just comparing him.

You seem to be laboring under a weird assumption here.
|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 07:46 PM   #228
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
So, gonna stick with my - "In Veach I trust!" He is the man and if he wants these players then by all means, I accept without issue.

Keep on doing what you do BV!
And Mahomes told Veach to go get him after the workout. Veach went and got him. Reid had to sign off too.

I’ll trust those 3 over the CP posters saying he’s a flop.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2023, 07:47 PM   #229
It's just a ride.

One thing I really like from watching him right now is they have him out wide majority of the time. This guy is no stranger to having DBs at his hip regularly. In a way he's the anti Hyatt - faces contact regularly and even dare I say, thrives off it. Like he demoralizes DBs because he's making his catches in SPITE of them and their best efforts. Also, something no ones talking about is his YAC ability, boy can he make guys miss. I am definitely seeing the Sammy Watkins comps.
Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-28-2023, 07:47 PM   #230
Why so serious?

Quote:
Dont know shit about shit when it comes to a single player in the draft, but from the breakdown of struggling with drops and even in these highlight clips like half of the catches arent clean, is this guy going to be able to handle a Mahomes fastball?
No, that’s a good point. Veach probably didn’t consider that and you should text him and let him know so he can dump him for a compensatory 3rd.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2023, 07:47 PM   #231
Supporter

Canton will need to wait while he wins Superbowls for my favorite team, the Kansas City Chiefs.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2023, 07:49 PM   #232
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
One thing I really like from watching him right now is they have him out wide majority of the time. This guy is no stranger to having DBs at his hip regularly. In a way he's the anti Hyatt - faces contact regularly and even dare I say, thrives off it. Like he demoralizes DBs because he's making his catches in SPITE of them and their best efforts. Also, something no ones talking about is his YAC ability, boy can he make guys miss. I am definitely seeing the Sammy Watkins comps.
He's a true 'X' receiver. On the line, wide, physical, tough kid. You don't have to line him up off the line to get him a release.

I'm telling you, you guys are going to love this kid.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2023, 07:49 PM   #233
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Okay, everyone but one.

No, he was not generally considered a third or fourth rounder. All of the mock databases had him in the second. I often tried to pick him at 63 and he was gone more often than not.

AT Perry? yeah, he's generally considered a third rounder.

Rice was in the grouping in the second round in everything I saw.

except Zeurlein, apparently.

And if they went and got him, they knew that, because Veach is not stupid.
ESPN analytics had him in the 3rd round too based on their algorithm. Again, I like the player, I just don't think we needed to give up anything to get him.

Hindsight is 20/20 and the next WR taken was Mims at 63. Was there a team that needed a WR and was only going to take Rice? Very unlikely.
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 04-28-2023, 07:50 PM   #234
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
is this guy going to be able to handle a Mahomes fastball?
worked out with Mahomes. Mahomes told Veach to go get him. You really think Mahomes is recommending a WR that can’t catch his balls? Really?
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 07:50 PM   #235
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
He's something between what Sammy Watkins was and what he was supposed to be.

The only real concern is route tree stuff. He's gonna have to refine his. But he has the physical tools to be worth the patience, IMO.

And when Moore and Rice go for 1,000 yards each someday, so will end the great WR wars of 2022-23 and we'll just elephant walk our way through the Arrowhead parking lot.
I am so looking forward to this timeline
DanBecky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DanBecky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DanBecky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DanBecky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DanBecky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DanBecky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DanBecky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DanBecky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DanBecky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DanBecky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DanBecky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 04-28-2023, 07:50 PM   #236
MVP

I’ve decided that I’m going to ignore any negatives about this guy and just assume that he’s the next DeAndre Hopkins, because nothing would make me happier
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-28-2023, 07:51 PM   #237
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
worked out with Mahomes. Mahomes told Veach to go get him. You really think Mahomes is recommending a WR that can’t catch his balls? Really?
Workout aint a game and Mahomes also wanted CEH. So...
jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-28-2023, 07:51 PM   #238
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
He's a true 'X' receiver. On the line, wide, physical, tough kid. You don't have to line him up off the line to get him a release.

I'm telling you, you guys are going to love this kid.
It’s a draft that was littered with a ton of small guys who might have trouble playing outside the slot. We got one of the bigger and best alternatives to that. It makes all the sense in the world for what we’re looking to accomplish.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-28-2023, 07:51 PM   #239
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
Nah, those guys just didn’t fall to us and the opportunity wasn’t there to trade up.

We probably draft either if they’re there at 31.
Then why didn’t anything about Rice trickle out? Just not a big enough name for the media to care?
Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Wisconsin_Chief has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 04-28-2023, 07:52 PM   #240
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic View Post
ESPN analytics had him in the 3rd round too based on their algorithm. Again, I like the player, I just don't think we needed to give up anything to get him.

Hindsight is 20/20 and the next WR taken was Mims at 63. Was there a team that needed a WR and was only going to take Rice? Very unlikely.
man, it was a 4 and a 7 with a 6 returning. It's not like we gave up serious draft capital. He was the guy they wanted, so they went and got him. Isn't that what everyone complained about last year? That they didn't go get Pickens and instead sat and waited and took Moore?

I mean, I'm not sure that's a true narrative either, but it seems like Veach can't win with you guys. He went and got the guy they wanted. And we're complaining that the 4th and 7th with a 6th coming back was too much?
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.