Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-02-2023, 09:00 AM   #2371
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
They're going to need to get Montrell Washington involved some as the Z this team desperately needs.
There's a lot in your post that I could/should respond to, but this needs to be addressed first.

WHAT?
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-02-2023, 09:01 AM   #2372
In Search of a Life

It seems pretty obvious why they felt the way they did about Toney this offseason. If he can just stay healthy long enough for them to fully implement the guy, he's a legit high end target.

Everything after that seems to slot in well. So with that being the case, the way they've set this up makes sense in terms of the WR room. Playing everything off him, everyone seems to slot in about where they should.

Then he goes down and misses TC and there's your wrench in the room.

It is what it is at this point, you just keep gutting it out and letting him get back healthy.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-02-2023, 09:01 AM   #2373
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Throwing deep is a combination of trusting your tackles and trusting your WRs.

He doesn't trust either a lot right now.
Eh, I think he has plenty of trust in his OTs. He's not consistently bailing.

I mean sure, he may be worried about a flag being thrown, but I'm not seeing him typically being concerned about being hit.

But yeah, he doesn't seem to have much confidence in his WRs at all. And I still say he just needs to get over that - throw them the ball. If they **** it up, it's on them and sooner or later they'll get replaced.

But hero ball isn't going forward. You're not gonna win 3 playoff games doing that. You need to develop some chemistry with them and the only way to do that is to battle through the rough spots.

He appears content to do that with Rice - he keeps throwing him the ball even after his inevitable first target drop. But he ignores Moore almost immediately and seems to even get down on MVS pretty quickly.

The guys he seems comfortable throwing to are Kelce, Toney and Rice and that's even after Toney's historically bad week 1. So there must be things happening in practice that explain a lot of it.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-02-2023, 09:02 AM   #2374
Veteran

I was at hopeful optimism after week 1.
I'm a bit worried after week 4.

Not saying we shouldn't trade for a guy but its not a bad idea for Veach to be making some inquiries right now.
Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 10-02-2023, 09:03 AM   #2375

Quote:
I don't see how you can watch this team right now and think anything of than it's Kelce + a bunch of dudes.
I think that's exactly what people are seeing.

But ultimately Kelce + a bunch of dudes isn't appreciably worse than what we had last season. If at all.

That's not to say we don't want to see that upgraded and improve, but it's not a fatal flaw either. We've done more with the same.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-02-2023, 09:03 AM   #2376
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Take it down a notch, staylor. Good lord.

There's a conversation to be had here that doesn't involve acting like a toxic manchild.
Not my fault that you're completely oblivious that this is OKchiefs schtick.

He only posts if the Chiefs lose or struggle. He bitches specifically about one position group non-stop. It's used to be corners for a while, but now it's WRs. His entire purpose here is to bitch.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 09:03 AM   #2377
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
There's a lot in your post that I could/should respond to, but this needs to be addressed first.

WHAT?
that was hilarious.
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-02-2023, 09:04 AM   #2378
In Search of a Life

Quote:

WHAT?
Perfect example of why nobody takes anything Direckshun says seriously.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-02-2023, 09:04 AM   #2379
__

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Gray was a 5th rounder, IIRC, and is developing nicely.

CEH is just awful. Just bad bad. THat's a guy that you cut at some point.

I agree with MVS. They need to include some shot plays to the guy.
The only reason to give CEH snaps is to save Pacheco/McKinnon.

I mean, Perine ran hard this preseason. Maybe it's time to give him a look.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-02-2023, 09:04 AM   #2380
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Eh, I think he has plenty of trust in his OTs. He's not consistently bailing.

I mean sure, he may be worried about a flag being thrown, but I'm not seeing him typically being concerned about being hit.

But yeah, he doesn't seem to have much confidence in his WRs at all. And I still say he just needs to get over that - throw them the ball. If they **** it up, it's on them and sooner or later they'll get replaced.

But hero ball isn't going forward. You're not gonna win 3 playoff games doing that. You need to develop some chemistry with them and the only way to do that is to battle through the rough spots.

He appears content to do that with Rice - he keeps throwing him the ball even after his inevitable first target drop. But he ignores Moore almost immediately and seems to even get down on MVS pretty quickly.

The guys he seems comfortable throwing to are Kelce, Toney and Rice and that's even after Toney's historically bad week 1. So there must be things happening in practice that explain a lot of it.
I don't understand the MVS part. Dude has made some really tough catches for them this year. Just kinda weird.

Last night was the typical "Chiefs against a good defense with a bad offense" game. After that first pick he threw, it was a tale as old as time with Andy.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-02-2023, 09:05 AM   #2381

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Not my fault that you're completely oblivious that this is OKchiefs schtick.

He only posts if the Chiefs lose or struggle. He bitches specifically about one position group non-stop. It's used to be corners for a while, but now it's WRs. His entire purpose here is to bitch.
Eh - at least it's not the OL.

Man I do not miss the days of every single one of the world's problems being attributed to the fact that we don't have 3 HoF caliber players on our offensive line.

Yes, the OL was better when it had Roaf, Shields and Waters on it. It was also one of the greatest OLs ever assembled so maaaaaaaaybe that's not a reasonable bar.
Old 10-02-2023, 09:05 AM   #2382
Why so serious?

Quote:

But ultimately Kelce + a bunch of dudes isn't appreciably worse than what we had last season. If at all.

That's not to say we don't want to see that upgraded and improve, but it's not a fatal flaw either. We've done more with the same.
THIS is the only point many of us have been trying to make. We don't think our offense looks great either, but they've been able to win a SB with a group that looks remarkably like the one we have now.

I'm all for ways to improve it through trades, scheme, rotations, etc, but I'm willing to trust that the organization sees what we do and will have things in a better place by the playoffs.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-02-2023, 09:07 AM   #2383
__

Quote:

I think that's fair -- but I do think if you stack up

2022 Kelce
JuJu
MVS
Skyy
Watson
Toney

against

2023 Kelce
MVS
Skyy
Rice
Watson
Toney

Then your 2022 depth chart is probably better.

Really, all of this gets fixed if Toney can just stay healthy for like 6 games in a row. Toney is a legit #1 talent, a true separator down the field.

Once that happens, MVS and Rice start taking #2 and #3 snaps, and Skyy can be rotated in a little bit.

There's something to be said for having 1s play 1 snaps, and 2s and 3s playing role player snaps.
Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.Direckshun is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-02-2023, 09:07 AM   #2384
__

Quote:

WHAT?
The team doesn't have a Z, and Washington is a natural for the role.

I bet he gets some there by November.
Old 10-02-2023, 09:08 AM   #2385
Beyond the Rapids

According to PFR, so far the WR snaps for the season (rounded to nearest 1%) are:

MVS 66%
Moore 64%
Watson 39%
Rice 34%
Ross 21%
Toney 17%
James 12%

Last night:

Watson 61%
Moore 59%
MVS 54%
Rice 46%
Toney 24%
Ross 6%

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...nap-counts.htm
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.