Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-27-2023, 07:56 AM   #2221
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
And yet most people here didn't think the offense was stocked last year and it was the best offense in the league in nearly every category.

This team has spread resources around to every position group. It's not like receivers have been neglected when WR2 during the Mahomes era was Watkins making 16mm/yr and we've spent 3 2nd round picks on WR in the last 4 years while having the league's most WR-ish TE.
I agree.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-27-2023, 07:56 AM   #2222
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoover View Post
Hopkins and OBJ have not done shit this season. And at the price they both demanded, I'm ****ing thrilled with Moore and Rice.
I'm not sure if we could have pulled it off, but the one I think we should have been in one was DJ Moore.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-27-2023, 07:57 AM   #2223
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
I think he will get better but there’s also a chance some of this is just instinct, which seems to come more naturally for rashee and you just have to hope it clicks for skyy. I think he’s a perfectly capable weapon even if he doesn’t get there. But it definitely changes the discussion about his role in the offense.
The tape was why I liked Rice so much.

He just did stuff correctly. Felt zones well, elite body control and knew how to use his size.

He just looked like a guy that would be ready to contribute. What little I could find of Moore, he looked like a guy being used on a limited route tree vs. simple defenses who simply had a long way to go.

But if it's just a steeper learning curve than even I had hoped for, there's still time for him to be a bigger component than he's been. If it's instinct, some of that can be taught/schemed around. And if it's just talent...well, we'll know by December.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2023, 08:00 AM   #2224
In Search of a Life

Moore looks good with the ball in his hands. I'm shockingly not worried about him. Now, will he be....an elite player? I doubt it. Wilder things have happened, but who knows.

They're getting alot of zone right now because of the inexperience. As we get that out of the way and with the OL absolutely dominating in the pass games, we'll slice people up and they'll start playing us more m2m.
Old 09-27-2023, 08:05 AM   #2225
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Snatch View Post
The revisionist history regarding Hill is insane. The Chiefs DIDN'T want to trade him. They made multiple market value offers to him right up to the 11th hour to keep him a Chief. Miami just offered him a deal so lucrative we couldn't responsibly match it.
Honestly had Jax not signed Kirk for what they did and LV not paid Adams even more, Tyreek is still a Chief. The WR market exploded so quickly that Hill quickly became unaffordable for this team, especially with an elite QB already on contract #2.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 09-27-2023, 08:15 AM   #2226
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Nobody was okay with not having good WR's. Nobody.

Some people understand the salary cap implications and some do not, and that's the divide.

Some people think we need to go buy a WR corps to rival Joe Burrow's without realizing that the Bengals aren't paying those guys yet, and they got those guys picking at or near the top of the draft.

Veach has invested a LOT in the WR room in the last year and a half. And I'm sure he'll continue to do so, but it's not going to be in high priced free agents-nor should it. That's going to cost you other in other positions.

This was absolutely the best time to draft and develop the WR room, while you still have Kelce doing Kelce things-and now it looks like you've built a great defense.

Some of these guys are going to pan out. Some may not. But we're going to be better moving forward for the process.
Lets not forget that they have an elite WR core, but their OLine is beyond awful. I would not be shocked if they were willing to trade Higgins and Boyd if it meant having a line like ours. Burrow gets beat up back there routinely, but hey they have cheap WRs right now.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2023, 08:19 AM   #2227
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
Lets not forget that they have an elite WR core, but their OLine is beyond awful. I would not be shocked if they were willing to trade Higgins and Boyd if it meant having a line like ours. Burrow gets beat up back there routinely, but hey they have cheap WRs right now.
Right.

An elite QB with a plus offensive line can make his WRs much better. It gives your QB an opportunity to be the force multplier you're paying him as (to say nothing of keeping him healthy).

But a bad OL w/ an elite WR corps means your QB can't even take full advantage of those guys. And honestly, its not even a smart allocation of resources because a guy like Garappolo can throw to a premier WR corps and put up points - a great QB doesn't do a TON to make those guys better. They're going to be marginally more productive than they'd be with an average QB under center. And when having those guys prevents you from putting an OL in front of your QB, they can't even be THAT productive.

The Chiefs are doing it right.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2023, 08:27 AM   #2228
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Right.

An elite QB with a plus offensive line can make his WRs much better. It gives your QB an opportunity to be the force multplier you're paying him as (to say nothing of keeping him healthy).

But a bad OL w/ an elite WR corps means your QB can't even take full advantage of those guys. And honestly, its not even a smart allocation of resources because a guy like Garappolo can throw to a premier WR corps and put up points - a great QB doesn't do a TON to make those guys better. They're going to be marginally more productive than they'd be with an average QB under center. And when having those guys prevents you from putting an OL in front of your QB, they can't even be THAT productive.

The Chiefs are doing it right.
I've kinda thought about this recently. Any money allocated, is robbing Peter to pay Paul. More of one is less of another so you get into "what can I make up for and what do I need to pay for".

We've talked about this ad nauseum but this current group has Mahomes and Andy. Fair or not, Pat takes a big chunk of the cap so he's gonna have to make some chicken salad somewhere. They've chose to do that at WR more than on the OL.
Old 09-27-2023, 10:13 AM   #2229
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
Because hindsight is 20/20. It was hammered into our heads that our top priority is to hammer the trenches and pass rusher was essential. There are plenty who would’ve been plenty happy if we took a DE, OT, DT or even DBs with our first few picks and maybe waited til the late 3rd or 4th to take a shot at a WR. It’s not the worst strategy given how good our balance is today. But I hope most would agree in hindsight it would suck not to have a prospect like rashee rice.

And in the discussions about how this offense doesn’t necessarily need a WR1 there was certainly an underappreciation (and arguably still is) for the type of skills a primary guy gets you.
This is revisionist hooey.

I'm the freaking poster boy for going young and growing our next group of stars and I always advocated for drafting a WR no later than the second round. I also said before the draft that I felt like that was where the value was at. I never said anything like 'we don't need to restock', I only said **** no to spending big dollars on often injured over 30 free agents.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-27-2023, 10:48 AM   #2230
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I still think it's a timing thing.

He does too much 'stuff' to get open. Too many foot fires and other noise. In doing that, he throws off the timing.

When he's getting throws he's wide open but it's usually later in the progression or on a scramble drill when the timing doesn't have to be as precise. The longer throw this week was against zone and his struggles to operate in zone have been well documented.

On that play he did seem to understand the zone concept better and slow up a bit for the throw.

I don't think it was a lack of opportunity - he just hadn't been working in the offense quite right. But as he gets better with his zone reads, he should get better.
On Rice's first TD I thought he instinctually found the soft spot in that zone and naturally moved to it really well. I've yet to see anything like that out of Moore yet. Some guys just have a feel for the game and some guys don't.
crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 10-01-2023, 04:37 PM   #2231
MVP

We want Chase Claypool for a 5th or 6th?
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-01-2023, 05:07 PM   #2232
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeauford View Post
We want Chase Claypool for a 5th or 6th?
Even TO probably thinks this guy is a cancer
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-01-2023, 07:25 PM   #2233
MVP

Playing like Ass tonight.
comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 10-01-2023, 07:55 PM   #2234
Chiefs

Can’t get open
ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 10-01-2023, 08:07 PM   #2235
Veteran

SD15 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.SD15 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.SD15 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.SD15 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.SD15 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.SD15 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.SD15 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.SD15 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.SD15 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.SD15 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.SD15 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.