Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-26-2023, 03:16 PM   #2161
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
Vance Joseph sucks, Spags is a lot better.

Not crowning them when I think we are still the team to beat.

But with a few injuries to the wrong people they could send us home if they stay healthy.

We can't afford to lose Kelce.
Feels like the clock is just constantly ticking on Mostert, doesn't it? They lose that Patriots game without him, IMO.

Can Achane carry the same kind of load? I dunno (I really like the kid, but that's asking a lot for a smaller rookie back). And I don't think Wilson's nearly as good.

They just seem pretty prone to the standard Bill Belichick treatment. Double Hill with your 2nd and 3rd best DBs, stick your best on Waddle. Work out the rest on the fly.

I don't see a 3rd receiving option that concerns me at all and I don't have faith in Tua getting things done in a maelstrom.

Right now this is like being back at Alabama where they were just out-classing their opposition. Make it harder for him and we'll see what he's got...
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-26-2023, 03:32 PM   #2162
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 View Post
Just to stir the pot...

Are we "spreading the ball around" because we *want* to, or because we *need* to?

My preference would be to have a WR1 that you can depend on, who can take the game over if needed.

We're in a unique situation - we can get away with having a room of WR2-WR5's because we have the best QB on the ****ing planet.

No, because they don't have a QB that can make this work.

We do.
Once your QB makes what ours does, sacrifices have to be made somewhere.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2023, 03:34 PM   #2163
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
DJ and I agree and I cannot for the life of me see why people think differently about this after years of proof.

The "quality" is Patrick Lavon Mahomes and every Super Bowl we've played in with Patrick proves this. The 49ers were a more talented overall team than us but we had Mahomes. The Eagles were a more talented overall team than us but we had Mahomes. The Bucs were a more talented overall team but we had no depth and injuries that piled up.

It's also why I think trading Chris Jones is the best bet we have to dominate. This staff has been unbelievably good at drafting since 2020. I cannot for the life of me understand why folks won't take the draft picks and let them stock even more young talent like they did in the Tyreek trade.

Worst case we get a CEH, Hardman or Skyy who is actually still somewhat productive bc the staff is a goddamned football ministry capable of utilizing talent.
Because you don't have a Mahomes on the defensive side of the ball. That would be Chris Jones.

I don't understand why they can't "stock young talent" with the picks they currently have.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-26-2023, 03:44 PM   #2164
In Search of a Life

Quote:
DJ and I agree and I cannot for the life of me see why people think differently about this after years of proof.

The "quality" is Patrick Lavon Mahomes and every Super Bowl we've played in with Patrick proves this. The 49ers were a more talented overall team than us but we had Mahomes. The Eagles were a more talented overall team than us but we had Mahomes. The Bucs were a more talented overall team but we had no depth and injuries that piled up.

It's also why I think trading Chris Jones is the best bet we have to dominate. This staff has been unbelievably good at drafting since 2020. I cannot for the life of me understand why folks won't take the draft picks and let them stock even more young talent like they did in the Tyreek trade.

Worst case we get a CEH, Hardman or Skyy who is actually still somewhat productive bc the staff is a goddamned football ministry capable of utilizing talent.
But there is also a school that believes we are underestimating what mahomes can do. A lot of people act like last years offense being #1 makes it hard to imagine we’d be much better. I think we’ve been remarkably good but our upside is huge too. We will never replicate our offense success from a few years ago, but I also think our offense can be much better and as it gets better, it’s ok for our defense to get knocked down a peg or 2.

I don’t like the way people misrepresent the argument that we’re better without tyreek. I get why we moved on from him. But if you add a 7th round pick Pacheco that is a very different offense in 2019. If you add justin Watson for free that is a much better offense. Our very tiny shortcomings in those years are not because tyreek got in the way. It was because we could’ve done a better job putting depth around him. The original plan was to put juju to play off tyreek. As good as the offense was last year, does anyone think we wouldn’t have been better with that plus Pacheco?
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-26-2023, 03:48 PM   #2165
In Search of a Life

They decided they couldn't pay Mahomes and Tyreek and field a championship team. It's not complicated.

Pat is making insane money and taking cap space. He has to shoulder alot of the load. Sorry, thems the breaks.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2023, 03:53 PM   #2166
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
They decided they couldn't pay Mahomes and Tyreek and field a championship team. It's not complicated.

Pat is making insane money and taking cap space. He has to shoulder alot of the load. Sorry, thems the breaks.
Like I said I’m fine with that. But that is different than saying 2019 is proof that tyreek makes our offense worse. If we did nearly as good with “value” depth in 2019 as we did in 2020 I’d argue our tyreek offense would’ve been way better than oils 2020 offense
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-26-2023, 04:07 PM   #2167
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Feels like the clock is just constantly ticking on Mostert, doesn't it? They lose that Patriots game without him, IMO.

Can Achane carry the same kind of load? I dunno (I really like the kid, but that's asking a lot for a smaller rookie back). And I don't think Wilson's nearly as good.

They just seem pretty prone to the standard Bill Belichick treatment. Double Hill with your 2nd and 3rd best DBs, stick your best on Waddle. Work out the rest on the fly.

I don't see a 3rd receiving option that concerns me at all and I don't have faith in Tua getting things done in a maelstrom.

Right now this is like being back at Alabama where they were just out-classing their opposition. Make it harder for him and we'll see what he's got...
Mostert is made of glass. No way he is there at the end.
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-26-2023, 04:43 PM   #2168
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Because you don't have a Mahomes on the defensive side of the ball. That would be Chris Jones.

I don't understand why they can't "stock young talent" with the picks they currently have.
McDuffie is very close to a blue chipper in year 2, Karlaftis has 8.5 sacks in his games 13 games, Bolton is universally ranked by media as a top 10 LB by media. That is pretty damn good.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-26-2023, 04:43 PM   #2169
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Okay, if that’s the way you want to play it, whatever.

Point still stands; no playoff caliber team would trade their WR room for ours. And our offense would be significantly improved if we could make such a trade.

But again, jmo.
And again, you reached the wrong conclusion, this time by asking a reasonable question, but at the wrong time.

Would any playoff team trade WR rooms right NOW? Doesn't matter in the slightest. Ask again in January. With a young and proven group there are questions that only game experience will answer. You have no idea if there's a "WR1" on this roster, or three "WR2's". You've arbitrarily decided it's subpar because you're impatient and unwilling to wait and see before labeling.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-26-2023, 04:47 PM   #2170
Veteran

Quote:
McDuffie is very close to a blue chipper in year 2, Karlaftis has 8.5 sacks in his games 13 games, Bolton is universally ranked by media as a top 10 LB by media. That is pretty damn good.
Yeah the big diff is the push from the front 4

Mike danna is playing his arse off and when the k state guy is rotated in he gets an extremely quick push too.
xztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 09-26-2023, 05:07 PM   #2171
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
And again, you reached the wrong conclusion, this time by asking a reasonable question, but at the wrong time.

Would any playoff team trade WR rooms right NOW? Doesn't matter in the slightest. Ask again in January. With a young and proven group there are questions that only game experience will answer. You have no idea if there's a "WR1" on this roster, or three "WR2's". You've arbitrarily decided it's subpar because you're impatient and unwilling to wait and see before labeling.
I mean, cmon… I’m willing to be optimistic and we don’t need to have the same caliber of weapons, but let’s be real here. 10 playoff contenders have a high bar to clear.

cincy, Cleveland, Miami, Jacksonville, Dallas, SF, Philly, Sea, New Orleans, tampa
Old 09-26-2023, 05:46 PM   #2172
The man you could post like.

The revisionist history regarding Hill is insane. The Chiefs DIDN'T want to trade him. They made multiple market value offers to him right up to the 11th hour to keep him a Chief. Miami just offered him a deal so lucrative we couldn't responsibly match it.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-26-2023, 05:57 PM   #2173
The man you could post like.

Good ****ing God, just go and look at the Dolphins salary cap situation going forward. They're currently 40 million OVER, with no easy moves outside of tough cuts and restructuring that'll just push the cap charges forward ala New Orleans, and haven't even signed guys like Tagovailoa, Wilkins, and Waddle yet.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-26-2023, 06:00 PM   #2174
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post

I didn't say they were subpar. I said they were JAGS, which is 'average.' NFL average. That's not bad. But it's not 'great.'

And I think anyone can objectively see that we don't have a true WR1 in the room. Toney would be the closest from a talent perspective, but as he can't stay healthy, at best he's a 2. And that's only if he can be available for at least 12 games/season.

Skyy's upper limit was always a 3. If he becomes a top-tier 3, great, that'll play. he ain't there yet, though.

MVS is a 3, and we literally have 5 years of data to prove it.

Have to prove you're a 1 or a 2 on the field over the course of a regular season, so everyone else in the room is no better than a 3 to this point.

And let's not get crazy; at the end of the 2023 season there's no chance that our WR room will be valued higher than the WRs of: CIN, DAL, SF, PHI, MIA, SEA, DET, NOR, MIN . . . maybe another 2 or 3 WR rooms on top of those.

But as I said three or four posts ago; we don't need "great," we need, at a minimum, "as good as the 2022 KC WRs."

So long as Travis is 100%, of course.

And I don't know what our WRs will become by Week 18, and you don't either.

What I do know is that the odds are largely in favor of them being better than they were in Week 1, but probably not by some huge margin. But all we 'need' is 'improved enough.'

There's more talent among the WR3-5, now than there was in 2021, but by the same token, there's no prime Sammy Watkins-type guy in the room either.

You keep thinking that I'm trying to insult our WRs, when all I'm really doing is trying to be realistic about them. I can see talent among them, I just don't choose to slobber all over one of them when he makes one good catch every other game.

When one of them plays at a high level, consistently, (not elite, I don't expect that, just measurably better than JAG level) I'll be very happy to crown that guy as "good."

We aren't there yet, that's all.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-26-2023, 06:04 PM   #2175
MVP

Who in the actual **** is Chase Cota?
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.