Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-28-2023, 06:41 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****The Rashee Rice Thread*****

More to come!

Last edited by Dante84; 05-01-2023 at 11:09 PM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2023, 01:37 PM   #1846
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
I didn't say that it's just drops. I clearly mentioned the turnovers, and the WR rotation getting cut down due to injuries too.

Again, it's about execution, which goes beyond just drops.

Do you get it yet?
No it isn't We asked mvs and Watson and skyy to do very little as pass catchers, so it's not that like they cleaned up their routes or caught the ball better. We made a strategic choice to design the offense around them instead of through them. That is a dramatically different choice than what we saw in Philly and part of that may have been taking what the defense gave us, but I think we were also more creatively finding ways to get the ball to our 3 weapons instread of allowing the defense to funnel everything to the 3 guys we are scheming out. Overall our off script gameplan was excellent.

You'd expect that defenses will again follow more the philly second half model and keep tight on the short game while funneling to Watson/mvs. And good chance we are better at scheming ways to get the ball to our plaumakers anyway instead of accepting that the defense is letting Watson run free.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2023, 01:39 PM   #1847
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
It isn't simple shit. If you want to simplify some of our stuckness over several months to just catching passes, as if we're dominating second half drives outside of the drops, then yiure just a complete homer which is all you've been when you can't handle a conversation without popping a blood vessel with insults.

This post script offense looked better. Much better. Our rotations were better, we managed the run game well, we set up rashee better, we carved out better roles for skyy and mvs even if that meant arguably hiding them some. But some of that as well has to do with Oakland giving us space to use the short game where philly dared us to win with Watson/mvs. It goes that way too.

So where does that leave us? I think we've figured something out that gets us finally back to the juju standard. I also expect defenses to follow more of the philly second half blueprint. So there's some give and take.
There's nothing dramatically different. They just flat made less mistakes. These things you're talking about are always there, they just haven't gotten it done as consistently. We saw the offense work as it's designed.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2023, 01:41 PM   #1848
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief View Post
It was different. We threw more to Pacheco out of the backfield and did more horizontal shallow crossers than we have in past games.
I agree. Not to mention had a lot of designed blocking schemes to give rice just that little extra space to run after the catch. It certainly felt like a very different gameplan.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2023, 01:55 PM   #1849
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I agree. Not to mention had a lot of designed blocking schemes to give rice just that little extra space to run after the catch. It certainly felt like a very different gameplan.
Definitely different. Skyy was in the slot more and Rice outside more. I expect that to continue and I think that's a better fit for Skyy. Not convinced it will be successful, but it could be. We took advantage of the shorter crossers several times in the game and that opened up the middle a little for our TE's as well. It seemed like we had a more simple game plan which allowed some success. We will see if GB's defense will adjust and if so this should open up some mid to deeper routes.
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 02:00 PM   #1850
Fan since 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by LagunaSWana View Post
Heard on the radio that Rice is #1 in the NFL in YAC per reception. Yup, even more than Reek. That 36 yarder last week probably helped a lot in that regard. I'm really pumped about this guy's future as a Chief.
He is even more explosive after the catch than Tyreek, as crazy as that may sound. I don't remember in my time watching the NFL that I've seen a player with better acceleration after the catch than Rice. It's remarkable to watch.
Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 11-29-2023, 02:02 PM   #1851
In Search of a Life

Quote:
No it isn't We asked mvs and Watson and skyy to do very little as pass catchers, so it's not that like they cleaned up their routes or caught the ball better. We made a strategic choice to design the offense around them instead of through them. That is a dramatically different choice than what we saw in Philly and part of that may have been taking what the defense gave us, but I think we were also more creatively finding ways to get the ball to our 3 weapons instread of allowing the defense to funnel everything to the 3 guys we are scheming out. Overall our off script gameplan was excellent.

You'd expect that defenses will again follow more the philly second half model and keep tight on the short game while funneling to Watson/mvs. And good chance we are better at scheming ways to get the ball to our plaumakers anyway instead of accepting that the defense is letting Watson run free.
Are you seriously saying that the Chiefs didn't do a better job of catching the ball on Sunday?

How many drops did they have?

And again, I don't know how many times I have to say it, but you keep ignoring it. It's about execution. That goes beyond drops. Why are you ignoring the fact that the Chiefs had 2 redzone turnovers in the Eagles game, and turnovers have been an issue all year?

This is why I can't stand going back and forth with you. You don't actually listen to anything. You just keep repeating the same shit. I never said this is simply about drops.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2023, 02:04 PM   #1852
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH83 View Post
To be fair it's all those things and usage, Rice had his highest percentage of snaps on the outside by some measure. I guess that's maybe partly connected to the limited rotation?
Yes, that is exactly my point in bringing up the rotation being cut down.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2023, 02:11 PM   #1853
MVP

Guys, those outlets to Pacheco have been available all season long. Mahomes just hasn't taken them often, choosing to wait for someone to clear downfield. Those shallow crossers are not new, it's a staple of Andy's offense.

All of them, even Mahomes just flat executed the offense as it's always been designed a lot better.

That's not to say that there were no new looks, but there's always new window dressing for what are Andy's fundamental concepts.

But arguing that there was some big change in philosophy is wrong. They just flat played better, and took what the defense gave them and didn't shoot themselves in the foot.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 02:13 PM   #1854
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Guys, those outlets to Pacheco have been available all season long. Mahomes just hasn't taken them often, choosing to wait for someone to clear downfield. Those shallow crossers are not new, it's a staple of Andy's offense.

All of them, even Mahomes just flat executed the offense as it's always been designed a lot better.

That's not to say that there were no new looks, but there's always new window dressing for what are Andy's fundamental concepts.

But arguing that there was some big change in philosophy is wrong. They just flat played better, and took what the defense gave them and didn't shoot themselves in the foot.
Exactly, execution.

I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but even Andy himself has essentially said that this is the issue.
Old 11-29-2023, 02:14 PM   #1855
Veteran

Quote:
It damn sure needed cut down
R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 11-29-2023, 02:15 PM   #1856
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
It helps the offense, and most importantly Travis Kelce, more too. Finally another receiver steps up and makes it to where we don't have to fully rely on Trav.

If this continues we're gonna keep scoring
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2023, 02:24 PM   #1857
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
It helps the offense, and most importantly Travis Kelce, more too. Finally another receiver steps up and makes it to where we don't have to fully rely on Trav.

If this continues we're gonna keep scoring
Chiefs really looked like they can make you PAY if Kelce gets too much attention.

A couple more games like this and Kelce's gonna start getting open a lot more because he's not housing 3-yard drag routes.

They'll let him start to get those easy 10-yard catches rather than get burnt by HOT RICE!!!
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2023, 02:46 PM   #1858
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post

Just different players in different roles. We haven't run near as many short horizontal crossers as we did yesterday that were the #1 if not only read and the others were ready to block. That was a change. Also, the passes to Pacheco weren't the the outlet or checkdown, they appeared to be the primary. Maybe Andy was force feeding Mahomes a bit so we could see the offense function better taking these easy gains. We also executed much better and the receivers looked much sharper after the catch as well.
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2023, 02:46 PM   #1859
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Are you seriously saying that the Chiefs didn't do a better job of catching the ball on Sunday?

How many drops did they have?

And again, I don't know how many times I have to say it, but you keep ignoring it. It's about execution. That goes beyond drops. Why are you ignoring the fact that the Chiefs had 2 redzone turnovers in the Eagles game, and turnovers have been an issue all year?

This is why I can't stand going back and forth with you. You don't actually listen to anything. You just keep repeating the same shit. I never said this is simply about drops.
Who are the biggest culprits of drops and botched routes and how many targets did they get? They didnt make mistakes because we didn't give them opportunities to.

I am not ignoring the 2 red zone drops vs philly. You say it's not about drops and yet keep driving this narrative to just clean up a few mistakes and we're golden. No. We were stuck against philly the second half. We missed opportunities in the red zone but also had a ton missed given how our defense gifted our offense field position and frequent possessions all night.

It isn't just about drops and execution. We found a way to get the ball more to our plaumakers who aren't part of the execution problem in ways we couldn't in prior weeks even when we forced ourself to. Kelce has been blanketed in many games and it's not because he can't execute. Mahomes has been stuck often and it isn't because of this overblown narrative that he's just refuses to check down. Rashee was often well covered last week but this week found opportunities against a good defense.
Old 11-29-2023, 02:49 PM   #1860
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Who are the biggest culprits of drops and botched routes and how many targets did they get? They didnt make mistakes because we didn't give them opportunities to.

I am not ignoring the 2 red zone drops vs philly. You say it's not about drops and yet keep driving this narrative to just clean up a few mistakes and we're golden. No. We were stuck against philly the second half. We missed opportunities in the red zone but also had a ton missed given how our defense gifted our offense field position and frequent possessions all night.

It isn't just about drops and execution. We found a way to get the ball more to our plaumakers who aren't part of the execution problem in ways we couldn't in prior weeks even when we forced ourself to. Kelce has been blanketed in many games and it's not because he can't execute. Mahomes has been stuck often and it isn't because of this overblown narrative that he's just refuses to check down. Rashee was often well covered last week but this week found opportunities against a good defense.
Don't think this was overblown, particularly on some 3rd and Mediums and he would throw deep. I think Andy forced some short easy gain plays on Mahomes so he understands that it can be successful. Everyone executed better on Sunday, from catching to blocking, to running after the catch. It will be interesting to see how we do Sunday night with Moore/Ritchie in the Slot and Rice more outside.