Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-28-2023, 06:41 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****The Rashee Rice Thread*****

More to come!

Last edited by Dante84; 05-01-2023 at 11:09 PM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2023, 12:28 PM   #1831
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
Do you have any volume knob besides blood boiling over mad?

I am just asking a question. Clearly we unlocked something Sunday. it's worth a discussion of what we did differently.

I'm just curious to learn what and how much of that is long term and how much of that is playing what the defense gave us. He's had snaps, targets, and ran "heavy slot" routes before. So what changed? It felt like we were more intentional about our screens and blocking to give him a little space to run (he doesn't need very much) and a few instances of attacking him vs man coverage. At the same time it felt like Vegas was more forgiving on Pacheco as a WR and rashee on the drag than some other teams were. Will we see other defenses play that tighter and force us to open up deep? I don't know

So what really worked this time versus prior weeks? I'm more inclined to think we unlocked something workable versus Vegas just playing us badly
It's not about doing anything different specifically, it's just a learning process. They did everything just a little bit better.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2023, 12:35 PM   #1832
In Search of a Life

They didn't turn it over, commit penalties and drop the football.

It's nothing ground breaking.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 12:38 PM   #1833
In Search of a Life

Exactly. That's my point. They just executed better, and a couple WRs being out kept them from rotating guys in so much.

There's no magic formula/counter that defenses now have to respond to.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2023, 12:45 PM   #1834
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Exactly. That's my point. They just executed better, and a couple WRs being out kept them from rotating guys in so much.

There's no magic formula/counter that defenses now have to respond to.
I'm kind of hoping they continue to move Rice around in the formations and take advantage of some mismatches he poses. Sprinkle in some Toney so he doesn't break for a few games, work James, Hardman, and Moore in the slot. Its probably the best formula for this group.
Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.Warpaint69 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 11-29-2023, 12:46 PM   #1835
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
They didn't turn it over, commit penalties and drop the football.

It's nothing ground breaking.
I'm not so sure about that. It felt to me like we were way more intentionally trying to get the ball to rashee and set up blocking to give him a little space. We threw some really nice designed screens and he was well targeted.

But as an example... Philly actually did a pretty good job of containing rashee. It's not like we refused to target him. He was often well covered. So it feels more than just execution.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2023, 12:49 PM   #1836
In Search of a Life

Id also say this was a unique game where our initial script didn't work, but our adjustments did. Not just a lack of execution. It just wasn't working on the initial drives. That's flipped from what we've been doing.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2023, 12:51 PM   #1837
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I'm not so sure about that. It felt to me like we were way more intentionally trying to get the ball to rashee and set up blocking to give him a little space. We threw some really nice designed screens and he was well targeted.

But as an example... Philly actually did a pretty good job of containing rashee. It's not like we refused to target him. He was often well covered. So it feels more than just execution.
If Rice/MVS/Watson don't drop balls, Kelce and Mahomes don't turn the ball in the red zone, it's a completely different game and performance from the offense.

Again, the biggest difference was clearly execution.

This is exactly why I say you are hilariously clueless. This is very simple shit. Even my ****ing mom who doesn't know shit about football understood this.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2023, 12:54 PM   #1838
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Why move up into the top 10 this year? Thats insane.

In the deepest WR draft in a long time? Makes no sense. We know or everyone should know that we have no chance to compete every year for a SB without hitting on our draft picks. We have to have cheap and good players to offset the Mahomes salary within the cap.

We are dealing with Tuneys salary next year. Even with a great FA signing like this one, that's the penalty for kicking the can down the road and getting some cap room in one year but now we are paying $27 million next year for a LG that we can't get out from under.

The sensible solution is that we tag and trade Jones. Use that draft capital to move up in the draft and get the best WR available at that slot.
People keep saying this like it's an easy thing to get another team to give up high draft picks for an over 30 D Lineman who wants 30 mil a year when that team knows that you can't afford to pay him. If they were to tag Jones that puts them in a difficult situation at best, untenable at worst. IMO they either sign him long term or let him walk. I doubt they tag him at all.
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 01:02 PM   #1839
In Search of a Life

Quote:
If Rice/MVS/Watson don't drop balls, Kelce and Mahomes don't turn the ball in the red zone, it's a completely different game and performance from the offense.

Again, the biggest difference was clearly execution.

This is exactly why I say you are hilariously clueless. This is very simple shit. Even my ****ing mom who doesn't know shit about football understood this.
It isn't simple shit. If you want to simplify some of our stuckness over several months to just catching passes, as if we're dominating second half drives outside of the drops, then yiure just a complete homer which is all you've been when you can't handle a conversation without popping a blood vessel with insults.

This post script offense looked better. Much better. Our rotations were better, we managed the run game well, we set up rashee better, we carved out better roles for skyy and mvs even if that meant arguably hiding them some. But some of that as well has to do with Oakland giving us space to use the short game where philly dared us to win with Watson/mvs. It goes that way too.

So where does that leave us? I think we've figured something out that gets us finally back to the juju standard. I also expect defenses to follow more of the philly second half blueprint. So there's some give and take.
Old 11-29-2023, 01:05 PM   #1840
In Search of a Life

Quote:
It isn't simple shit. If you want to simplify some of our stuckness over several months to just catching passes, as if we're dominating second half drives outside of the drops, then yiure just a complete homer which is all you've been when you can't handle a conversation without popping a blood vessel with insults.

This post script offense looked better. Much better. Our rotations were better, we managed the run game well, we set up rashee better, we carved out better roles for skyy and mvs. But some of that as well has to do with Oakland giving us space to use the short game where philly dared us to win with Watson/mvs. It goes that way too.

So where does that leave us? I think we've figured something out that gets us finally back to the juju standard. I also expect defenses to follow more of the philly second half blueprint. So there's some give and take.
I didn't say that it's just drops. I clearly mentioned the turnovers, and the WR rotation getting cut down due to injuries too.

Again, it's about execution, which goes beyond just drops.

Do you get it yet?
Old 11-29-2023, 01:25 PM   #1841
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
2008-2010 Jamaal Charles was different lol
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2023, 01:29 PM   #1842
Starter

Heard on the radio that Rice is #1 in the NFL in YAC per reception. Yup, even more than Reek. That 36 yarder last week probably helped a lot in that regard. I'm really pumped about this guy's future as a Chief.
LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 11-29-2023, 01:31 PM   #1843
In Search of a Life

Quote:

It was different. We threw more to Pacheco out of the backfield and did more horizontal shallow crossers than we have in past games.
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2023, 01:32 PM   #1844
In Search of a Life

The script was still fine, they were still on it by the 3rd drive.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-29-2023, 01:37 PM   #1845
Veteran

Quote:
I didn't say that it's just drops. I clearly mentioned the turnovers, and the WR rotation getting cut down due to injuries too.

Again, it's about execution, which goes beyond just drops.

Do you get it yet?
To be fair it's all those things and usage, Rice had his highest percentage of snaps on the outside by some measure. I guess that's maybe partly connected to the limited rotation?
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.