Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-28-2023, 06:41 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****The Rashee Rice Thread*****

More to come!

Last edited by Dante84; 05-01-2023 at 11:09 PM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-27-2023, 09:47 AM   #1741
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
The best part about Rice is how many people hated him and the pick (not just on CP or Chiefs fans either).

Brett Kollman and a lot of the draft guys I listen to thought Rice was a mid round pick.

I never understood it.
Yeah, I noticed that almost immediately after the pick was made:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I just started picking through the thread and am pretty damn surprised by the pushback. This guy is an ideal X here. Great ball skills, plays physical, very good in space, good quicks. He didn't time as well as I expected because I actually see strong downfield speed as well but admittedly that could be quality of competition.

Like, I'm not even beating my chest over this one because it just seems like a bit of a 'duh' pick to me. He's gonna he real good, IMO.
I just never understood why anyone was down on this pick. It was just a damn obvious pick to me. He had an obvious role and a clear NFL ready skill-set.

Some people just have no idea what they're looking at and really need it fed to them. And I've already said my piece on NFL Draft Twitter - just a vast echo-chamber of hot-take artists and clout chasers. It's become almost completely worthless.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 09:50 AM   #1742
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Really reminds me of Christian Watson.

I'm not sure how you can compare the two, seems those two players have only two things in common:

They play WR
They improved
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 11-27-2023, 09:54 AM   #1743

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
On his way to being the best Andy Reid rookie WR statistically.

DeSean Jackson- 62 Catches/912 Yds/2 TDs
Jeremy Maclin - 56 Catches/773 Yds/4 TDs
Tyreek Hill - 61 Catches/593 Yds/6 TDs
Reggie Brown - 43 Catches/571 Yds/4 TDs
Mecole Hardman - 26 Catches/538 Yds/6 TDs

Rashee Rice - 44 Catches/527 Yds/5 TDs
75 catches and 1,000 yards is on the table for him.

By no means a given, but those should be his targets. They're attainable and they'll demonstrate sustainable development. They're also a good ring to chase (not too easy; not too hard).

6 games to get 30 catches and 475 yards. 5/80 is really strong pace but he has that ability and it seems like maaaaaaybe we're going to unleash him a bit.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-27-2023, 09:56 AM   #1744
I'll be back.

Quote:
Oh just shut the **** up, goddamn weathervane.

A week ago you're in here shitting on him as not being capable of doing what JuJu could do and just banging on the table about it.

One game later you think he's suddenly figured it all out? Or maybe you just don't know your ass from a hole in the ground?

Stick to the gifs because your 'insight' is worth precisely dick.
It's almost like players improve. Imagine that.

Yes, he's very close to giving us what JuJu gave us last season now.

You don't have to spaz out about it. We weren't getting it until now.

I also never said he wasn't capable.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-27-2023, 11:04 AM   #1745
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Yeah, I noticed that almost immediately after the pick was made:

I just never understood why anyone was down on this pick. It was just a damn obvious pick to me. He had an obvious role and a clear NFL ready skill-set.

Some people just have no idea what they're looking at and really need it fed to them. And I've already said my piece on NFL Draft Twitter - just a vast echo-chamber of hot-take artists and clout chasers. It's become almost completely worthless.
He's gonna look great across from Malik Nabers or Brandon Aiyuk next year here too.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-27-2023, 11:16 AM   #1746
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerchief View Post
His game speed appears to be faster than his combine testing scores, which is great! His 10-20 yd time was great at the combine, but 40 yd lagged a little compared to others. He seems to hit another gear with the ball in his hands.
The Analytics experts said it was mathematically impossible that Rice had such a fast 10 to 20 yards split that ended at a 4.5 finishing point. Thus, whom or what timed him ****ed up
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 11:17 AM   #1747

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
He's gonna look great across from Malik Nabers or Brandon Aiyuk next year here too.
McMillan missed enough time that I wonder if he doesn't go back to Washington for his senior year to try to boost his stock after Odunze goes pro.

Doesn't seem like some strong games in September are going to get him where he wants to be. But if he enters the draft and is there in the 2nd, that's still my guy.
Old 11-27-2023, 11:19 AM   #1748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
The Analytics experts said it was mathematically impossible that Rice had such a fast 10 to 20 yards split that ended at a 4.5 finishing point. Thus, whom or what timed him ****ed up
Yeah, the 4.5 just didn't make a lot of sense to me from what I saw on tape. I assumed I was seeing what I wanted to see since it just never occurred to me that the damn stopwatch might be wrong...

Again - I just never understood the push-back over the pick. It seemed so obvious what the team saw and how he could be used here.
Old 11-27-2023, 11:20 AM   #1749
In Search of a Life

Quote:
McMillan missed enough time that I wonder if he doesn't go back to Washington for his senior year to try to boost his stock after Odunze goes pro.

Doesn't seem like some strong games in September are going to get him where he wants to be. But if he enters the draft and is there in the 2nd, that's still my guy.
I can't imagine he'd do that with the QB being gone.

I'm done with the 2nd round WR's. They need a legit outside guy....trade up or trade for one.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-27-2023, 11:20 AM   #1750
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Quote:
75 catches and 1,000 yards is on the table for him.

By no means a given, but those should be his targets. They're attainable and they'll demonstrate sustainable development. They're also a good ring to chase (not too easy; not too hard).

6 games to get 30 catches and 475 yards. 5/80 is really strong pace but he has that ability and it seems like maaaaaaybe we're going to unleash him a bit.
If that’s the case, the WR room doesn’t seem near as dire as it did.

Get a decent FA and another good early pick in there, and next year could be really good. Especially, if Toney ever becomes a reliable weapon of any kind.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-27-2023, 11:25 AM   #1751

Quote:
I can't imagine he'd do that with the QB being gone.

I'm done with the 2nd round WR's. They need a legit outside guy....trade up or trade for one.
Nah - just scout/draft better.

Presuming for the sake of argument that Hardman was a 'bad' pick - better scouting gets McLaurin or Metcalf.

Rice was a clear win.

Moore's a bust and there wasn't a TON behind him, but if you take Pierce or Doubs (and we'll even set aside Pickens as well for the moment, though I'm not sure why we should) then you're not in awful shape with that pick either.

The 2nd has plenty of WR talent. Now late 2nd thins out a bit, so you may have to trade up a bit there, but you get a lot more movement for your capital in the 2nd than you do in the 1st. What can move you up 10-12 spots in the 2nd moves you up 1-2 in the 1st.

I'm not going to slam the door on the 2nd round just because Skyy Moore is lousy. Because that was a scouting failure and little else.
Old 11-27-2023, 11:28 AM   #1752
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Nah - just scout/draft better.

Presuming for the sake of argument that Hardman was a 'bad' pick - better scouting gets McLaurin or Metcalf.

Rice was a clear win.

Moore's a bust and there wasn't a TON behind him, but if you take Pierce or Doubs (and we'll even set aside Pickens as well for the moment, though I'm not sure why we should) then you're not in awful shape with that pick either.

The 2nd has plenty of WR talent. Now late 2nd thins out a bit, so you may have to trade up a bit there, but you get a lot more movement for your capital in the 2nd than you do in the 1st. What can move you up 10-12 spots in the 2nd moves you up 1-2 in the 1st.

I'm not going to slam the door on the 2nd round just because Skyy Moore is lousy. Because that was a scouting failure and little else.
I'd keep doing that around the margins......but Kelce looks like father time is knocking a bit and we need some horses sooner than later here. I'd imagine all the big guys are gone earlier than we'll pick so that might end up helping a LT fall a bit or a DT.

I'm also just....well I'm jealous of these teams getting these badass WR's early and I would like one. I really want Marvin Harrison to develop some kind of thing that drops him to our pick. How do we do that?
Old 11-27-2023, 11:32 AM   #1753
Stay positive, don't give up

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
If that’s the case, the WR room doesn’t seem near as dire as it did.

Get a decent FA and another good early pick in there, and next year could be really good. Especially, if Toney ever becomes a reliable weapon of any kind.
Not counting on Toney to ever be reliable. Hopefully he will play 20-30 snaps if possible and have a few catches/runs to make an impact. The whole room except Rice needs to be replaced still. Toney I think will be gone once his contract is up. I just don't see him even putting up Watkins #s
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 11-27-2023, 11:33 AM   #1754

Quote:
I'd keep doing that around the margins......but Kelce looks like father time is knocking a bit and we need some horses sooner than later here. I'd imagine all the big guys are gone earlier than we'll pick so that might end up helping a LT fall a bit or a DT.

I'm also just....well I'm jealous of these teams getting these badass WR's early and I would like one. I really want Marvin Harrison to develop some kind of thing that drops him to our pick. How do we do that?
Top 10 is DAMN hard to break into from the back of the round. And that's where you have to get for the kind of guys you're likely to be satisfied with.

Gotta make the right move at the right time. There wasn't anyone in the '23 draft I'd have done that for. Maybe Wilson in the '22 draft (Olave seems to be trending that valuable as well).

This might be a year to do it. Nabers and Odunze are maybe attainable in that range given the depth of the top of the draft. Not sure I'd be too eager to move up that high for Coleman, Mitchell or Egbuka, though.
Old 11-27-2023, 11:38 AM   #1755
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Top 10 is DAMN hard to break into from the back of the round. And that's where you have to get for the kind of guys you're likely to be satisfied with.

Gotta make the right move at the right time. There wasn't anyone in the '23 draft I'd have done that for. Maybe Wilson in the '22 draft (Olave seems to be trending that valuable as well).

This might be a year to do it. Nabers and Odunze are maybe attainable in that range given the depth of the top of the draft. Not sure I'd be too eager to move up that high for Coleman, Mitchell or Egbuka, though.
I don't think I'd actually move up for one to be honest. The value difference between those guys and the guys taken later are there but don't think it's worth the amount to go up and get one.

I'd love for the Saints to want to blow it up and trade us Olave though.