Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-01-2024, 01:11 PM  

Justin Herbert injures his foot - "plantar fascia" issue

wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 01:13 PM   #151
Fan since 1997

Which is not his natural position. Alt was a flawed prospect to begin with, now you are playing out of his natural position.
Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old Yesterday, 01:14 PM   #152
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chieftain View Post
Nabers was a consensus Top 2 receiver in the draft. When Harrison Jr was gone, he was clearly the best player available, at any position. Chargers didn't need a LT. But they needed an elite receiver who they'd have control of, over the next 5 seasons. A talent like Nabers doesn't grow on trees. You draft him there and don't think twice. You don't need an elite OLine to make a run but you need elite weapons to supplement for a lack of an elite defense. It's poor allocation of resources. I get the philosophy behind the pick but the issue is they drafted the wrong player. Get a natural right tackle instead.
Nabers reminds me a lot of Chase.

And if that's the kind of player he becomes, Alt needs to be Orlando Pace for that to not be a bad decision.

I think it's a hell of a lot more likely that Nabers becomes Chase than it is that Alt becomes Pace.

O.City is right in that Alt better fits what Harbaugh wants to do than Nabers does - which is an indictment on the Harbaugh hire rather than any sort of defense of the pick. If Harbaugh's plan is to ground and pound his way to anything relevant, it ain't gonna go the way he thinks it will.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 01:23 PM   #153
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
It was implied.
It was not.
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 01:23 PM   #154
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Nabers reminds me a lot of Chase.

And if that's the kind of player he becomes, Alt needs to be Orlando Pace for that to not be a bad decision.

I think it's a hell of a lot more likely that Nabers becomes Chase than it is that Alt becomes Pace.

O.City is right in that Alt better fits what Harbaugh wants to do than Nabers does - which is an indictment on the Harbaugh hire rather than any sort of defense of the pick. If Harbaugh's plan is to ground and pound his way to anything relevant, it ain't gonna go the way he thinks it will.
In today's NFL, how much of a difference is there in say, Jamar Chase and say....Aman Ra or Chris Godwin?

Is that enough for you to go from....I dunno spitballing here, Alt to insert your run of the mill 2nd/3rd round T prospect?

I've just kinda changed my mentality here a bit. It seems to be playing out that it's alot easier to find really good WR's......shit thru round 4?

OL play is such shit that it's hard for me to forego a guy like Alt. They went Alt/McConkey. Is that worse than Nabers/Patrick Paul?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:24 PM   #155
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chieftain View Post
I told a buddy of mine who is a Charger homer that if you draft Alt, you'll piss off Slater who wants to be the LT because he's looking for that LT money when his first big contract comes up. He said to me, it don't matter what Slater thinks, you move him to play RT.
Madden thinking
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 01:25 PM   #156
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphojunkie View Post
It was not.
Sorry, it was. High level thinkers got it.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 01:25 PM   #157
Fan since 1997

The NFL is a passing league. You don't go far in the playoffs by having an elite run and grind game. Chiefs had a poor run defense last season and it mattered little. You need an elite passer of the football, which the Chargers have, and provide him with above average weapons and defense. This has been the proven formula for a decade, now. Herbert needs quality receivers to succeed. He is no Mahomes who can carry his team to a SB with scrubs.
Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old Yesterday, 01:26 PM   #158
Hockey Town

Quote:
In today's NFL, how much of a difference is there in say, Jamar Chase and say....Aman Ra or Chris Godwin?

Is that enough for you to go from....I dunno spitballing here, Alt to insert your run of the mill 2nd/3rd round T prospect?

I've just kinda changed my mentality here a bit. It seems to be playing out that it's alot easier to find really good WR's......shit thru round 4?

OL play is such shit that it's hard for me to forego a guy like Alt. They went Alt/McConkey. Is that worse than Nabers/Patrick Paul?
At what point are you completely overinvested?

They have an OT that was taken in the top 15, an OT in the top 10 and a guard in the 1st round.

At some point that is going to bite you because you are just skimping elsewhere.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 01:29 PM   #159
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
At what point are you completely overinvested?

They have an OT that was taken in the top 15, an OT in the top 10 and a guard in the 1st round.

At some point that is going to bite you because you are just skimping elsewhere.
New regime though. Where the past guys were taken, doesn't necessarily matter to them (arguable if it should or not).
Old Yesterday, 01:30 PM   #160
Hockey Town

Quote:
New regime though. Where the past guys were taken, doesn't necessarily matter to them (arguable if it should or not).
In the end it doesn't matter, in today's NFL if you take an OT over an elite playmaker you ****ed up.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 01:31 PM   #161
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:

Yes, because you're taking your supposed stud T and knocking him down a few pegs by making him play out of position.

Is he smart/good enough to make the transition? Probably, but it's not as sure as it was if he had just played LT.

I'll ask again. Why do you think Latham is a T not good enough to play T just because he played on the right side in college?
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 01:34 PM   #162

Quote:

St. Brown is a far cry from Godwin.

Again, in a vacuum I don't disagree with you, but you're not getting the best use of your asset by a taking a guy that high and playing him at RT. RTs just aren't as hard to find.

If you don't have a premier LT, I could defend the approach. But it's just wild overkill in this instance.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 01:35 PM   #163
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
Yes, because you're taking your supposed stud T and knocking him down a few pegs by making him play out of position.

Is he smart/good enough to make the transition? Probably, but it's not as sure as it was if he had just played LT.

I'll ask again. Why do you think Latham is a T not good enough to play T just because he played on the right side in college?
Guys that are that good generally end up at LT in college. Them not putting him there, tells me he wasn't good enough to play it. If he can't play it in college, he probably isn't doin it in the NFL.

Latham is a good player. I'm not sure he's athletic enough to stick at T in the NFL.
Old Yesterday, 01:36 PM   #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post

Imagine signing Derrick Henry to play fullback.

Oh sure, you'll still get value out of him in a sort of supercharged Alstot role, but he's overqualified for the role and can't be put to his highest and best use there.

Even if you like running the ball, you're getting diminishing returns if you have Henry and Josh Jacobs running the ball for you while you try to make due at WR.

It's just overkill.
Old Yesterday, 01:37 PM   #165
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
St. Brown is a far cry from Godwin.

Again, in a vacuum I don't disagree with you, but you're not getting the best use of your asset by a taking a guy that high and playing him at RT. RTs just aren't as hard to find.

If you don't have a premier LT, I could defend the approach. But it's just wild overkill in this instance.
I'm not sure I agree wiht the "RTs aren't as hard to find". Not as hard to find as LTs?

I was just using St. Brown and Godwin as examples of guys found later, not inferring anything about them now as a player.