Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-18-2023, 04:08 PM   #1621
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
He learned some lessons early on.

Frank Clark was a pretty obvious one. Sammy Watkins was another. Anthony Hitchens was likely another.

Now an argument is that he didn't have a choice - he had a QB on a rookie deal with an open championship window so he had to grab it. But give that opportunity to him again and I think the Hitchens deal is replaced by a Tranquil sort of move for a solid veteran on a short-term deal.

Watkins might have been replaced by a mid-tier veteran like an MVS sort of player rather than paying top of he market for a #2 ceiling. Mathieu might have been the same animal; a Reid kind of good player who gets paid like a good player instead of re-setting the market. As for Clark - I think you get, at most, a Brown sort of return; he's not giving up a 1st and a 2nd for a pending FA.

He's gotten a LOT more measured in how he approaches his roster building.

As I said way back when - you race the track; not the drivers. Worry about building your team - not anyone else's. And by and large he's been content doing that.

I think it will continue to pay dividends even when it makes some short-term headaches like we're experiencing at the moment.
The issue happens when you get to needing a LT or a blue chipper on the defense.

We seem to have gotten one with McDuffie for sure and there are a few others that could develop, but without Jones that unit is a probably a top 15ish, whereas with him....I dunno it may be one of the 3 better D's in the league?

The Cowboys are better, Parsons is LT 2.0. The Jets maybe better.

I think they're right there with the 9ers though.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-18-2023, 04:26 PM   #1622
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
The issue happens when you get to needing a LT or a blue chipper on the defense.

We seem to have gotten one with McDuffie for sure and there are a few others that could develop, but without Jones that unit is a probably a top 15ish, whereas with him....I dunno it may be one of the 3 better D's in the league?

The Cowboys are better, Parsons is LT 2.0. The Jets maybe better.

I think they're right there with the 9ers though.
About half the blue chip guys in the league were 'can't miss' and the rest are quality guys who developed better than you expected. For every Bosa is a Jones. For every Jefferson a Kelce.

Keep drafting quality guys and you'll find a blue chipper. Trade up for a McDuffie - develop a Sneed.

Keep drafting good players and paying good coaches and eventually you come across stars as talent/drive meet opportunity.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 04:31 PM   #1623
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post
Maybe just semantics, but by the mid-point of the season in an ideal scenario these two see their snaps decreased with the young guys all seeing more snaps. If that doesn't happen then I think 1 or more of the young guys didn't step up as hoped. There are only so many snaps to go around, and we don't go 3-4 wide on every play. Eventually MVS/Watson will need to see a reduced snap count for the young guys to continue to get more opportunities.

I understand it's way too early at this point to expect that, but by week 10 or so we should see things starting to trend in that direction.
Watson, yes, MVS probably not, as we don't have another pure speed guy. I mean Toney maybe could, but it's kind of a waste of everything else he can do.

Watson is getting a lot of snaps right now because he can play all of the spots and even fill MVS snaps, although not at a high level. He just knows where and what he needs to do.

But he's not a high ceiling player. So the snaps he's getting should, in time, be Rice/Ross? Snaps.

I'm a Ross fanboy, but he hasn't done anything yet.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-18-2023, 04:33 PM   #1624
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
****ing hell. I’m not pissing myself. I have said repeatedly I am hopeful rice or maybe ross fills that juju void. I like that option… for now… and I’m patient about waiting for it. But until that guy steps up and plays that role, it is a key role we are missing. The idea that everything will fall into place without that primary guy is disingenuous.

Many of our guys seem more defined as role players. And they will get better and better in those roles with reps, and that is a terrific complement to the primary guy who hasn’t emerged yet. It doesn’t have to be Justin Jefferson. A middling WR like juju will do. for now. It’s not some ridiculous bar and again I’m optimistic rashee can meet it. But that’s doing a tremendous disservice to the role juju played last year if we want to pretend it can just disappear. Sure you’ll have guys who step up and matchups to exploit and you can scheme guys open. But if there are a lot of situations and reps where these guys can’t get open, then there are going to be a lot of reps where none of our guys can get open. That’s why you need that safety valve.
Man you just talk in circles. You're just arguing to argue, with no actual position.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 04:40 PM   #1625
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
About half the blue chip guys in the league were 'can't miss' and the rest are quality guys who developed better than you expected. For every Bosa is a Jones. For every Jefferson a Kelce.

Keep drafting quality guys and you'll find a blue chipper. Trade up for a McDuffie - develop a Sneed.

Keep drafting good players and paying good coaches and eventually you come across stars as talent/drive meet opportunity.
Probably

But maybe not at LT
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-18-2023, 04:52 PM   #1626
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Man you just talk in circles. You're just arguing to argue, with no actual position.
Wtf. Talking in circles? This isn’t hard to follow.

We have not backfilled juju yet. Good chance we will as the season progresses (rice… cough cough), but not yet. You keep shitting on the idea that we need a primary guy to keep the room together as if this role wasn’t important. As if the pieces come together with a bunch of sporadic producers who just get better with repetition. We will make it work but the pieces do not come together truly until we find that guy. So this idea that we just clean up the drops is sugarcoating as if this issue isn’t looming until someone ultimately grows into this role.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-18-2023, 04:56 PM   #1627
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Ten Beers View Post
This thread has been AMAZING

I went to bed, then woke up to find out this place absolutely SAVAGED itself over this issue, its classic CP

As for me, I'm fine with continuing to groom these kids into salty vets by december... we took a shot on Hopkins and he chose money over Super Bowls, so whatever

I'm in total agreement with OTW that we need to be seeing much more of Rice, and I also think its time for Ross to start getting some targets
We did?
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-18-2023, 04:56 PM   #1628
MVP

Quote:
Wtf. Talking in circles? This isn’t hard to follow.

We have not backfilled juju yet. Good chance we will as the season progresses (rice… cough cough), but not yet. You keep shitting on the idea that we need a primary guy to keep the room together as if this role wasn’t important. As if the pieces come together with a bunch of sporadic producers who just get better with repetition. We will make it work but the pieces do not come together truly until we find that guy.
WE NEED A GUY THAT'S THE GUY

-yeah, that's why we drafted 2 guys in the second and traded for Toney and red-shirted Ross.

BUT WE DON'T HAVE THAT GUY TO BE THE GUY

-yeah, well, it's week 2, these guys need to play and we'll see what shakes out

BUT OMG WE NEED A GUY TO BE THE GUY AND WE DONT HAVE ONE

-yeah, well, it's week 2, maybe we have that guy

BUT WE DONT HAVE A GUY TO BE THE WR1!

-maybe we do, we need to play them and see

BUT WE NEED A GUY TO BE THE GUY, WHY DONT WE HAVE A GUY TO BE THE GUY!?

Holy shit, dude.
Thumbs Up 7 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 05:04 PM   #1629
Andy Reid Supporter

We tried trading up and teams didn't want to trade with us. That's what happens when you're top dawg.

It is what it is.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 05:05 PM   #1630
The man you could post like.

Quote:

-yeah, that's why we drafted 2 guys in the second and traded for Toney and red-shirted Ross.

Holy shit, dude.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-18-2023, 05:05 PM   #1631
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
We tried trading up and teams didn't want to trade with us. That's what happens when you're top dawg.

It is what it is.
I'm not convinced it would have been a WR.

I'm thinking it was either a tackle or Mazi.
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-18-2023, 05:07 PM   #1632
In Search of a Life

Quote:

Holy shit, dude.
You’re being a total asshole. I don’t know what’s gotten into you.

I didn’t ****ing say we don’t have that guy on our roster. Or that we should panic he’s not there in week 2. And I’ve been crystal clear I like the idea of seeing if rice or maybe Ross can become that guy but it will take time. You are putting all kinds of words in my mouth.

But until that guy emerges we don’t have that guy YET. And until that guy emerges it’s a major gap to the pieces coming together. It isn’t just cleaning up drops. And it’s responding to the idea that a primary guy doesn’t matter as if backfilling jujus role in the offense isn’t important. I’ve expressed patience and optimism that we will get there, but don’t tell me this role isn’t important.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-18-2023, 05:13 PM   #1633
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:
You’re being a total asshole. I don’t know what’s gotten into you.

I didn’t ****ing say we don’t have that guy on our roster. Or that we should panic he’s not there in week 2. And I’ve been crystal clear I like the idea of seeing if rice or maybe Ross can become that guy but it will take time. You are putting all kinds of words in my mouth.

But until that guy emerges we don’t have that guy YET. And until that guy emerges it’s a major gap to the pieces coming together. It isn’t just cleaning up drops. And it’s responding to the idea that a primary guy doesn’t matter as if backfilling jujus role in the offense isn’t important. I’ve expressed patience and optimism that we will get there, but don’t tell me this role isn’t important.
You're spot on. It's a very important role.
TEX has disabled reputation
Old 09-18-2023, 05:16 PM   #1634
pie is never free

Quote:
Its why there is just no point in carrying on with zilla, once he gets up on that stump with a head full of self righteous fury... you're either gonna have to shoot him dead , or simply walk away
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 05:17 PM   #1635
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEX View Post
You're spot on. It's a very important role.
Last year it was basically:

1WR Travis Kelce

2WR JuJu Smith-Schuster

3WR MVS

This year we haven't really had Travis or at 100% and no #2 NFL WR.

Just the decoy in MVS.