Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Yesterday, 05:29 PM  
Pedantic

A Levelheaded Review Week 2 2024

Mahomes just flat out missed that LB lurking and threw it right to him. The pass to Rice for a TD was a thing of beauty. Perfectly placed just out the reach of the defender and right in the bread basket of Rice. That second pick was Mahomes frustration he really likes pushing the ball down the field and the Bungholes really know how to take that away and force us to play the short game.

The PI call on McDuffie was bad, Chase grabbed him by the shoulder pads inside the neck and pulled him in. The PI Non-call on Rice was terrible, the defender was there waaay before the ball.

Steele fumble just need better ball protection when running thru crowds. Defender did a good job of loading up a nice punch to knock it out. Just needs to learn from it and push on to the next rep.

Our biggest weakness on defense these first two weeks seems to be TE's. The LB's just don't seem the same without Gay out there. Bolton in coverage is always trailing...

Pacheco is looking really good this year running the ball hard and getting a lot more YPC (5.1 YPC in the first half). Also really has seemed to improve his receiving out of the backfield

Notable that Skyy Moore is getting snaps, haven't seen any Juju in the first half. Seems that most of the Offensive sets have been Worthy and Rice. Watson sprinkled in a couple of times.

Kickoff roatation has been Moore, Hardman, Steele. Hardman and Steel had been the "starting" duo last week on kickoffs. Interesting to see Moore mixed in this week makes me wonder if they are showcasing him as part of a trade for another player since we are still sitting at 52 on the active roster after Hollywood was placed on the IR.

I really wanted to see the 68 yard field goal but with 24 seconds left it was the right call and Ariaza pinned them deep and made the Bungles run the QB sneak. Could have easliy turned into 2 points.

2 things on the first drive after halftime - a thing of beauty - not what we are used to seeing but if they wanna let us pound it down their throat then we will oblige and two - holy hell Kingsly must have gottn popped good in the mouth/nose. His chin strap was covered in blood.

Wanya Morris for the TD lol - love seeing the fat guys get a TD. Could have easily gone to Kelce in the back of the EZ.

Reid leaving the game to have his hand looked at again. Hope everything is okay.

That could have been a great goal line stand but the rush kinda quit on the 4th down play. Looked like they were really tired -- bonus that their kicker missed the PAT.

The defensive line doesn't really seem to really get much of a push outside of Jones. But comes up huge with the strip and fumble return by Connor for a TD. Bummer we missed the 2Pt conversion but we needed the score by the D after the last INT.

Kingsley was getting taken to task by Hendrickson as the game wore on. Definitely need to work on figuring out LT. If he is getting abused by Hendrickson then Crosby and others are going to eat him alive. Morris seemed to fair a little better on the last drive after they pulled Kingsley. I thought the hands to the face was pretty ticky tacky. Yes, he got his hands up in Hendricksons face but it seemed pretty incidental and they came off just as fast as they went on. It wasn't a sustained hands to the face.

That was an excellent PI call on 4th and 16 he was there way too early. Too bad they missed the earlier PI call where Rice was hit too early.

Butker with the 51 yard FG for the win. Starting to be pretty standard that the Cheifs win against the Bangles by a FG. What a game.

Chamarri Connor on the DB blitz. What a timely sack to give the ball back to Mahomes with just over 2 minutes to go in the game.

Last edited by DenverChief; Today at 11:01 AM..
DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 07:13 PM   #31
Pedantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777 View Post
LT is obviously the alarm right now, we saw the rookie's floor and it's not good enough. Tackle play completely derailed the offense. Can the coaching staff get him or Morris to an acceptable level?
I wouldn't say alarming - it didn't really seem to be a problem until the later 3rd/4th - wondering if Hendrickson was pouring on a physical beating. The pic above was just before the 4th when he got pulled.
DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 07:24 PM   #32
Pedantic

I was really surprised that Juju wasn't involved....wonder if he is still trying to get his legs under him...no pun intended.
Old Yesterday, 08:01 PM   #33
Pedantic

2024 Week 1

Rice 7/9 for 103 yards 14.7 YPC
Worthy 2/3 for 47 yards 23.5 YPC
Gray 3/3 for 37 yards 12.3 YPC
Kelce 3/4 for 34 yards 11.3 YPC
Pacheco 2/3 for 33 yards 16.5 YPC
Watson 1/1 for 25 yards 25 YPC
Perine 1/2 for 10 yards 10 YPC

2023 Week 2
Moore 3/4 for 70 yards 12.3 YPC
Watson 3/5 62 yards 18 YPC
Toney 5/5 for 35 yards 7.4 YPC
Gray 3/3 for 38 yards 3.7 YPC
Kelce 4/9 for 26 yards 3.5 YPC
McKinnon 3/3 for 24 yards 8.0 YPC
CEH 2/2 for 17 yards 7.5 YPC
MVS 2/3 for 23 yards 6.5 YPC
Rice 2/2 for 10 yards 10 YPC
Pacheco 1/2 for -7 yards

vs 2024 Week 2

Rice 5/6 for 75 yards 15.1 YPC
Watson 2/2 for 22 yards 11.0 YPC
Pacheco 5/5 for 21 yards 4.2 YPC
Worthy 2/4 for 17 yards 8.0 YPC
Wiley 1/1 7 yards
Kelce 1/3 5 yards
Perine 1/1 3 yards
Morris 1/1 1 yard
Old Yesterday, 08:14 PM   #34
Starter

There is some fat that needs to be trimmed from this roster. Looking at Nnadi and Skyye. Let Lovett play and see what he can be. Pernell is a great run stuffing guy and Wharton is just a JAG. I’d cut Wharton and Nnadi bring up Tuitupo and Lovett up. We need more inside help with jones.

WR needs help with Hollywood going down. Juju and Moore are a waste of roster space.

Bolton needs to sit in obvious passing downs let Hicks and Tranquill play the LB spots in those situations.
Palangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old Yesterday, 08:19 PM   #35
Politically Incorrect

5 of the next 6 opponents have some pretty good defenses and top notch pass rushers.

Andy better fix his shit immediately.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:20 PM   #36
pie is never free

Even during a win its tough to find anything worth bragging about tonight, we just gutted it out by the hair of our chinny chin chin... literally nothing stood out tonight, yet we still won

Maybe the lesson here is that you can suck ass, and still win if you're good enough down in the bones of your franchise
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 11:14 PM   #37
Old, not Dead

Play was sloppy on the offensive line.
There were too many penalties as a result of being sloppy.
I also ding Andy Reid because his play calling was horrid.
But a win is a win.
LongSufferingToady must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LongSufferingToady must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LongSufferingToady must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LongSufferingToady must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LongSufferingToady must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LongSufferingToady must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LongSufferingToady must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LongSufferingToady must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LongSufferingToady must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LongSufferingToady must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LongSufferingToady must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old Yesterday, 11:18 PM   #38
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHelicopters View Post
Butker has ice water in his veins.
He’s doing God’s work.
UteChief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.UteChief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.UteChief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.UteChief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.UteChief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.UteChief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.UteChief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.UteChief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.UteChief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.UteChief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.UteChief must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old Yesterday, 11:23 PM   #39
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
Butker is the GOAT kicker.

No one else has this combination of accuracy, power, clutch, accolades, and titles.

This is Justin Tucker plus Adam Vinatieri.
He reminds me of me kicking field goals in Madden. Or, anyone who isn't an idiot kicking field goals in Madden.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 11:26 PM   #40
Veteran

There was plenty of bad. We have a lower floor at LT than last year, to be honest I expected this. We're just going to have to give the guys more help and hope they develop. Alongside the Holywood injury it'll limit what they can do. Holywood AND Worthy was what, for me, would take this offense to a whole new level. Without the former I think we're closer to last year than we'd like.

The defense looks worse than last year. Again, I expected this but the problem looks like an LB and DL one, not an issue with our CBs. I'd expect this to improve but the lack of a LB who is good in coverage (no, I don't count Tranquil) is a problem. Obviously our DTs not called Jones are horrible and our DEs are not, sadly, Hendricksen.

Bengals are going to be a hard out, again. They have Jenkins, Higgins and Mims to come back. Burton will be brought on. They seem to have found some TEs. And their defense always gives Mahomes fits.

On the other hand...we won, and we'll clean bits up. F*** the Bengals.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:27 AM   #41
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH83 View Post
There was plenty of bad. We have a lower floor at LT than last year, to be honest I expected this. We're just going to have to give the guys more help and hope they develop. Alongside the Holywood injury it'll limit what they can do. Holywood AND Worthy was what, for me, would take this offense to a whole new level. Without the former I think we're closer to last year than we'd like.

The defense looks worse than last year. Again, I expected this but the problem looks like an LB and DL one, not an issue with our CBs. I'd expect this to improve but the lack of a LB who is good in coverage (no, I don't count Tranquil) is a problem. Obviously our DTs not called Jones are horrible and our DEs are not, sadly, Hendricksen.

Bengals are going to be a hard out, again. They have Jenkins, Higgins and Mims to come back. Burton will be brought on. They seem to have found some TEs. And their defense always gives Mahomes fits.

On the other hand...we won, and we'll clean bits up. F*** the Bengals.
Yes, figured with Hollywood + Worthy the offense would be next level, and would be able to compensate for the defense taking a step backwards. I think the biggest problem with the offense is LT.
TEX has disabled reputation
Old Today, 10:41 AM   #42
Pedantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
5 of the next 6 opponents have some pretty good defenses and top notch pass rushers.

Andy better fix his shit immediately.
Falcons, Chargers, Saints, 49ers, Raiders and Bucs?

The Chargers have played the Raiders and the Panthers not exactly offensive powerhouses.

The Falcons are meh on D at best.

The Saints are boat racers on O

The 40ers have a decent defense

The Raiders also have a decent defense

The Bucs are pretty good as well
Old Today, 11:17 AM   #43
Veteran

Did it look like Pat was throwing different? Seems like he wasn't coming over the top like he normally does and was more short-arming his throws. Maybe I'm way off but just looked weird to me.
tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.tyton75 is not part of the Right 53.
Old Today, 11:48 AM   #44
Pedantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyton75 View Post
Did it look like Pat was throwing different? Seems like he wasn't coming over the top like he normally does and was more short-arming his throws. Maybe I'm way off but just looked weird to me.

Interesting. I'll have to go back and watch.
Old Today, 01:16 PM   #45
Stay down bitch!

I think one of the clutch moments of the game was that last disguised blitz to sack Burrow. Spags is like a championship poker player that knows the right time to bluff or go all in. He picked just the right moment to call that blitz and Burrow didn’t know what to do,
PunkinDrublic has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.PunkinDrublic has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.PunkinDrublic has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.PunkinDrublic has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.PunkinDrublic has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.PunkinDrublic has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.PunkinDrublic has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.PunkinDrublic has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.PunkinDrublic has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.PunkinDrublic has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.PunkinDrublic has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.