Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Yesterday, 12:38 PM  
Grand champ

For those with children: Do you think you’re a better parent than your parents were?

Discuss
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 08:44 PM   #76
What's up braj?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
I know I wouldn't be so that's why I never had kids
Thank god.
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:39 PM   #77
Starter

I'm not in prison, so that's a good start.
DementedLogic has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DementedLogic has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DementedLogic has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DementedLogic has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DementedLogic has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DementedLogic has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DementedLogic has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DementedLogic has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DementedLogic has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DementedLogic has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.DementedLogic has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old Yesterday, 09:41 PM   #78
Veteran

My daughter is only 5 so jury is still out.

My parents worked a ton and were very career focus. We were the latch key generation and was basically left to our own devices. They use to drop my sister and I off at a water park every day over the summer as basically our baby sitter at a very young age. I couldn't even imagine putting my daughter in a situation like that.

They were great parents though but definitely a lot tougher/corporal punishment then I am. We will see if my daughter turns into a little shit once she is older.
Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.
Old Yesterday, 09:44 PM   #79
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Moving out to a slightly different question, a question for everybody. Do you find that your relationship with your parents was better in childhood or as an adult? In other words, did your relationship improve over time or decline?

Sadly, my relationship with my parents declined notably when I became an adult, and has generally declined a bit more every passing year. Among other issues, they never wanted to evolve into a peer relationship from an authoritarian relationship, even forty years after I became an adult, and it's a continual source of friction.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 10:29 PM   #80
MER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Moving out to a slightly different question, a question for everybody. Do you find that your relationship with your parents was better in childhood or as an adult? In other words, did your relationship improve over time or decline?

Sadly, my relationship with my parents declined notably when I became an adult, and has generally declined a bit more every passing year. Among other issues, they never wanted to evolve into a peer relationship from an authoritarian relationship, even forty years after I became an adult, and it's a continual source of friction.
The older I get the more I understand her.
And the less the comprehension affects me, the easier it is to just love her.

I’m obsessed with the feeling my new kitten gives me. I’m an adventurous person where love is concerned and I’d easily choose the kitten over most men.
Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 10:35 PM   #81
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katipan View Post
My dad had to carry my birth certificate around in his wallet because people would find a white male with a young brown girl to be odd.
Thats sad. Glad we have moved on, well most have moved on.

I was way bigger than my classmates in elementary school. I was at least a foot taller than most and I was in shape. As a pitcher I threw faster than anyone had ever seen in Springfield(circa 67-69). I would have kids get in the batters box crying cause they were afraid. Sooooo every game there was mom's, dad's coaches etc. demanding my mom produce a birth certificate for me. She carried one on her at all my games.

A lot sillier reason than your more serious reason.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 10:51 PM   #82
MER

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Thats sad. Glad we have moved on, well most have moved on.

I was way bigger than my classmates in elementary school. I was at least a foot taller than most and I was in shape. As a pitcher I threw faster than anyone had ever seen in Springfield(circa 67-69). I would have kids get in the batters box crying cause they were afraid. Sooooo every game there was mom's, dad's coaches etc. demanding my mom produce a birth certificate for me. She carried one on her at all my games.

A lot sillier reason than your more serious reason.
Their reaction is silly, yes.

But no less silly than the way we treated dads as bumbling dolts who only managed to keep kids alive until mommy got home.

I’m sorry you got singled out.
You are lucky I wasn’t an aunt or something coming to the games.
Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 10:59 PM   #83
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katipan View Post
Their reaction is silly, yes.

But no less silly than the way we treated dads as bumbling dolts who only managed to keep kids alive until mommy got home.

I’m sorry you got singled out.
You are lucky I wasn’t an aunt or something coming to the games.
I never took it personally. I was a danger to those kids. I was so much bigger and stronger. It was summer rec ball. There was no such thing as competitive ball back then. I had no idea on how throw a strike so I was wild. Which didn't exactly calm the nervous moms down.
By 6th grade I was 6'2". Stopped growing. I didn't really have any athletic talent, I was just bigger than other kids my age.

BTW, I wanted to play with kids the same size and weight as me but the little league wouldn't allow it. And my Dad never attended one of my baseball games, Ever. How ****ed up is that shit? Maybe that's why I coached my sons teams even in sports I had no clue about(soccer).

Last edited by BigRedChief; Yesterday at 11:11 PM..
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 11:07 PM   #84
Emporer of Mongo

better in some ways , worse in others

the older I get the more I feel like im becoming my dad

I had a lot of freedoms that I don't give my kids..

the world is different now... its hard to compare but I try and shelter my kids from the uglier aspects of life. This reduced freedom & reduced exposure makes them a little less independent.. every decision has pros & cons but I want them to enjoy being kids as long as possible and also be kind & thoughtful toward others.

there's no one right way to do things and deep down I believe people are pretty set in their personalities from an early age.. like 3.

So I view my job as more of a teacher and the 1st thing any good teacher does is make it fun & get them interested.

so maybe not "better" but different
Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote