Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-28-2024, 08:39 AM  
Has a particular set of skills

***Official 2024 STL Cardinals Thread ***

I'll update the rosters and opening day lineup when its officially released.

2024 Opening Day roster.
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.

Last edited by BigRedChief; 03-28-2024 at 10:04 AM..
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:17 AM   #586

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Of course not.

I can barely turn around an 80 mph cage these days and that's when I know what's coming.

I wouldn't be able to foul off 90. And god help me if they were throwing 95 and breaking shit. No, you don't have a prayer in the world. Best you could do is swing at the middle and hope you accidentally barrel one.
Oh I knew I had no chance. Just wanted to see what speed and different pitches look like when you are in the batters box. And that's a cage, not a live pitcher that may come inside with the 95 to keep you off that outside pitch they want to throw.

I still think that hitting a round ball with a round bat thrown at that speeds and spin rates is the toughest athletic feat in sports. You fail 7 out of 10 times you are an All-Star and getting generational wealth. You fail 8 out of 10 times you are not even making it to MLB.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:30 AM   #587
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Oh I knew I had no chance. Just wanted to see what speed and different pitches look like when you are in the batters box. And that's a cage, not a live pitcher that may come inside with the 95 to keep you off that outside pitch they want to throw.

I still think that hitting a round ball with a round bat thrown at that speeds and spin rates is the toughest athletic feat in sports.
I had a college roommate who was a catcher and emergency pitcher for Truman State's completely forgettable baseball team.

He threw a high school caliber overhand curve.

I struggled to CATCH the damn thing.

From an emergency pitcher out of a mediocre mid-tier program. The fact that any of them ever get a hit impresses the hell out me.

I mean think of it this way - Nolan Gorman in High School had 146 plate appearances and only struck out 16 times. So against the same level of pitch that I struggled to catch, he managed a strikeout rate 12%.

It's THIRTY EIGHT PERCENT at the big league level. And he's better now than he was at 17. That's how much better big league stuff is than the stuff you and I have ever seen.

Then you look at someone like Jacob Wilson in AAA this season. With wood bats against relatively advanced pitching, Jacob Wilson struck out FIVE TIMES after adjusting to AAA in April. 140 PAs over 33 games and the dude had a strikeout rate of 3% (before getting promoted, getting a knock in his first big league at bat and promptly pulling a hammy rounding 3rd).

Just...how? And the dude managed a .670 SLG (roughly .250 ISO) over that time so he wasn't just out there bunting to make contact or anything. Kid was playing for Grand Canyon University a year ago and now he's in AAA hitting everything these guys throw up there at 22 years old.

The guys that do stuff like that just have hands that are beyond my understanding. The eyesight and coordination is absurd.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:39 PM   #588
Veteran

Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old Today, 01:45 PM   #589
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Thaaaat's a shame.

The fact that this team played Nolan Gorman for 105 games at 2b is an embarrassing testament to where they are as an organization.

Not one single game at DH. He's taken 3 innings at 3b this year and every other inning at 2b. It's just staggering.

At least this should finally get Donovan a permanent home at 2b. I mean we dumped a potential top of the order hitter and GG 2b in Edman for another aging arm because he aging arms we have broke down and we refused to even acknowledge that Edman is incredibly valuable on the IF and pretty much replacement level in the OF.

But again, silver lining is that Donovan at 2b is where he should've been all season anyway.

This team is just lost.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:34 PM   #590
Sleeping on the blacktop

Send Dewallet your resume DJ.
George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:23 PM   #591

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocotillo View Post
There’s another one that will get traded for shot returns and then ball out with the new team. I remember seeing the 64 Cardinals win the WS. One of my first memories of life. I suffered through the 70’s as a fan. I think this is just a repeat in some ways. They lost their way. Had horrible front offices and sometimes coaches.

This feels worse because the right GM and a farm system developing talent, we could be competing.
Old Today, 04:08 PM   #592
Consuming CP souls

Fire Mo and the coaching staff
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 04:16 PM   #593
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Time for somebody to rent a banner-flying plane.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.