Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-03-2023, 05:19 PM  
Starter

Patrick Mahomes says he wants to play flag football at the 2028 Olympics

Found this to share:

Patrick Mahomes says he wants to play flag football at the 2028 Olympics

Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes wants to be an Olympian.

Asked today in Germany about bringing the NFL overseas, Mahomes brought up the Olympics, and said he’s excited about flag football becoming an Olympic sport in 2028.

“NFL football, American football has taken to further parts, all the way across the world, with flag football coming to the Olympics. I think it’s really cool because football is a great game that has given me so much and I want to make sure everyone gets the same experience that I got growing up,” Mahomes said.

Mahomes said he hopes to be the quarterback for Team USA at the Los Angeles Olympics, although he isn’t sure if Chiefs coach Andy Reid and General Manager Brett Veach would be OK with it.

“I definitely want to, but I’ve seen some of those guys play the flag football and they’re a little faster than I am,” he said. “I know there’s not, like, linemen blocking for you. I’ll be 31, 32 years old, so if I can still move around then, I’m going to try to get out there and throw the football around maybe in LA. Just don’t tell Coach Reid or Veach or anybody.”

There are plenty of questions about whether active NFL players will participate in Olympic flag football. But if they do, Mahomes wants to be a part of it.

Link:
https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profoo...topic%2Fsports
Realbaddog must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Realbaddog must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Realbaddog must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Realbaddog must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Realbaddog must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Realbaddog must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Realbaddog must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Realbaddog must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Realbaddog must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Realbaddog must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Realbaddog must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old Today, 01:14 PM   #31
Veteran

Doucette is so confident of that -- he told us he believes if a squad full of NFL stars took on his flag team ... the NFL players would lose.

Oh damn this must happen!
Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.
Old Today, 01:15 PM   #32
Veteran

Also, this Doucette guy will be pushing 40 when 2028 comes ha
Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.
Old Today, 02:39 PM   #33
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Lol at the flag football QB. Like NFL players wouldn't be able to make their flag football team.

Don't really care one way or the other if Mahomes wants to play in the Olympics. I don't think NFL players should though. And it's not about the potential for injuries. I just don't see the why in it. Is the US team so bad they can't confidently bring back the gold? If they're competitive, just let them go there and go for the gold. The Olympics are supposed to be for the amateur athletes, not pros. Too many pros already in the Olympics.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.