Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-21-2020, 01:18 AM  
MONTANA #19

I want to show you my newest sports card...

The sports card market is absolutely booming right now. I sold off enough of my other stuff to buy this. There are only 10 of them. It is indescribably beautiful.

Last edited by arrowheadnation; 01-30-2023 at 05:45 PM..
arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old Yesterday, 04:06 PM   #871
New and Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by myselff77 View Post
Last trip home to visit the family, I brought back a frame holding 9 of my favorite cards/players from the late 80s early 90s time frame. These weren't necessarily my best cards as those were in the 1 inch thick acrylic cases. However, in the frame I have:

1990 Leaf Will Clark
1986 Topps George Brett: (as a kid I wanted every George Brett Topps card, I should try to check that off the bucket list one of these days)
1986 Donruss Jose Canseco
1982 Fleer Cal Ripken Jr
1986 Topps Traded Bo Jackson
1982 Topps Rickey Henderson
1989 Donruss Ken Griffey Jr (Never managed to get myself the Upper Deck rookie)
1985 Donruss Darryl Strawberry
1983 Topps Rune Sandburg

I went ahead and hung the frame up. Though now I'm thinking perhaps swapping some of the cards out. Perhaps picking up some random Salvy or Bobby Witt Jr card. i don't necessarily want to drop a ton of money or cards or making sure it is a 10 gem mint or whatever the grading scale is. Realistically, I'm just going to look at it on the wall every day. Do I just buy whatever I see off ebay or any advice in the card market nowadays?

I've got about 7 Brett Topps cards. You looking for anything in particular? I've probably got Witt and Salvy cards too. Just have to find them.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 04:27 PM   #872
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumppy View Post
I've got about 7 Brett Topps cards. You looking for anything in particular? I've probably got Witt and Salvy cards too. Just have to find them.
I do have Brett's rookie card. I know I'd be missing 1976-1979.
I do have a Royals set that if I recall was 1980, but am probably missing 81-84. I'm guessing I'd have a Brett card from 85 through the rest of his playing career as that is pretty much the period I was collecting cards.

I have no idea what the market is like these days. If cards aren't graded or aren't perfect do they hold much value? If not, then I might be able to knock this off pretty cheaply, but I really don't know the market at all on old cards.
myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.
Old Yesterday, 05:24 PM   #873
New and Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by myselff77 View Post
I do have Brett's rookie card. I know I'd be missing 1976-1979.
I do have a Royals set that if I recall was 1980, but am probably missing 81-84. I'm guessing I'd have a Brett card from 85 through the rest of his playing career as that is pretty much the period I was collecting cards.

I have no idea what the market is like these days. If cards aren't graded or aren't perfect do they hold much value? If not, then I might be able to knock this off pretty cheaply, but I really don't know the market at all on old cards.
Any of these. Sorry about pic quality. They're all in real good condition. If you're interested I'll take some better pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail (1).jpg
Views:	26
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	127848   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail (2).jpg
Views:	28
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	127849   Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	127850  
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 07:57 AM   #874
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumppy View Post
Any of these. Sorry about pic quality. They're all in real good condition. If you're interested I'll take some better pics.
Thanks for posting. Most of those look like late 80's/early 90's. Pretty sure I would have most of those as well, but I appreciate you taking the time to look and post. Those 87 Topps cards were a classic with the wood grain border!
myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.myselff77 is not part of the Right 53.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote