Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-24-2010, 06:18 AM  
In Search of a Life

50 Beers to Try Before You Die

Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 04-01-2011 at 08:05 PM..
NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.NewChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 04:06 PM   #5791
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceej View Post
Man, I'm just hearing about The Great Taste of the Midwest - located in Madison, Wisconsin every year.

There are approximately 1400 beers to try for only $70.

I'm definitely hitting it up next year. You guys should check out the breweries on the list. Insane.
Gimme a minute...
https://program.greattaste.org/
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 04:11 PM   #5792
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
This guy was serious!
Reaper was a seriosu dude in all aspects. Not sure what happened to him.

One of my first ever neg reps way back in the day was an argument about rap music vs old school rock .

Looking back I can't say he was totally wrong but I still stand by my original concept of thought.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:21 PM   #5793
Would an idiot do that?

Floyds with like 5 Dark Lords stouts is about all I need to know about that beer fest.... noticed Founders is bringing back CBS (that never seemed to go away), that's cool.

Mikerphone looks fun as does Revolution. Toppling Goliath seems a bit lacking compared to others, but Caramel Apple Fandango is great along with Mornin' Delight... figured they'd have a Term Oil, I guess.

I'm game... Drekker, Surly, that one in Duluth and that other one in Canada or some shit, beer fest, hit up Mikerphone and Toppling Goliath/Pulpit Rock.

Gain 30 pounds.

It'll be awesome.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 04:24 PM   #5794
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
Reaper was a seriosu dude in all aspects. Not sure what happened to him.

One of my first ever neg reps way back in the day was an argument about rap music vs old school rock .

Looking back I can't say he was totally wrong but I still stand by my original concept of thought.
His music lists were insane... he'd rate like symphonic music and then the heaviest death-iest metal music that was just screaming, and then he was a beer connoisseur, food aficionado.
Old Yesterday, 05:08 PM   #5795
Cheat Death

Half Acre Triple Barrel Catch Hell is the best beer on that list

Don’t sleep on Forager. Nilerzzzzz was one of my favorite beers at The Taste

EDIT: Maplewood Cuppa Neat:Stg Jr would be a must. Cuppa Neats are their non-adjuncts. First was Pappy barrels and one of Chicago’s best

Rev’s Cherry VSOJ is brewers kiss

Last edited by KCUnited; Yesterday at 05:15 PM..
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 06:51 PM   #5796
King Sandbagger

Having some beers and whisky nips tonight for the Chiefs game. Starting with some 10 year Ben Nevis in oloroso and a BKS KC Wide Open IPA, brewed by a local disc golfer Dick Parker for our local pro tour disc golf event, the KC Wide Open. If I knew how to use any of the technology at my hands, I'd post a picture but don't wait up for me.

Little bit green but minimal hop burn, it's a huge Citra bomb. No wonder since I think it's Citra, Citra Cryo and some more Citra in some form or fashion. Very tasty, soft mouthfeel. Water profile is right on point for the style.
phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:17 AM   #5797
BOOM!1!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
Half Acre Triple Barrel Catch Hell is the best beer on that list

Don’t sleep on Forager. Nilerzzzzz was one of my favorite beers at The Taste

EDIT: Maplewood Cuppa Neat:Stg Jr would be a must. Cuppa Neats are their non-adjuncts. First was Pappy barrels and one of Chicago’s best

Rev’s Cherry VSOJ is brewers kiss
Just saw they're releasing Before Land Shook next week - Vanilla, marshmallow, and sea salt. 17%. It sounds ****ing tasty.
Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 06:17 AM   #5798
BOOM!1!

Also, any of you guys use UnTapped religiously?

I could use some friends on there.
Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ceej is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 07:17 AM   #5799
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:

Not really... being able to pull up nearby venues is great when traveling, but I don't care for their scoring system at all, so I rarely participate in that (I find beer advocate a far better reflection of whether I'll enjoy a particular beer).
Old Today, 07:17 AM   #5800
Cheat Death

Quote:

I haven't logged anything on Untappd for a few years

I got to the point where the beers would come out and I'd pull my phone out and open the app. Then once I had my phone out it was like let me check my email, CP or whatever instead of just enjoying the beer. So I shut it down for my own sake

The scoring is also a little comical. Ewwww a lager 2/5 but a shitty IPA 3.9/5

I do like to see what beers are being posted so I know whats out and where so it does have its usefulness
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:40 AM   #5801
Seeking the Truth daily

Seeing the Octoberfest brews hitting stores. Always a good thing
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 08:54 AM   #5802
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
I haven't logged anything on Untappd for a few years

I got to the point where the beers would come out and I'd pull my phone out and open the app. Then once I had my phone out it was like let me check my email, CP or whatever instead of just enjoying the beer. So I shut it down for my own sake

The scoring is also a little comical. Ewwww a lager 2/5 but a shitty IPA 3.9/5

I do like to see what beers are being posted so I know whats out and where so it does have its usefulness
I haven't rated many, and none in the past few years, but I'm always about +0.5-0.7 above the overall score (I've never jumped on there to throw shade).

North Park Hazies coming in at 4.38.
Old Today, 09:03 AM   #5803
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
I haven't rated many, and none in the past few years, but I'm always about +0.5-0.7 above the overall score (I've never jumped on there to throw shade).

North Park Hazies coming in at 4.38.
I don't really pay attention to the scores unless they're really bad. There's way more mediocre beer out there than good to great but you wouldn't know it by looking at Untappd

I think the average score is in the upper 3's which defies math on a 5 point scale

People want beer to be better than it really is especially if you'd sought it out and paid for it. Then the whole style bias, rating while inebriated, not wanting to self admit you're drinking a shit beer, etc.
Old Today, 09:19 AM   #5804
BOOM!1!

It's cool.

I'll just go **** myself.
Old Today, 09:22 AM   #5805
BOOM!1!

I guess I use Untapped more as a beer journal - that way I don't drink a beer I've already had before, unless I love it.

It can get tricky for me when it comes to Drekker and Untitled Arts.