Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-05-2024, 02:46 PM  
Veteran

Aiyuk to the Steelers?

Seems to be a lot of buzz around the Steelers finalizing a trade for Aiyuk.

Last edited by SHOWTIME; 08-05-2024 at 02:52 PM..
SHOWTIME has disabled reputation
Old Today, 11:51 AM   #121
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
"Surely"? I don't know. They've struck out on QBs since Ben retired. And it's not like it's a given that they'll find a franchise QB any time soon. And next season's crop of college QBs aren't being hailed at all from what I've read. I mean, it Took KC what, 50 years?
They didn't even try until 18. They hadn't taken a 1st or 2nd round QB for 30 years.

The first year they tried they nailed it...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:51 AM   #122
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
Do you think DaVante wants to give his money back?

Also SF isn't going to remain a powerhouse team forever, they are at the end of their run.

Well, we do know that Davante wasn't happy about his QBs last season. And in that "Receiver" show he even said out loud several times that he needed to get out of there.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 11:52 AM   #123
Fan since 1997

I find it hard to believe the notoriously cheap Rooney family, who rarely dishes out second contracts to its players, is willing to go out of its way to give up draft capital AND pay a wide receiver $30 million per.
Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Chieftain must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old Today, 11:52 AM   #124
The man you could post like.

Quote:
He wouldn't even give the ball to Bijan Robinson...
That's laughably overblown. Robinson had 214 attempts. The highest in the whole league was Derrick Henry at 280.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 11:53 AM   #125
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chieftain View Post
I find it hard to believe the notoriously cheap Rooney family, who rarely dishes out second contracts to its players, is willing to go out of its way to give up draft capital AND pay a wide receiver $30 million per.
In fact they annually trade away WR's because they aren't willing to pay at the position.

Yeah, it did raise an eyebrow...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 11:55 AM   #126
Forever Royal

Aiyuk is striking while the iron appears hottest for him. There’s obviously no guarantee he has another really good year and stays injury free, but also this might be a possible indicator that he doesn’t think Purdy is all that good and that it’s a little risky to somewhat rely on him for his big pay day.
mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:00 PM   #127
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockChalk View Post
How so? Maybe his priority right now is financial security for life.

Let's not pretend Pittsburgh is some historically shit organization. He's going to a well-run franchise and getting paid to do it. While his team quality is taking a major step down for 2024, who knows what lies ahead.

Not sure how this move for him equates to flushing his career down the toilet.

SF apparently offered him around $24M/yr, no? Don't remember if they posted the length of contract, but $24M is a lot of $$$. And the reality is that Aiyuk is not a top-3 or top-5 WR, so $30M shouldn't even be on the table.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:05 PM   #128
Forever Royal

Quote:
SF apparently offered him around $24M/yr, no? Don't remember if they posted the length of contract, but $24M is a lot of $$$. And the reality is that Aiyuk is not a top-3 or top-5 WR, so $30M shouldn't even be on the table.

This might just be the whole thing though. Maybe he found out that right now, before the season, he could be worth that to a team that basically isn’t paying QBs now or in the near future, but still is in need of a playmaker, and also has basically no other options. In the Steelers case, are they even paying a QB this season? I guess something for Fields but nothing for Wilson.
mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:11 PM   #129
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
This might just be the whole thing though. Maybe he found out that right now, before the season, he could be worth that to a team that basically isn’t paying QBs now or in the near future, but still is in need of a playmaker, and also has basically no other options. In the Steelers case, are they even paying a QB this season? I guess something for Fields but nothing for Wilson.

Eh. He was on a team that made it to the SB twice in 5 years, and if Purdy didn't get injured at the beginning of that game vs. PHI, maybe it would've been 3 times.

Very little chance of that in PIT. And historically, when WRs at his level join teams with bad QBs, they kind of disappear after a couple seasons because their production just drops off, and they're playing for a team that doesn't go deep into the playoffs, so they're just less visible.

I mean, as a player I like Aiyuk; I think he's pretty good. But I don't see PIT helping his career, just his wallet. We'll see, and I hope he thrives there, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Old Today, 12:12 PM   #130
Hockey Town

Quote:
Eh. He was on a team that made it to the SB twice in 5 years, and if Purdy didn't get injured at the beginning of that game vs. PHI, maybe it would've been 3 times.

Very little chance of that in PIT. And historically, when WRs at his level join teams with bad QBs, they kind of disappear after a couple seasons because their production just drops off, and they're playing for a team that doesn't go deep into the playoffs, so they're just less visible.

I mean, as a player I like Aiyuk; I think he's pretty good. But I don't see PIT helping his career, just his wallet. We'll see, and I hope he thrives there, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
And you miss the part where most players mainly care about the money.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:14 PM   #131
Forever Royal

Aiyuk to the Steelers?

Quote:

I’m not really arguing at all that he will have better stats or career there. But from his perspective it’s entirely possible he will make far more money the next five years by pushing his way out right now.
Old Today, 12:15 PM   #132
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:

Oh, I'm aware. There's always a few players that buck that trend, but the vast majority go the $$, I get it. But he was part of a team that was semi-regularly getting to the SB. If he goes to PIT, he'll be a part of a team that, doesn't. With a QB (or QBs) that can't get him the ball the way he was getting it in SF, that's all I'm saying.

If it works out for him, kudos. But history isn't really in his favor.
Old Today, 12:18 PM   #133
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
I’m not really arguing at all that he will have better stats or career there. But from his perspective it’s entirely possible he will make far more money the next five years by pushing his way out right now.

Meh. It's short-sighted thinking, imo. But like I said, if it works out for him, congrats. If it doesn't, well, I won't be surprised, that's all.
Old Today, 12:22 PM   #134
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Quote:
It really is that simple most the time.

I remember when JJ Watt even went to the highest bidder in Arizona at the end of his career.

Could’ve taken a cheap deal to win a ring after accomplishing everything else in his career. The money still mattered more.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:37 PM   #135
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
It really is that simple most the time.

I remember when JJ Watt even went to the highest bidder in Arizona at the end of his career.

Could’ve taken a cheap deal to win a ring after accomplishing everything else in his career. The money still mattered more.
Even $1m difference is a lot of money.
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.